Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? March 8 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? March 8 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey! Look at me, gettin' my update in on Monday. I'm fine. Everything's just moving along. I did everything I was supposed to last week, training-wise. This week:

Mon: Well, I was supposed to swim, but a series of unfortunate events prevented it (pool trips in the COVID era can be complicated). Now it's a rest day.
Tu: Strength
W: run
Th: ride
F: run
Sat: long ride (3 hrs. on a trainer. Anyone else's butt protest at such long trainer sessions?)
Su: long run (about 10 mi.)

Hope all my womens are doin' all right with home renovations, coping skills, etc.

AND HAPPY B-DAY CUPCAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? March 8 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm okay. I feel kind of overworked - and there's no spring break to look forward to this year (cancelled due to covid) - and I have been trying to be really good about giving myself a break, even though I don't really feel like I've been productive enough to warrant it. My goals last week were mental and physical health; the latter is fine (I was able to run again and kept the mileage relatively in check) and the former I had 5/7 good days with healthy coping skills.

s: 7400 yds (5x)
b: 93.2 mi (5x)
r: 31.4 mi (6x)

I think I did strength once.

Goals this week:
journal every day
mental and physical health first!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy birthday Cupcake!

Last week was a mess. I woke up on Sunday (2/28) feeling great, but by 10 AM, I had a fever of 100.5F and that went up to 101.9F with coughing and stomach issues, so all my plans for Sunday went out the door.

Monday - I felt better, but the doctor wanted me to go get a rapid results COVID test. Did that and it was negative. Doctor said come in Tuesday AM.

Tuesday - Feeling about 90%. Doctor does his own COVID test ("I don't trust the rapid tests." WTF!!!) Go home, rest and isolate until test result is back.

Thursday AM - Message from doctor - COVID test is negative. Ordered antibiotics for what is likely an infection.

Thursday PM - Email saying there was a message from Vanderbilt Med portal and a second email saying there was a scheduling notification in the portal. Thought to self: Did he tell me to come back? Went into the portal and found "PLEASE SCHEDULE YOUR FIRST COVID VACCINE". OMG!!!!

Friday 8AM - First Pfizer jab done! Headache most of the day and super tired later. Went to bed before 8PM.

Finally Sunday I felt good enough to ride the Kicker bike 12 miles - Rouvy app on the last 20K of the IM Kona course. That was fun! Later I went to yoga.

Back to training this week.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got 2 swims and 2 indoor bike rides in.Finally figures out how to get the bike onThe Kickr easier , I really struggled the first time with the thru axel. Lost my pool time this week, the pool started swim lessons this week, the last slot is at 3:00, no way I can make that with my work schedule.
This week- more riding on the trainer, some stretch cord work, maybe go for a run. Get swim times for next week (we are on spring break, so I can swim at anytime).
Looks like Disneyland will finally open at the end of next month, bringing back 10,000 jobs in the parks alone. Sorry no out of state visitors allowed yet, though.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Week, Ladies! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TDS! March babes are lighting it up around here :) Thank you to all of you who celebrated with me! <3

Last week was a crazy amazing trip. 40 feels fabulous so far. I absolutely, without even a sniff of hyperbole, demolished my Rubyman goals. I have a new TT PR in the pool for 40 minutes, a 40 miler PR on the bike, and a SUB FOUR MARATHON for the FIRST TIME EVER. I could write an essay on how the day went, but I saved it all on IG so check it out if you're interested. It boils down to showing up and being consistent with the workouts, nailing my recovery and nutrition, and controlling the controllables. When you do all of that, race day magic shows up and makes you smile through the grit and helps you plow through the 20mph headwind gusts on the hills of your marathon.

I'm finally feeling normal. Well, normal as in I am no longer performing a two-handed dismount in the bathroom and stairs are no long an enemy. Am I ready to do any of that again? Hahaha no. Which is why I'm riding 40 miles with a small group on Saturday. Did I mention I have no chill?

Goals for the week- RECOVERY!

M- REST
Tu- REST. Celebrated the hubs' birthday, he did not do a Ruby+3Man. We did eat fancy salads and I made him an amazing cake.
W- Walk and a LOT of coaching sessions today. Also board meeting tonight for the cycling club.
Th- Dry land swim and yoga
F- Probably another walk, and getting my road bike road-ready.
Sa- 40 mile ride with cycling club friends
Su- Teaching my last offseason cycling skills class. The real fun begins outside again soon!

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? March 8 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
congrats on the super duper PRs!!!

Quote Reply