Well obviously you need to increase immigration
Quote | Reply
https://www.wsj.com/...slowdown-11620725400

I realize making people work is anathema for the Left but come on now
Quote Reply
Re: Well obviously you need to increase immigration [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I couldn’t read your linked article.

Your idea of increasing immigration is one solution, I suppose.

But in reality, a ton of women left the workforce and haven’t returned— probably due to childcare issues, remote learning, workplace safety, and wages that don’t make sense given health risks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
or wages

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Making people work should be anathema to everyone. Incentivizing people to work is anathema to the right.

Here's a map that I marked to show the states that have nixed the additional $300 a week. Because why fill labor shortages by encouraging businesses to share the bounty of one of the best financial years most of them have ever had when you can push workers past the point of desperation instead?!

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: Well obviously you need to increase immigration [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
or wages

If people would just pull themselves up by their bootstraps they could all be millionaires. Sure, most people have the opportunity, unfortunately, the vast majority do not have the ability. The Republicans want everyone to believe they can be a millionaire if they just work hard enough, that is a harmful lie. People vote against their own best interest and perpetuate this lie.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Well obviously you need to increase immigration [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
j p o wrote:
or wages

If people would just pull themselves up by their bootstraps they could all be millionaires. Sure, most people have the opportunity, unfortunately, the vast majority do not have the ability. The Republicans want everyone to believe they can be a millionaire if they just work hard enough, that is a harmful lie. People vote against their own best interest and perpetuate this lie.

We kept telling all of these people that if they wanted a living wage they should get a better job. Now that they decided to agree and everyone is figuring out no one should work at hard ass jobs that cause injuries with limited hours (because heaven forbid someone get 1.5 x minimum wage for 15 minutes), no sick days, no vacation days, no benefits and a couple people can't get a burger at lunch they're crying that no one wants to work.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Well obviously you need to increase immigration [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
j p o wrote:
or wages

We kept telling all of these people that if they wanted a living wage they should get a better job. Now that they decided to agree and everyone is figuring out no one should work at hard ass jobs that cause injuries with limited hours (because heaven forbid someone get 1.5 x minimum wage for 15 minutes), no sick days, no vacation days, no benefits and a couple people can't get a burger at lunch they're crying that no one wants to work.

I'm not saying CEO's are morally obligated to share their hard-earned wealth with workers. But I am saying that for so long as the above is true they are morally obligated to stop whinging and demanding government fix their hiring problems for them.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply