Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Old Teneo 85 Hub Brand & Model?
Quote | Reply
Greetings All,
I recently acquired an old Teneo 85 (Velocite Noir?) rear wheel and was wondering what brand's hub (and model number?) was in this wheel. I read that this hub was a "Novatec" from an old post, but want to verify same. There are no markings or decals, etc. on the hub... nothing to identify the model. The bearing are indexing so I plan to replace them. Likewise if the freehub gets more bit by the cassette cogs down the road it'd be nice to know what replacement (or compatible) to look for.

Some pics:

Here's a 50/85 wheelset pic from the web:

Can anyone provide some info on this rear wheel?

TIA,
Eric
Last edited by: skipper0802: Mar 2, 21 13:25
Quote Reply
Re: Old Teneo 85 Hub Brand & Model? [skipper0802] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Received a response back from the Light Bicycles... their representative said that their company was not involved with the Teneo 85 rear wheel at all. My search for information continues.
Quote Reply
Re: Old Teneo 85 Hub Brand & Model? [skipper0802] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After examining 2008~2019 Novatec catalogues, the most likely model number is F282SB-S10. Information about how model numbers are structured is available at the "N guide" link below. After numerous email exchanges with Novatec USA, the model number is still not confirmed. What does appear confirmed, is that the freehub is a type A2, 3-pawl (Shimano compatible.) Note that the original designation was type A.

Helpful information links:
Spare parts for hubs | N guide European web source for part information
www.Bikefettish.com Novatec USA suggested supplier for parts
Novatec documents at ISSUU Novatec prior year catalogs and related hub/wheel information

Moving on...
Quote Reply