Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The risk of " doing what you want" [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
Slowman wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
I'm here because there are a handful of members I enjoy interacting with and because, frankly, I've taken issue with your moderation for quite some time. Rather than scurry under a rock (as dictators would have their subjects do) I call you out when I feel it appropriate (as is appropriate in a society that values freedom of speech).

you're a man of finance. brilliant, i think. why don't you and the *handful of members* figure out some suitable arrangement that is fair to all sides, and then you will own it; you will have the responsibility of managing and moderating it; and you can run it in the fair and appropriate way?

otherwise, i think it's pretty customary for folks who have the duty i have to react unfavorably to those who characterize the moderation as you just did. accordingly, i invoke the colonel jessup speech. or write a check, you'll have a fun little side business, and you won't have to chafe against somebody else standing the post on your wall.

I’ll pay 8x the trailing 3-year average NOI with a trajectory kicker for CPM rate and engagement for Slowtwitch provided you sign an NDA, non-compete, and indemnification. Not a fan of the LEMP stack personally but I can deal with it.

easy. done. as long as you allow for reasonable add-backs, e.g., you won't have to pay for my medical insurance if i'm gone, so that's a reasonable add-back. and the NDAs are mutual. show me the money.

PM me an address, I'll have my attorney contact you.
Quote Reply
Re: The risk of " doing what you want" [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you just buy slowtwitch?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: The risk of " doing what you want" [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

should you arrive here one day and he has the ban power, and i no longer do, you'll have your answer.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The risk of " doing what you want" [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Duffy wrote:

should you arrive here one day and he has the ban power, and i no longer do, you'll have your answer.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rumor has it that it would just be an asset purchase for the LR and not the remainder of Slowtwitch, but they’ve not agreed on the price than Dan will pay to GP to take it and run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Bump. Someone doesn't seem to have posted in a while...

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: The risk of " doing what you want" [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bretom wrote:
Duffy wrote:

His lawyer counseled him to sign off whilst negotiating terms? Thought I was the only one who noticed his absence.
Quote Reply
Re: The risk of " doing what you want" [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
Bretom wrote:
Duffy wrote:

His lawyer counseled him to sign off whilst negotiating terms? Thought I was the only one who noticed his absence.

Still logging on...just not posting.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: The risk of " doing what you want" [cayenne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cayenne wrote:
I am sorry for your friend. I really am. I am sorry your friend did not see another way out. I dont think the demands of me " and the like" forced your friend to kill himself. Wearing a mask and avoiding crowds could have kept your friends business open. Getting a handle on this early on and having a consistent message....not you against me....is what lead to this. This is not political.

Would you be sorry for me if my brother dies? And would you blame it on the risks of his job and not the situation? I didnt think so.

I don’t think Duffy said his friend didn’t support mask wearing or avoiding crowds.

There is always a middle ground.

When a business is using 50% capacity, or utilizing outdoor dining, etc and also supporting masks when not seated at the table... that’s following guidelines. I can understand a business being closed due to lack of any cooperation. Although, when following rules and those rules are constantly changing.... it’s frustrating. I have seen several businesses close for good - due to the government.

I don’t say it was due to a COVID, because Covid didn’t close businesses. Let me explain.... if customers chose to not use a businesses services or buy their goods due to COVID, than the business went out of business due to COVID. However, we are not seeing that. We see many people that would still patron a business, but are not allowed to due to the government control. Not cool.

I understand guidelines, but if the government is going to close businesses, that business owner should be financially compensated as it wasn’t his fault the business failed.

There is one restaurant in Milwaukee that did a great job of compliance. They boxed out all of the bar stools in pairs. There is plastic dividers between as well as in front of the stools at the bar. Tables have dividers between them throughout the restaurant as each table has their own “area”. It’s done very quaint and looks great. If this business was forced to close after their efforts, I don’t see the logic. It’s basically dining with a condom right now. If that’s safe sex, this is safe dining. This restaurant should be the poster child for the restaurant industry. They should praise them and use them as a reference for others to aspire to.
Quote Reply
Re: The risk of " doing what you want" [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bretom wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Woke up and couldn’t sleep. Followed the thread and geez. A lot happened. Duffy gets attacked by a few and then Dan sells Slowtwitch.

Let’s see if the sale follows through, or if it ends up a dead offer.

Back to trying to sleep.
Quote Reply

Prev Next