Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Are you ready for some hockey? [davearm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davearm wrote:
I seem to remember everyone around hockey thinking the Preds won that Weber/Subban deal hands down. I know I thought that.

Of course now Weber is still logging big minutes in the Finals for the Habs, and Subban is long gone from the Preds.

As a Preds STH, I hated that deal.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Are you ready for some hockey? [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was a great game, MTL wasn’t going out quietly. Big hits throughout the game on key guys like Brayden Point set the tone.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Are you ready for some hockey? [davearm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davearm wrote:
I seem to remember everyone around hockey thinking the Preds won that Weber/Subban deal hands down. I know I thought that.

Of course now Weber is still logging big minutes in the Finals for the Habs, and Subban is long gone from the Preds.

Yup, I’ll admit that I was wrong on that one. Weber has been a leader and a force on this team, where Subban is just another guy now in NJ and likely will be exposed in the upcoming expansion draft (I can’t imagine that Seattle will take that contract). He gets beat easily one-on-one and doesn’t have that quick burst that he had earlier in his career to get to loose pucks.

There was a funny moment earlier this year against the Bruins when Trent Frederic was mic’d up during the game and got a good chirp in on him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNsMIoh0e7U

Quote Reply
Re: Are you ready for some hockey? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tampa Bay Lightning 2021 Stanley Cup champions.

Looking forward to a new thread in a few months for the next season.

Quote Reply
Re: Are you ready for some hockey? [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://twitter.com/...967750943842306?s=21

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:

Boo.

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:

I should move to tampa - Stanley Cup, NFL champions, contending baseball team (although the fact they are in the AL East perpetually screws them).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:

I am sure BLeP will not disappoint. in his twitter link above I am sure he has now been inspired to get his "Leafs Stanley Cup Champions 202_ " tattoo.

The next story though is not his Leafs but rather the expansion draft for the Kraken. The Vegas success story (partial) so far sets them up as a measure to compare and contrast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/...-allowed-to-complain
For your amusement

ETA correct link now
Last edited by: windywave: Jul 9, 21 18:26
Quote Reply
Re: Are you ready for some hockey? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I follow Fulemin on Twitter he’s pretty amusing.

Quote Reply
Re: Are you ready for some hockey? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't someone here in Colorado? What's the word on the street re Gabriel Landeskog returning?

We are super sad here with Pekka Rinne's retirement announcement yesterday. One of the nicest human beings you'll ever meet and played his entire career here. But what he's done in the community is even better and he and his fiancee are keeping the house here and will still be involved.

"What Nashville, the organization, the city means to me, this organization gave me a chance and I was able to grow into a man in this city, start a family, a lot of bigger things than hockey,” Rinne said. “I'm forever thankful for that and grateful…Every single day I feel appreciated, I feel loved. It is a special place and a special relationship with the organization and the people of Nashville.

"Nashville has become my home, and I have tried to make this community a better place than when I first arrived. Over time, I've learned what this organization is all about, and that's family. I'll cherish the memories and friendships I've made for the rest of my life."

“I hope people see me as a hardworking guy, a team guy — that’s probably my wish,” said Rinne when asked the inevitable “legacy” question. “Off the ice, you know, just an everyday man. A man of the people.”

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Re: Are you ready for some hockey? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Colorado is tight lipped about all contract negotiations you won’t hear something until it’s basically finalized.

I’m hard pressed to see him leave unless he’s just in it to get money. I mean where are you going to leave to where they have a better chance of winning the cup in the next 3-5 years and can afford to pay you.

It’s more likely Saad is gone. They also need to sign Grubauer and Makar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David Krejci will play in Czech Republic next season. Is he your 2nd or 3rd line C?

Quote Reply
Re: Are you ready for some hockey? [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grantbot21 wrote:
Colorado is tight lipped about all contract negotiations you won’t hear something until it’s basically finalized.

I’m hard pressed to see him leave unless he’s just in it to get money. I mean where are you going to leave to where they have a better chance of winning the cup in the next 3-5 years and can afford to pay you.

Well, Landy and Makar are good to go. Sadly Grub is gone. I hope we find a good goalie or our chances at the cup are nil. Without a top goalie you are going nowhere. (Look no further than this years finals, or for Colorado back to Roy) I really thought we had found our next goaltender to take us to the promised land.
Quote Reply
Re: Are you ready for some hockey? [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
Grantbot21 wrote:

Well, Landy and Makar are good to go. Sadly Grub is gone. I hope we find a good goalie or our chances at the cup are nil. Without a top goalie you are going nowhere. (Look no further than this years finals, or for Colorado back to Roy) I really thought we had found our next goaltender to take us to the promised land.

And Saad went to St. Louis.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
velocomp wrote:
Grantbot21 wrote:

Yeah, I liked Saad, but he was just a hired gun. A piece that can be replaced.
Quote Reply
Re: Are you ready for some hockey? [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
BLeP wrote:
velocomp wrote:
Grantbot21 wrote:

Yeah, I liked Saad, but he was just a hired gun. A piece that can be replaced.

So you aren't saad?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
David Krejci will play in Czech Republic next season. Is he your 2nd or 3rd line C?

2nd line. Paired well with Taylor Hall after he was acquired at the trade deadline and there was a sense that he would sign a 1-2 year deal to stay after Hall just signed a long-term deal. Had a great run here and is a great playmaker, but could also be frustrating to watch at times where he needed certain guys on his wings (Lucic, Horton, Pastrnak, Hall) to really be effective where usually a good center can make their linemates better.

What is the reaction of the fans up there with Anderson gone to Carolina?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
BLeP wrote:

2nd line. Paired well with Taylor Hall after he was acquired at the trade deadline and there was a sense that he would sign a 1-2 year deal to stay after Hall just signed a long-term deal. Had a great run here and is a great playmaker, but could also be frustrating to watch at times where he needed certain guys on his wings (Lucic, Horton, Pastrnak, Hall) to really be effective where usually a good center can make their linemates better.

What is the reaction of the fans up there with Anderson gone to Carolina?

Nobody is too upset about it. He hasn’t been very good for about two years now.

And we replaced him with Mrazek for less money.

Quote Reply

Prev Next