Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? March 22 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? March 22 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals this week:
journal every day
mental and physical health (=> keep the run mileage in check)
I did not journal every day; I had 5/7 days with healthy coping skills. Goals for this week are the same as last.
I did keep the run mileage kind of in check, B on that.

Volunteering at the NCAA xc meet last Monday was amazing :-)

M: 7 mi run + 1100m swim
T: 32.7 mi bike + 2 mi run
W: 11.5 mi run + 7.5 mi bike
T: 7 mi run + 1800m swim
F: 18.5 mi bike + 5800m swim
S: 12 mi run
S: 46.6 mi bike

Totals
s: 8700 m
b: 105.3 mi
r: 39.5 mi

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? March 22 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bet the XC meet was a lot of fun!

Last week I rode the bike 4 times, walked once, yoga and physical therapy (hip/shoulder). One ride was the longest outdoor ride since September 2019. This week the plan is to hit all of the bike workouts Mon-Thur, then play the weekend by ear. I get my second Pfizer shot on Friday morning so who knows how I will feel.

Last week was my last week of my writing class which I have really enjoyed. I'm taking another one in April.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So glad that you enjoyed it TC! And Ironclm, sounds like you're off and having fun adventures:)

I did everything I was supposed to last week. It was a recovery week, but here's the thing about recovery weeks: the intensity is still hard. So, I was struggling over the weekend to work as hard as my coach wanted me to, even though the workouts were shorter. I'm examining it, trying to figure out if I'm not paying as much attention to things like nutrition, hydration, recovery, stretching, sleeping, work stress, all the things. I'm also curious to see if, after my rest day today, I feel fresher, like maybe you don't feel the recovery until you GET recovery after the lighter week? There's some logic there, right? Anyway, this is my first build for a full IM, so I'm thinking about all those balls in the air and figuring out what's best.

Oh, and thanks to Cupcake inspiring me to join Team Zoot, I ordered a smart trainer with our discount code, so now I get to have more adventures in the basement!

This week, work's getting more overwhelming than usual. Nothing in particular, just EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING ALL AT ONCE AND WE DON'T HAVE SPRING BREAK TO CATCH UP. So we'll see what happens. Buckle up! Here's the plan:

M: swim 2400 yds (checkity check!)
T: RESTRESTRESTREST!!!!
W: Fartletk run (1 hr.) plus strength
Th: Threshold ride (1 hr)
F: Tempo run plus strength
Sa: long ride
Su: long run

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? March 22 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BingTri wrote:
I ordered a smart trainer with our discount code

Oooh, what did you get?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Spring, Ladies! Hope everyone has a bright and fulfilling week ahead.

Last week was very much still recovery for me. I added back in a teeeny tiiiiiny bit of running, but the HR is still high. This is the crazy thing about this training cycle- for the first time ever, the body and chassis feel much better than the engine afterwards. Chalk that up to all the strength and yoga I've been doing, hooray! Work has become very busy. My athlete roster increased by 300% in the past week (!!!). People are obviously looking at races on the calendar and are being hopeful to race. I'm excited to help them be the athletes they want to be.

I also ran outside with some of my team on Saturday for the first time in almost EIGHTEEN MONTHS. That's insane. I know babies that are older than the last time I ran with my squad. This past year has been such a screwball mindfuck. I'm also completely ill-prepared to be around a bunch of people again in real life, because I was basically had big jack russel terrier energy the whole time, lol. It still felt good to see people though.

This week- easing back in even more. It's going to be a balance though, because I have a colonoscopy on Friday and that means not only am I having to front-load my week with workouts because I'm on a liquid/then nothing diet from Thursday morning until mid-afternoon Friday, I also can't eat how I like to (ie, with all the good stuff that they don't want hanging out in my poo tube when they go in).

M- 50min run and strength. I ran a hilly route and rounded out my leg day. Whee!
Tu- Yoga and long walk. Yoga kicked my ass this morning in such a good way, with my advanced flow class
W- 1hr hilly ride on the trainer and a mile run brick
Th- EASY 10k run outside, then hunkering down with my bone broth and Tailwind all day.
F- REST. Including the best 45 minute nap I'll get in three years.
Sa- 25mi bike ride with rolling hills, with a 20min run brick
Su- Walk and yard work if the weather cooperates

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? March 22 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I'm also curious to see if, after my rest day today, I feel fresher, like maybe you don't feel the recovery until you GET recovery after the lighter week? There's some logic there, right?

That's always how it's worked for me.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Late to the party this week- Got a walk in on Tuesday, with my usual run group, which hasn't gotten together to train for almost a year. Trying to get stuff cleaned up so I can get some indoor rides in this weekend.
Last week- That was my spring break, got 2 swims in , and created a rockumentary/documentary for the Easterseals Disability film Challenge. I am by no means a professional editor or photographer (the major roles I took on during this competition), but I am proud of the work my mom, sister and I did on this film. So if you want to check it out-- without further ado, I present--- The C? True Kittywood Story- Casper & Yoda- From Feral to Housecat. It is less than 4 minutes long. Narrated by my sister - she is a professional actress, the only professional in this production, but this was her first time with a VoiceOver role, she created the voice for both cats (they are both male). Oh yes, she has Down Syndrome, so the subtitles may come in handy if you have difficulty understanding what she is saying.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply