Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I'm annoyed with the vaccine rollout elsewhere [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shady wrote:
We’ll be above 75% here in the capital by August at the latest ( according to the polls)

I wouldn’t put much faith in polls. Some people who hold unpopular opinions tend to lie to pollsters lest they be judged. Even if it’s just an anonymous pollster.

Don’t get me wrong, I hope we hit 75% or higher but I think it will be a little lower than that.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: I'm annoyed with the vaccine rollout elsewhere [s5100e] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s5100e wrote:
https://twitter.com/...293555473850370?s=21in the US could that 40% correlate in any way with the electorate leaning ie Republican vs Democrat at the individual level? The issue in Canada was not a want but availability. That has changed and the rate is reflecting that. add to that the situation in the most densely populated provinces like Ontario and people are running not walking to get vaccines.

So it could be a number of things but yeah things seem to be going better in Canada right now.

I think you make a good point here. I'm in Indiana which was the first state to go red on election night. A LOT of people have zero intention of getting the shot. Some of my good friends are those people and don't understand why I got it. It makes no sense.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm annoyed with the vaccine rollout elsewhere [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you are smug enough to admit that vaccinations up there will be done and dusted before your Northern Hockey Division of the NHL is through with their season?
Quote Reply
Re: I'm annoyed with the vaccine rollout elsewhere [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
So you are smug enough to admit that vaccinations up there will be done and dusted before your Northern Hockey Division of the NHL is through with their season?

Well this season apparently won’t ever end. So yeah I feel confident in that.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: I'm annoyed with the vaccine rollout elsewhere [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
g_lev wrote:
s5100e wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Another fun graph is here. US vaccination rates dropped right after 40% of population was vaccinated.

We just hit 40% and we’re taking off.

https://twitter.com/...293555473850370?s=21
in the US could that 40% correlate in any way with the electorate leaning ie Republican vs Democrat at the individual level? The issue in Canada was not a want but availability. That has changed and the rate is reflecting that. add to that the situation in the most densely populated provinces like Ontario and people are running not walking to get vaccines.

So it could be a number of things but yeah things seem to be going better in Canada right now.

Out of curiosity, how do you know this? I wonder if the anti-vax and the vax-hesitant simply are hiding behind the veil of availability. I am interested to see how many people in Canada wind up vaccinated once there is no supply issue.

It took Alberta 119 days to get the first 1 million doses administered. The next million took 29 days. (Government has made the choice to get everyone their first dose before we start doing second doses). There are 4.5 million people in the province - and not all of them are able to get vaccinated (under age 12 etc). Here at least it was a supply issue, not a demand issue.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm annoyed with the vaccine rollout elsewhere [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In TX, the big cities did not have enough doses.

I went to a rural hospital and had no wait.

There are too many people buying into the politics of the vaccine.

I remember as a kid we lined up in school to get a vaccine. Don't want the vaccine? You couldn't attend school. I don't remember anybody whining about it.

Social media is making society dumber.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm annoyed with the vaccine rollout elsewhere [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
g_lev wrote:
s5100e wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Another fun graph is here. US vaccination rates dropped right after 40% of population was vaccinated.

We just hit 40% and we’re taking off.

https://twitter.com/...293555473850370?s=21
in the US could that 40% correlate in any way with the electorate leaning ie Republican vs Democrat at the individual level? The issue in Canada was not a want but availability. That has changed and the rate is reflecting that. add to that the situation in the most densely populated provinces like Ontario and people are running not walking to get vaccines.

Out of curiosity, how do you know this? I wonder if the anti-vax and the vax-hesitant simply are hiding behind the veil of availability. I am interested to see how many people in Canada wind up vaccinated once there is no supply issue.

It took Alberta 119 days to get the first 1 million doses administered. The next million took 29 days. (Government has made the choice to get everyone their first dose before we start doing second doses). There are 4.5 million people in the province - and not all of them are able to get vaccinated (under age 12 etc). Here at least it was a supply issue, not a demand issue.

I updated my previous post with more data to provide some idea to support that in Canada it is a case of availability. The utilization rate (the rate of doses used vs available) in Canada is over 80% and is steady. here it is again: https://covid19tracker.ca/vaccinegap.html

if it was not availability then the gap would widen as more people get vaccinated or at the least the # of vaccination would decline We are over 40% with first dose. The US situation is that the dose rate daily # of doses delivered has steadily declined since April 15. That is a widening gap against the number of doses the US has currently available to give and the number of people accepting the vaccine. Very different scenarios it seems.
Also of note from the NY Times: obviously related to US voting patterns and vaccine uptake:
The New York Times recently analyzed vaccine records and voter records in every county in the United States and found that both willingness to receive a coronavirus vaccine and actual vaccination rates were lower, on average, in counties where a majority of residents voted to re-elect former President Donald J. Trump in 2020.
Last edited by: s5100e: May 13, 21 8:36
Quote Reply

Prev Next