Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ted Cruz is headed to Cancun! [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
trois_pample wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
Certainly she’s trying for political brownie points but you can do a good thing while advancing an agenda at the same time.

She certainly gets a lot of flak on here, but... it seems like a big portion of her agenda is doing generous things to make sure that someone is looking out for vulnerable people.

The more l watch her actions, the more l realize she is smarter and vastly more effective than 99% of other state and federal politicians.

Last night watching some of Cruz flailing around changing his story I used a line that I use often, it is amazing how bad politicians are at politics.

AOC is very young and very inexperienced, but she definitely has a knack for the politics part. And I think she gets some things wrong but for the right reasons. If she sticks with this she is going to drive the Trumpkin set crazy for a long time.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Ted Cruz is headed to Cancun! [Tri2gohard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just an update:

Ted Cruz went on podcast called "Ruthless" and is upset about the leak of text messages that showed what a piece of slime he is. He said, "Here’s a suggestion just don't be assholes. Yeah, like just you know treat each other as human beings have some degree, some modicum of respect.”, with no sense of irony.

Just really funny that he would go on podcast called "Ruthless" and say that with no self reflection is amazing.

Also "Ruthless" was started four days after Ruth Bader Ginsburg died and is about the supreme court. So clearly a podcast based on respect.
Last edited by: chaparral: Feb 23, 21 8:20
Quote Reply
Re: Ted Cruz is headed to Cancun! [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Just an update:

Ted Cruz went on podcast called "Ruthless" and is upset about the leak of text messages that showed what a piece of slime he is. He said, "Here’s a suggestion just don't be assholes. Yeah, like just you know treat each other as human beings have some degree, some modicum of respect.”, with no sense of irony.

Just really funny that he would go on podcast called "Ruthless" and say that with no self reflection is amazing.

Also "Ruthless" was started four days after Ruth Bader Ginsburg died and is about the supreme court. So clearly a podcast based on respect.

I think the jokes and memes about Cruz being a serial killer, wearing human skin etc. are generally pretty funny. I’m beginning to become concerned that they are not jokes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I honestly want to know what Ted Cruz was thinking. He is a leader in the state and just decided he can’t help.

He also could have left for Washington if he thought he could better conserve resources/ensure phone lines were working/etc.

Even if you could work efficiently while in Cancun, it’s hard to work if the rest of your family is on vacation.

I am not exactly sure what Ted Cruz could have done on the backend but he def could have been trying to lobby for disaster relief funds, maybe try to coordinate supply chain logistics of plumbing supplies, etc.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Ted Cruz is headed to Cancun! [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Just an update:

I think a "HOLY SHIT DID TED CRUZ JUST SAY THAT?" thread would top all the previous ones.

Is there anyone not laughing about Cruz complaining because other people are assholes? Self awareness is not a strength for him.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Just an update:

I think a "HOLY SHIT DID TED CRUZ JUST SAY THAT?" thread would top all the previous ones.

You would also think "modicum of respect" also means that he should not blatantly lie to everyone about his trip. Apparently he believes that it is disrespectful to point out his lies, but disrespectful to point out said lies.
Quote Reply
Re: Ted Cruz is headed to Cancun! [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sosayusall wrote:
I honestly want to know what Ted Cruz was thinking. He is a leader in the state and just decided he can’t help.

He also could have left for Washington if he thought he could better conserve resources/ensure phone lines were working/etc.

Even if you could work efficiently while in Cancun, it’s hard to work if the rest of your family is on vacation.

I am not exactly sure what Ted Cruz could have done on the backend but he def could have been trying to lobby for disaster relief funds, maybe try to coordinate supply chain logistics of plumbing supplies, etc.

That's what I don't understand. If a state leader can't do anything useful during a state wide natural disaster, what good are they? Seriously what is their purpose.

I'm not expecting him to be handing out blankets door to door but he should at least be lobbying hard and raising money for his constituents.

Real leaders lead from the front.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Ted Cruz is headed to Cancun! [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sosayusall wrote:

Don't overthink it, chum.

He was thinking: I am going to get the fuck out of dodge and enjoy some sun.

That's it.

He's a selfish asshole.

It's that simple.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Feb 23, 21 11:13
Quote Reply
Re: Ted Cruz is headed to Cancun! [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fox News now has headlines about “Ted Cruz spent weekend helping Texans” AND “bad energy: top gems,AOC, descend on Texas to capitalize off of storm Devastation.

While I think both are true. Cruz was shamed into helping. And Dems saw a huge vacuum left by fleeing GOP members. It is hilarious to say that AOC is doing all of this for positive press while ignoring why Ted Cruz is even in the states.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Just an update:

Basically he is saying he is sorry he got caught... not sorry for doing the thing... It tracks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Just an update:

Ted Cruz at yesterday's Merrick Garland AG hearing:

"So it is very much my hope, if you're confirmed as attorney general, that you will bring that reputation for integrity to the Department of Justice and demonstrate a willingness to stand up to what will be inevitable political pressure to once again politicize the Department of Justice and use it as a tool to attack the political opponents of the current administration."

Any sane person might think Cruz was referring to what the DoJ had become under the Trump Administration, but no - not Cruz. Without a hint of irony he was referring to the politicization of the AG's office under the Obama Administration. You can't make this stuff up.
Quote Reply
Re: Ted Cruz is headed to Cancun! [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Something else that I think needs to be talked about is how regulations can also be good. And deregulations can be bad.
Quote Reply

Prev Next