Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Running shoes, your views and why I need your help with my survey.
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

In my day job, I conduct a lot of research that looks at the design or the perceptions of the technology we use in sport. I'd really value if any of you could spend approximately 4-5 minutes filling in an online survey I have constructed to investigate the shoes you wear when competing in triathlons. Some of the questions may seem unusual but there is a reason ;-)
I also ask for your views on some of the recent controversies in running shoes too. Here's the link for you to complete the survey:

https://forms.gle/Pk1N9DRZCHteG9q58

Thanks in advance for taking the time,

Dr Bryce Dyer, Bournemouth University, UK.
Quote Reply
Re: Running shoes, your views and why I need your help with my survey. [UK Gearmuncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Done, thanks.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: Running shoes, your views and why I need your help with my survey. [UK Gearmuncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Filled it in! Thanks! Report back with your results!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done. Had a quick webstalk and some interesting publications.

Also some impressive times and aero from a pretty big lad.
Quote Reply
Re: Running shoes, your views and why I need your help with my survey. [altayloraus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
altayloraus wrote:
Done. Had a quick webstalk and some interesting publications.

Also some impressive times and aero from a pretty big lad.

Thanks ! CdA (at 6ft 3 and ~89kg) circa 0.20 (with an occasional dabbling into 0.19 !)

Thanks everyone for donating your time so far. Keep 'em coming !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done.

Would be interested in the findings ! (I'm completely NOT in the sports equipment industry - just curious).
Quote Reply
Re: Running shoes, your views and why I need your help with my survey. [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BobAjobb wrote:
Done.

Would be interested in the findings ! (I'm completely NOT in the sports equipment industry - just curious).

Absolutely. I’ll be more than happy to share when it’s done. Thanks for taking the time !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did it. I was kind of surprised how little I care about my shoes, as long as they work. I would also be surprised, I think, by the options selectable, how much thought some people put into their shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done - good luck with your research
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn..... I think a trip up to see BXES-J Disley PhD might well be in order for me!
Quote Reply
Re: Running shoes, your views and why I need your help with my survey. [altayloraus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
altayloraus wrote:
Damn..... I think a trip up to see BXES-J Disley PhD might well be in order for me!

Thanks everyone ! The more responses I get, the better so I really appreciate everyone taking the time that have given it a go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done.

I’m not very emotionally attached to my shoes.

I hope I didn’t skew your data too much.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Re: Running shoes, your views and why I need your help with my survey. [wannabefaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the responses everyone. I'm now upto 90 replies. The more I can get the merrier so if you can spare 5 mins to fill it in, that would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
done, interesting going through my first thought was how different my answers would have been if it were about bikes... never really thought about the difference in attachment to the gear used for the two different sports before.
Quote Reply
Re: Running shoes, your views and why I need your help with my survey. [TommyBTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TommyBTri wrote:
done, interesting going through my first thought was how different my answers would have been if it were about bikes... never really thought about the difference in attachment to the gear used for the two different sports before.

I could partially answer that one for you !:

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/14606925.2020.1859167

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UK Gearmuncher wrote:
TommyBTri wrote:

I could partially answer that one for you !:

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/14606925.2020.1859167

huh, I have emotionally powerful relationships with my running shoes, much less so with the bike.. probably depends on your primary sport..

"It is a good feeling for old men who have begun to fear failure, any sort of failure, to set a schedule for exercise and stick to it. If an aging man can run a distance of three miles, for instance, he knows that whatever his other failures may be, he is not completely wasted away." Romain Gary, SI interview
Quote Reply