Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Feb. 1 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 1 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
My goals this week are mental and physical health and to do things that make me faster.

I'm doing okay! I had 6/7 days of healthy coping skills and I did things that make me faster.

M: 8.1 mi run + 1300m swim
T: 13.1 mi run
W: 54.5 mi run
T: 7.4 mi run + 1900m swim
F: 11.5 mi run
S: 31 mi bike
S: 50.5 mi bike

I did two short strength sessions (just forgot what day I did them)

Goals for this week are the same as last. Some of the healthy coping skills / self care things I did this past week were
- journaling
- went to bed really early two nights
- slept an hour later than usual Sunday
- got myself a fancy ice cream :-)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Feb 1, 21 8:05
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 1 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Ladies! Happy snow day here in the Mid-Atlantic!

Good to see you are doing good things to take care of yourself, Dr TC :)

Last week I had a goal to get through my week. I did, and came out the other side just slightly singed from the experience. I hit all of my mileage and then some, when I realized that I was a mile and a half shy of 200 for the first time in, um, AGES. So I ran. After I taught my cycling class and rode 35 miles. Outside. In the snow. It was fun!

This week's goal is another week of putting my head down and doing the work. Lots going on with the team and the Superb Owl is Sunday!

Monday- 2mi run and lifting- check
Tuesday- 1hr advanced yoga, 20mi ride and bricked 8mi run w/600s intervals- check! I also have a team social hour tonight at the worst possible time on the worst possible day, with 24 hours of notice. Whee!
Wednesday- 11mi run and team stretchfest in the evening
Thursday- Dry land with the team and 8mi run at goal marathon pace, meep
F- REST
Sa- 17 mile run with prehab. No idea where I'll make this happen since the weather is being squirrelly.
Su- 35mi ride including teaching my cycling class for the team. Then hanging out virtually with our superb owl squad to watch the big game.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got 3 swims in last week for a total of about 6,000 yds. Still not motivated enough to get a run or bike in.

This week- swim 3x (one done-2000 yds), celebrate sister's b-day (yesterday- Zoom party I set up was a success, but dinner not so much, ordered at 4:30 to be ready at 6:15, waited at restaurant for over 30 minutes before food was delivered to my car). Wednesday-no work, was working on taxes when I realized my vehicle wasn't registered, so ran over to the Auto Club to get it taken care of, no line, was in and out very quickly, also going swimming this afternoon. Thursday- no job yet, but swim is scheduled. Friday- work & get vaccinated (I qualify as a healthcare worker). Might be motivated to get a run or bike or maybe both sometime this week, I finally got my headphones to connect to my watch for music.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 1 Edition [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Friday- work & get vaccinated (I qualify as a healthcare worker).

Nice! I hope you get a cool sticker or a lollipop with it!

Quote Reply