Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: CPAC stage in shape of SS insignia [JFHJR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JFHJR wrote:
...and who (according to the twitter of the person I linked) has a liberal Jewish owner...decided to get in bed with CPAC to create this stage and/or are now falling on their sword to protect CPAC.

Owner is not Jewish, according to the Twitter you linked. A Jewish person would have immediately recognized the symbol.

This all very well could be a coincidence, but it tough to argue at this point these things shouldn’t be questioned. And I don’t mean, well the owner is liberal and some people that work there are liberal so there is no way this was intentional. Sounds like a decent size company which means they likely have a wide range of political leanings working on their projects.

ETA: if I wanted to fall on the sword I would hope a blanket denial would be enough, but I’d come armed with all of the designs that were submitted and some correspondence in how the final design was chosen. This is kind of a big deal given the last 4 years.
Last edited by: TimeIsUp: Mar 3, 21 12:47
Quote Reply
Re: CPAC stage in shape of SS insignia [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
It could be the design company is innocent in all this. It could be purely coincidental that the one design they submitted that was accidentally similar to an SS insignia, was the one chosen by CPAC. I'm willing to cautiously buy their denial, but it could be they were asked to make a number of designs around a theme - a theme they didn't realize was an SS insignia. Whatever the complete truth, we can be fairly sure no-one is going to admit to it (which rather negates your "proof"), and we can also say with certainty that Nazi imagery keeps appearing at Trump/GOP events and even on official Trump campaign T-shirts. We also know that one of Trump's top advisers and speech-writers (Stephen Miller) has links to white supremacy groups and was the architect of the hideous child separation immigration policy.

I only know what the Company said and I have no reason to question their authenticity. Until proof is offered otherwise, I'll believe them. Everything else you wrote in red is either your speculation or information not relevant to the topic at hand.

And, while that information may be sexy and true, and I don't defend any of it, it's simply not relevant here.

If information is revealed that shows the Company was in bed with CPAC and this was intentional, I'll gladly revise my position.
Quote Reply
Re: CPAC stage in shape of SS insignia [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i just had a spin around their website. Loads and loads of high profile events, many liberal causes, one for CPAC in 2016 where it looks like a fountain of influence is spraying out from Lady Liberty's armpit.

as much as i love a good conspiracy i'm happy to cop to this time being a coincidence.

but wait . . . another possibility is a designer at the company independently felt like editorialising about the participants.
Quote Reply
Re: CPAC stage in shape of SS insignia [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:

but wait . . . another possibility is a designer at the company independently felt like editorialising about the participants.

Fucking antifa again. Antifa dude works at the design company, and slipped it in. "Hold my beer, gonna make them march around an SS symbol all day, and they won't even know it until Twitter 'splodes."
Last edited by: trail: Mar 3, 21 13:02
Quote Reply
Re: CPAC stage in shape of SS insignia [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
JFHJR wrote:
...and who (according to the twitter of the person I linked) has a liberal Jewish owner...decided to get in bed with CPAC to create this stage and/or are now falling on their sword to protect CPAC.

Owner is not Jewish, according to the Twitter you linked. A Jewish person would have immediately recognized the symbol.

This all very well could be a coincidence, but it tough to argue at this point these things shouldn’t be questioned. And I don’t mean, well the owner is liberal and some people that work there are liberal so there is no way this was intentional. Sounds like a decent size company which means they likely have a wide range of political leanings working on their projects.

ETA: if I wanted to fall on the sword I would hope a blanket denial would be enough, but I’d come armed with all of the designs that were submitted and some correspondence in how the final design was chosen. This is kind of a big deal given the last 4 years.

You are correct. I was mistaken. OP corrected.

It is fair to question, but I stop at being authoritative until I know the facts.

No quarrel with your last paragraph and I suspect more will come on this. And, if it doesn't, we can probably assume this was coincidence and we should take the Company on face value. I imagine every liberal news source is chasing this down now hoping to find the whistle blower (if one exists). In my world, this would have been investigated before we all lost our shit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I give the stage a 11/10 on a trolling scale.

In all seriousness, I don't know why people would be so bothered if the stage was just a pure swastika, instead of a disguised one. I say encourage the Nazi sympathizers to show us exactly who they are, instead of trying to cancel their symbols. What's more dangerous and enemy you can clearly see or one who is partly in the shadows denying who they actually are.

This is actually the worst of everything, they are aware of the risk of being "cancelled" so resort to the pretty obvious subterfuge, but retain plausible deniability, but still make the liberals mad because they are letting us see what they are doing (because our real outrage is less from what they are doing than that they are denying what they are obviously doing). They've out maneuvered the left. If instead we stopped making them hide this stuff, they would have all the Nazi propaganda right out front and they couldn't deny exactly who they are and what their agenda is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JFHJR wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
JFHJR wrote:

You are correct. I was mistaken. OP corrected.

It is fair to question, but I stop at being authoritative until I know the facts.

No quarrel with your last paragraph and I suspect more will come on this. And, if it doesn't, we can probably assume this was coincidence and we should take the Company on face value. I imagine every liberal news source is chasing this down now hoping to find the whistle blower (if one exists). In my world, this would have been investigated before we all lost our shit.

Agree and why I held off on commenting on the substance of the OP until now even though I called CPAC a bunch of muppets, which I stand by. This was going to be sussed out quickly and I think the company took the lead with their denial to get ahead of any headlines. Basically the conspiracy is down to a rogue employee who got one past the bosses or a naive employee who let someone at CPAC have too much design control.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JFHJR wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
It could be the design company is innocent in all this. It could be purely coincidental that the one design they submitted that was accidentally similar to an SS insignia, was the one chosen by CPAC. I'm willing to cautiously buy their denial, but it could be they were asked to make a number of designs around a theme - a theme they didn't realize was an SS insignia. Whatever the complete truth, we can be fairly sure no-one is going to admit to it (which rather negates your "proof"), and we can also say with certainty that Nazi imagery keeps appearing at Trump/GOP events and even on official Trump campaign T-shirts. We also know that one of Trump's top advisers and speech-writers (Stephen Miller) has links to white supremacy groups and was the architect of the hideous child separation immigration policy.

I only know what the Company said and I have no reason to question their authenticity. Until proof is offered otherwise, I'll believe them. Everything else you wrote in red is either your speculation or information not relevant to the topic at hand.

And, while that information may be sexy and true, and I don't defend any of it, it's simply not relevant here.

If information is revealed that shows the Company was in bed with CPAC and this was intentional, I'll gladly revise my position.

As TimeIsUp said, if I were the company trying to distance myself from this I would 100% release more information about the communications of what CPAC asked for and what design options were provided. The fact that all they have done so far is issue a simple denial, does not make it more likely there is nothing more to it, although it seems to have been enough for you.

And I would argue that the fact that Nazi imagery keeps popping up at Trump/GOP events and merchandise is entirely relevant to the topic at hand. As is Stephen Miller's involvement. It's called circumstantial evidence.

And again, the design company could be completely innocent in all this. That doesn't mean CPAC wasn't aware of why it chose the design it chose.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
JFHJR wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

As TimeIsUp said, if I were the company trying to distance myself from this I would 100% release more information about the communications of what CPAC asked for and what design options were provided. The fact that all they have done so far is issue a simple denial, does not make it more likely there is nothing more to it, although it seems to have been enough for you.

And I would argue that the fact that Nazi imagery keeps popping up at Trump/GOP events and merchandise is entirely relevant to the topic at hand. As is Stephen Miller's involvement. It's called circumstantial evidence.

And again, the design company could be completely innocent in all this. That doesn't mean CPAC wasn't aware of why it chose the design it chose.

The design company is a red herring. Nobody jumped into this thread or into the national media to claim that some design firm somewhere had white supremacists in it. The issue was and still is that CPAC allowed this design to take center stage (pun intended) at their national convention; and the possibility that, like several other designs or symbols associated with Nazism or white supremacy, this symbol was allowed to crop up in "conservative" media or events or paraphernalia associated with Pres Trump and his supporters.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: CPAC stage in shape of SS insignia [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You aren’t a very good conspiracy wingman. It has to take root somewhere.

To quote the famous philosopher The Dude -“ look, man, I've got certain information, all right? Certain things have come to light. And, you know, has it ever occurred to you, that, instead of, uh, you know, running around, uh, uh, blaming me, you know, given the nature of all this new shit, you know, I-I-I-I... this could be a-a-a-a lot more, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, complex, I mean, it's not just, it might not be just such a simple... uh, you know?”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
JFHJR wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

As mentioned there is also no mention of the origin of the shape. The higher ups may very well been blissfully ignorant. But without seeing an evolution of the design color me really skeptical.

If it was just similar I'd be more willing to buy it. But it is exactly that shape. I'm still wagering the actual designer knew what he did.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: CPAC stage in shape of SS insignia [KKG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KKG wrote:
Not even close to SS symbol. Imagination(bias) getting the best of you.

Still think it was my imagination?

The Nazis in your party are now flying swastika flags next to DeSantis banners. They’re not even trying to be subtle, and DeSantis has said nothing to denounce it.
Quote Reply
Re: CPAC stage in shape of SS insignia [D.O.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
D.O. wrote:
KKG wrote:
So is anyone using a skull a Nazi now.. or. a black fist also. They have a hell of a lot of symbols for all their damn divisions and so on. Is this how it's supposed to be now?

example:

When I see this shape, I think Medic symbol.

When I see that shape I see what should be behind Barry Bonds home run record and the Astros World Series win

Kurt Vonnegut

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: CPAC stage in shape of SS insignia [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It depends - what if their speaker spends the prior week advocating racial purity?

[edit: sorry, I read the quote as your post]

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Last edited by: Bretom: Jul 25, 22 10:11
Quote Reply
Re: CPAC stage in shape of SS insignia [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Notice anything different? No, these are NOT poorly made bootlegs

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/kiss-german-logo/

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: CPAC stage in shape of SS insignia [KKG] [ In reply to ]