Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Replacing my 2012 Cervelo RS 58cm
Quote | Reply
Sadly, my 2012 Cervelo is nearing the end of its lifespan and I need to start saving/planning for a new replacement. The thing is, it is my favorite bike, specifically about the geometry. How do I go about finding a new bike that matches the geometry of my current bike? Also, I would like to avoid disc brakes, but that seems less likely. Is it worth going all in for a custom built bike to match the frame exactly?

https://vintagecervelo.weebly.com/rs.html
Quote Reply
Re: Replacing my 2012 Cervelo RS 58cm [ironcode] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you go to geometry geeks website and pay $7 fot a month, you can enter the stack and reach and search a whole bunch of frames based on that criteria. It’s coffee stop money. Alternatively don’t pay and just enter the Cervelo RS in 58cm and then select a whole bunch of bikes to compare. You’ll quickly get an understanding of where different brands models sit in relation to your ideal stack and reach. Current Cervelo R-Series and S-series (both slightly higher stack) The 2021 R5 would be within a couple of mm of your current position. A Canyon Ultimate with a 5mm spacer would too. I love that website - hope it helps!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As Jbf mentioned - when the RS was made it was the taller option compared to the R3 of the time. But the next generation of R3 got taller, to be very similar to the RS. That has continued over the next couple of generations.
You may have to hunt a bit, but the current R-Series rim brake would be a nice step on from your RS - much bigger tyre clearance and you would find the steering more confident.

This link will take you to a side by side geometry comparison
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bought a RS in 2008 and reluctantly sold it last year at a ridiculously high price , I have a R3 and a New Caledonia 5 DI2 .
Without doubt the most comfortable and greatest handling of all 3 is the RS . Really regret selling mine . My 2014 R3 is close but not a all round fit .The Cal 5 well this is a beast and moves like stink and can handle anything with 28mm Conti tubeless.
Last edited by: sward: May 15, 21 14:35
Quote Reply
Re: Replacing my 2012 Cervelo RS 58cm [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you so much, that is really helpful. That website is exactly what I was looking for and will help me when I am ready to buy.
Quote Reply
Re: Replacing my 2012 Cervelo RS 58cm [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, great info and I appreciate your help.
Quote Reply
Re: Replacing my 2012 Cervelo RS 58cm [sward] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you find the disc vs rim brakes? I have only ever had rim brakes and never really desired discs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So pleased with the discs , but DI2 is incredible.
Quote Reply
Re: Replacing my 2012 Cervelo RS 58cm [sward] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great, I am upgraded from the stock groupset, 10s Rival, so I imagine it will be a world of difference.
Quote Reply