Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Your 2021 relationship with alcohol [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Posting my Withings plot from my scale:

This is going from a decent amount of red wine each night, and some solid beers on Friday/Saturday nights down to just some red only on Friday/Saturday.

So, a dry workweek.

I was still drinking a good bit more around November and ramped my CTL up a bit but lost no weight. This time around, without the 400cal of alcohol a night for 5 nights a week........weight is down.

Quote Reply
Re: Your 2021 relationship with alcohol [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sending virtual hugs and strength. You are awesome and deserve awesomeness. Take care of yourself.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: Your 2021 relationship with alcohol [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
stillrollin wrote:

I'm at day 60, and have lost 27 pounds. I'm jazzed and don't want this feeling to stop either!

stillrollin wrote:
Well, my streak ends at 61 days.

I went skiing with my oldest, best friend today and we kicked back a tasty DIPA in the parking lot afterwards. It was a perfect ending to great day.

I had a great run and I’m in real good place.

Keep it up all!

Well, that escalated quickly! I'm glad you had fun, and am looking forward to hearing how you feel today and in the next few days!

Ha! Yes it did. Since I've been coming here saying how well it was going I was compelled to disclose its end. Internet accountability ;)

It was only one beer. In the past I would have filled the cooler. Truth be told, I wanted another when I got home but the feeling past. Slept well. Skiing does that!

New dry streak started and I don't have any social events planned that should derail it. I think I've shed solo drinking for good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Annnnd I’m tapping out! And then getting right back on the wagon tomorrow.

It happened in the best of all possible ways. Today I swam 40 minutes, rode my bike 40 miles, and ran 40km (and then a couple more to make it a marathon). I owe my performance today in VERY large part to all of the benefits that have been accumulating over the past 65 days- the improved sleep, the weight loss, the string of quality workouts, all of it. I have a brand new (sadly unofficial) marathon PR, by over HALF AN HOUR. Three years ago I didn’t know if I’d ever be able to run one ever again with my medical issues going on, and then today happened. So there’s definitely champagne happening.

I don’t feel guilty at all, and I had planned on this day for a while. It’s my birthday party tonight and it will be nice to unclench for a few hours, and I plan to track how I feel through the next few days, albeit with serious recovery.

For everyone still rolling, you are all amazing! Keep it up! I’m looking forward to reclaiming my seat tomorrow.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
Annnnd I’m tapping out! And then getting right back on the wagon tomorrow.

It happened in the best of all possible ways. Today I swam 40 minutes, rode my bike 40 miles, and ran 40km (and then a couple more to make it a marathon). I owe my performance today in VERY large part to all of the benefits that have been accumulating over the past 65 days- the improved sleep, the weight loss, the string of quality workouts, all of it. I have a brand new (sadly unofficial) marathon PR, by over HALF AN HOUR. Three years ago I didn’t know if I’d ever be able to run one ever again with my medical issues going on, and then today happened. So there’s definitely champagne happening.

I don’t feel guilty at all, and I had planned on this day for a while. It’s my birthday party tonight and it will be nice to unclench for a few hours, and I plan to track how I feel through the next few days, albeit with serious recovery.

For everyone still rolling, you are all amazing! Keep it up! I’m looking forward to reclaiming my seat tomorrow.

Congrats on the great effort!! Im still going despite a few temptations along the way. We’ll see when it stops.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice, well deserved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You. Are. Awesome!
Nuff said.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations! So worth it, happy birthday!

member CupCake Cartel
Quote Reply
Re: Your 2021 relationship with alcohol [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much everyone!

First off the bat, how the hell did I ever used to have a finish line beer, haha OMG I feel like garbage this morning. Hard sustained effort plus alcohol equals trash night of sleep, no respite for sore muscles (maybe I would have slept through some of the tosses and turns?), and a belly full of fire this morning. I need to do an easy spin out of the legs later and I’m whimpering just thinking about it.

I cannot wait to have some delicious quality sleep tonight, I’m already counting the hours until my head hits the pillow again.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
... and a belly full of fire this morning

Yes, without going into too much detail, digestion has been greatly improved

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh goodness yes. There's physiological evidence that when you introduce alcohol into the body, the body tries to get rid of that toxin and prioritizes that before anything else. Including normal digestion and metabolism functions. It's not fun, lol.

I'm still firmly seated on the wagon. My RHR is back to normal after my event 11 days ago, no doubt due to staying dry to accelerate recovery.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Future ex was really sweet tonight, in her way

After I had rough day with my mom and her Alzheimer's doc [the doc herself was excellent, it was just trying to manage Mom during the visit that was a struggle for both of us], F/X offered to pick me up some Killian's - being St. Patrick's Day & all

I think she meant O'Doul's, but I didn't correct her [that 'constant correcting you do' being one reason she's leaving]

I told her I appreciated the thought but I had some REAL beer, and not only does Stone IPA have a green & black label, there's a gargoyle on it, so it's sufficiently spooky for an Irish holiday

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I may have missed this but Sam Adams is now in the NA beer game

I don't know how I feel about this

On one hand, it's like major label musicians trying to make something that sounds like "what's popular now"

On the other, it's like Burger King's meatless burger, which maybe served as an entry-point for the vegan-curious; step one of a new lifestyle path

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
There's physiological evidence that when you introduce alcohol into the body, the body tries to get rid of that toxin and prioritizes that before anything else. Including normal digestion and metabolism functions.

This is mainly when BAC goes above .08%.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Your 2021 relationship with alcohol [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
twain wrote:
I wonder which would be more difficult - 100 runs in 100 days or 100 days without drinking?

For me, Inktober is harder than either, because you never know how long you're gonna be "out there" on any given day

https://inktober.com/rules

But, it's only one month --- unless you subscribe to #Inktober52, which is a new prompt every week

I'm posting this today because I completed my 50th artwork THIS YEAR today, and I felt like bragging about it - this seemed like the right place

https://www.instagram.com/randmart37/

Quote Reply
Re: No Alcohol January 2021 [Brewbadger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brewbadger wrote:
In, but also adding Diet Coke.

No alcohol? No problem. No Diet Coke? That's just plain cruel.
Quote Reply
Re: No Alcohol January 2021 [xpda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Biggest struggle for me is candy. Haven't had much alcohol in 2021, by my standards anyway, and drink things like coke extremely rarely. Candy though, FAIL.
Quote Reply

Prev Next