Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Dec. 14 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 14 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey! TC-how are you feeling? Are you recovering all right? Getting energy back?

And Scheherezade? How are you doing? How them shins?

And Ironclm? How are your poor eyes?

I'm ok. Classes are wrapped up and everything's gearing up for the holidays and my winter session work.

Last week, I took 2 days off from training at the beginning. Grading is so grueling and I haven't quite got the hang of continuing to train while working in a real focused way.

This week:
Mon: recovery run with cadence work and some strength (CHECK-DIDDLY-ECK!)
Tu: Rest!
We: Tempo run and some strength
Th: ride
Fri: schwim and strength
Sat: Long run
Sun: Long ride

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 14 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My eyes are good! Thanks for asking. I guess eyeball cuts heal up pretty fast but I did the antibiotic eyedrops for a full week.

But last week - oy! What a mess. I pretty much made myself sick with stress. I had a huge work project due on Tuesday and it wasn't complete (my fault for dicking around and not getting started on it in time - procrastination is my nemesis). Plus, I spent all week going back and forth on what to do for Christmas - go to Kansas/Kansas City to see my brother and nephew and his family or stay here. One minute I thought it would be OK, then I read about (??? which guy in the LAV Room has the wife doing contact tracing???) the shitshow from contact tracing stories, plus, where my brother lives in Kansas has huge numbers of COVID cases, back and forth, back and forth. I talked to my brother on Sunday and we decided that I will not go. Our Harlie (8 years old) is having surgery in early February and she will have to quarantine for 4-6 weeks prior, so there is no way that I would want to compromise her. Needless to say, I did NO exercise Mon-Sat. I did get to yoga on Sunday and I feel much better mentally now.

Now it's time to get on the bike every single day as I have a 50 mile gravel race on January 9th!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 14 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel fully recovered from covid, thanks. My goals had been mental and physical health (score on both: B) and train smart (score: C).

50 mi run week, one 3 mi bike errand and one 65 min easy trainer session, five swims

goals this week: mental + physical health + bike more!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply