Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Running question
Quote | Reply
Sorry if this is not posted in the correct forum.

Had a question regarding running and ball of foot issue.

Been out of the sport for 10+ years and want to get back into training and possibly doing a race or two.

Wondering if anyone has had Morton's neuroma and what they did to correct it.

Going to see foot doc in 2 weeks. Have pain in ball of foot, doesn't seem to radiate and the weird part is if i don't wear socks, it doesn't seem to be as bad.

I have a wide foot and use 4E shoes. Doesn't bother me when cycling unless over 3 hours.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar and can provide some advice.

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Running question [nyleparker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are plenty of Morton's Neuroma threads around, but I don't think you have enough posts to do a Search for yourself

Hope think link works for you

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...=post_time&mh=25

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Running question [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Found out it’s neuroma.
Starting treatment, neurolytic alcohol injections.
Surgery as last resort.

Hopefully get back running soon.

Thanks for all the info supplied
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you went through that thread you might have read my post. I went through it and it started out not so bad then got so bad last winter I couldn’t run and had surgery. Best decision I could have made and wish I did it much sooner. Went through 3 rounds of shots and they seemed to work for a month then it was back to pain. I wish I didn’t wait so long since after talking with my surgeon (different that the podiatrist) too many shots can cause more damage which might have explained why the last shot made it hurt more.

So my suggestion is don’t wait too long to get surgery since treatments don’t always work. Surgery was also very simple and a pretty quick recovery.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply