Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Today’s GOP leadership, distilled to its essence [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Moscow Mitch and many other Republicans are quietly pulling for the legal system to solve this problem for them, through indictments and convictions of Trump. Four years is a long time.

But as for the true Trump faithful, all I can say is that Nazism didn't end just because Germany lost WWII. There will be a legacy of Trumpism, by that or other names, for the decades to come.
Quote Reply
Re: Today’s GOP leadership, distilled to its essence [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
sphere wrote:
The shorts are likely a nod to the ridiculous photo Trump retweeted, which I presume is meant to symbolize him fighting for American.

Yeah, my first thought was the shorts remind me of the Rocky IV shorts. So Trump is fighting for America. Although Rocky was fighting a Russian and we all know that Trump would never put up a fight against a Russian.

OK, but flip flops, a suit coat and tie don't work when boxing. I mean, you trip on the flip flops and you ... oh hell, let's just go with it. TRUMP FOREVER!

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Today’s GOP leadership, distilled to its essence [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
BLeP wrote:
sphere wrote:
The shorts are likely a nod to the ridiculous photo Trump retweeted, which I presume is meant to symbolize him fighting for American.

Yeah, my first thought was the shorts remind me of the Rocky IV shorts. So Trump is fighting for America. Although Rocky was fighting a Russian and we all know that Trump would never put up a fight against a Russian.

OK, but flip flops, a suit coat and tie don't work when boxing. I mean, you trip on the flip flops and you ... oh hell, let's just go with it. TRUMP FOREVER!

When all you do is win, you can get away with wearing a suit coat and tie and flip flops.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Today’s GOP leadership, distilled to its essence [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
McConnell during Trump’s second impeachment trial:

“There is no question, none, that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day... (it) was a foreseeable consequence of the growing crescendo of false statements, conspiracy theories and reckless hyperbole which the defeated president kept shouting into the largest megaphone on planet earth”

McConnell today, when asked if he would support Trump if he wins the party's nomination in 2024:

"The nominee of the party? Absolutely.”

Absolutely.

Absolutely fealty to the failed one term, twice impeached sociopath who destroyed the Republican party and it’s hold on power, and nearly got his own VP lynched.

It’s like watching a drug addict feed his addiction at the expense of everything that once mattered, because indulgence and fear of immediate pain is now an overriding brainstem reflex.

I don’t know how the GOP survives in this mode of operation, I fear it only survives if the party supporters accept this as the new normal. More importantly, I don’t know how our democracy survives if 1/2 of the electorate willingly follows leaders like Donald Trump and Glenn McConnell further down this dark road, because hey, AOC!!!

The letter sent to Rep. Kinsinger by his disapproving family might be the saddest thing I’ve read in a very long time.

Mitch’s moral backbone is made of the same material as his chin
Quote Reply
Re: Today’s GOP leadership, distilled to its essence [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mitch's distilled essence is simply party loyalty and party power. If Trump survives the next 3 years and if he wins the party nomination for president, 2 big ifs in Mconnell's mind and something he is not in support of...

I don't believe that for a second.

He made a speech against Trump because he thought that people would give up on the loser but now that it's clear most of the GOP still love Trump, Mitch falls right back in line. I think Mitch loves Trump as much as the rest of the Party.
Quote Reply
Re: Today’s GOP leadership, distilled to its essence [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Mitch's distilled essence is simply party loyalty and party power. If Trump survives the next 3 years and if he wins the party nomination for president, 2 big ifs in Mconnell's mind and something he is not in support of...

I don't believe that for a second.

He made a speech against Trump because he thought that people would give up on the loser but now that it's clear most of the GOP still love Trump, Mitch falls right back in line. I think Mitch loves Trump as much as the rest of the Party.

On this sir we will disagree. McConnell lives and breathes power. He has seen the senate republican loons lose in general elections before and knows full well the primary loons of Trump's QOP could possibly lose in 2022 in Pa Toomey, NC Burr, MO Blunt and possibly WI Johnson and Oh Portman

He wants Trump gone as badly as he wanted to make Obama a one term president. Taint no love there. He made a point to include in his response to repeat the "if", if the party makes him the nominee, then he dutifully falls back in line.
Quote Reply

Prev Next