Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PA Court of Appeals throws out Trump’s challenge
Quote | Reply

Add it to the list of losing legal challenges.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/...lvania-race/2613241/

Does this make him the best ever loser, or a really bad loser?
Last edited by: Kay Serrar: Nov 27, 20 12:32
Quote Reply
Re: PA Court of Appeals throws out Trump’s challenge [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried the link but an error message said, “...too many redirects...”

Here’s part of a summary:

In a 21-page unanimous and scathing unpublished opinion, the Third Circuit has rejected the appeal of the Trump campaign in the Pennsylvania federal case challenging the election results. Judge Bibas, a Trump appointee, begins the opinion: “Free, fair elections are the lifeblood of our democracy. Charges of unfairness are serious. But calling an election unfair does not make it so. Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here.”

The summary quoted excerpts from the opinion:

Opinion: The Campaign tries to repackage these state-law claims as unconstitutional discrimination. Yet its allegations are vague and conclusory. It never alleges that anyone treated the Trump campaign or Trump votes worse than it treated the Biden campaign or Biden votes. And federal law does not require poll watchers or specify how they may observe. It also says nothing about curing technical state-law errors in ballots. Each of these defects is fatal, and the proposed Second Amended Complaint does not fix them. So the District Court properly denied leave to amend again.”

https://electionlawblog.org/?p=119102
Quote Reply
Re: PA Court of Appeals throws out Trump’s challenge [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So how much did the challenge cost Trump (*cough* his donors* cough*)?
Last edited by: Sanuk: Nov 27, 20 13:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love reading the comments on Youtube, so many think the court did this on purpose to expedite going to the scotus, I don't think the sc is even going to hear this...lol
Quote Reply
Re: PA Court of Appeals throws out Trump’s challenge [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

It cost his lawyers their professional integrity. So, not much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

You mean how much campaign money did they raise from dupes who don't read the small print.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trump’s lawyer Jenna Ellis continues her personal mission to squeeze as many lies into a 240 character tweet as possible.

“The activist judicial machinery in Pennsylvania continues to cover up the allegations of massive fraud,” Ellis tweeted.

The appellate judicial panel is entirely Republican and not activist. Additionally, Giuliani explicitly stated (confirmed by the pleadings) that no fraud was alleged.

Ellis’ tweet continues: “We are very thankful to have had the opportunity to present proof and the facts to the PA state legislature.

On to SCOTUS!”

They didn’t provide meaningful proof or facts to the PA state legislature. That was a charade.

I hope they do appeal to the SCOTUS. The sooner, the better. There’s no way in hell the SCOTUS will do anything for them.
Quote Reply
Re: PA Court of Appeals throws out Trump’s challenge [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tbh I think the best healing for this country would come from their case going before SCOTUS and getting thrown out. Given the 6-3 (or 5-4) partisan divide on the court, if Trump’s case gets thrown out, hopefully that will be enough for many reasonable supporters to move on and accept the election results.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree. That said, I hope SCOTUS declines to their the case. Makes me wonder if the play all along was to roll the dice with the SCOTUS knowing that the lower courts would reject the nonsense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

I don't know, but the $3M Wisconsin recount just netted PE Biden 132 votes, so there's that...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: PA Court of Appeals throws out Trump’s challenge [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
I agree. That said, I hope SCOTUS declines to their the case. Makes me wonder if the play all along was to roll the dice with the SCOTUS knowing that the lower courts would reject the nonsense.

If that was the strategy, they should have just taken a loss on the first complaint and appealed from there. Through the subsequent second and (attempted) third amendments, Trump’s team ran out the clock while trailing on the scoreboard. Now, it’s too late for the SCt to do anything helpful (at least within the bounds of the law as it now exists).
Quote Reply
Re: PA Court of Appeals throws out Trump’s challenge [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:

SCOTUS can only hear what this appeal is about, that the Rudy wants the judge to allow him to amend a claim. If they "win" at SCOTUS, all they can now do is submit the amended claim to the lower court judge. SCOTUS probably won't hear it, because it is dumb, but if the plan is to get this appeal to SCOTUS, I really don't see what they hope to achieve even if that happens.
Quote Reply