Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Electric Vehicle Education [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Not to dispute your post, but isnt it crazy that in the late 70s / early 80s, the very expensive, top of the line Porsche Turbo Carrera was considered one of the hottest sport cars around? Its 0 to 60 acceleration?

6 seconds

a 1980 porsche 911 turbo was more like 5s.

but the current top of the line 911 turbo s is under 3s.
Quote Reply
Re: Electric Vehicle Education [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember seeing these exact specs for the Turbo in 1979:

5.9 seconds

(essentially 6 sec.)

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

it's irrelevant to your point, but probably worth some clarity.

DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
I remember seeing these exact specs for the Turbo in 1979:

5.9 seconds

(essentially 6 sec.)

the '79 Turbo was 5.5
Last edited by: jkhayc: Feb 26, 21 7:28
Quote Reply
Re: Electric Vehicle Education [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, maybe I need some new brain cells ...

I stand corrected.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my aunt and uncle had a 1980s porsche (not a turbo, so not worth big $$) that they let me drive once, and it was a VERY different experience than basically any modern sports car. much more "raw."

i imagine getting to 60mph in 6s or less in something from that era is significantly more butthole puckering than doing it in half the time in a modern car.
Quote Reply
Re: Electric Vehicle Education [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
torrey wrote:
Hyundai announced the Ioniq 5 which will directly compete with the iD4, Mach-E and Model Y. While it won’t get the ridiculous acceleration of the Y it claims a 5% to 80% charge time of 18 minutes. I suspect better build quality than Tesla as well.

An est. 45k for a 2WD Hyundai that takes more than 7 sec to get to 60? That’s a hard no on several levels. Those performance numbers are completely inadequate for just about any car that costs that much money and they are asking a premium price for a non-premium brand.
I would guess they price a little lower than what the competition (iD4, Mach-E and Y) has for comparable models taking into account the available tax credit. A base Mach-E is $43k ($35.5k after credits), so I would guess the base Ioniq will land just over $40k or in the low 30's after credits. Maybe more if they think their base model offers much more than the Mach-E. The Bolt EUV is $34k, but they don't have any remaining credits and I think that is more of a Kona equivalent? Hyundai will probably need to drop the price of the Kona to follow suit as the current pricing was based on a real lack of competition.
Quote Reply

Prev Next