Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

China Uses Microwave Weapon On Indian Soldiers
Quote | Reply
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/...owave-oven-6tlwtrtzz

Quote:
China’s military used microwave weapons to force Indian troops to retreat during a months-long border standoff in the Himalayas, according to an account that has emerged in Beijing. While essentially non-lethal, the microwaves were aimed at the Indian Army to make them violently ill and force their retreat. Within fifteen minutes of the deployment of microwaves the Indian troops began to flee, which reportedly allowed the Chinese forces to regain the ground. This could cause intense pain to those up to or even more than a half a mile away.

Anyone who thinks China is content to stay peacefully within their borders is dead wrong. They will have to be confronted with force eventually.
Quote Reply
Re: China Uses Microwave Weapon On Indian Soldiers [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course India has denounced it as "FAKE news..."

https://indianexpress.com/...india-china-7056441/
Quote Reply
Re: China Uses Microwave Weapon On Indian Soldiers [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, when they aim their microwaves towards a group of enemy combatants, do the ones in the middle get the worst of it while the ones on the outside are relatively unaffected? What if the group spins in a circle? I bet they could develop a counter-attack by wrapping themselves in aluminum foil.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: China Uses Microwave Weapon On Indian Soldiers [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
So, when they aim their microwaves towards a group of enemy combatants, do the ones in the middle get the worst of it while the ones on the outside are relatively unaffected? What if the group spins in a circle? I bet they could develop a counter-attack by wrapping themselves in aluminum foil.

Ha! Everyone knows you can't put foil in the microwave... ;)
Quote Reply
Re: China Uses Microwave Weapon On Indian Soldiers [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snoots wrote:
Tri-Banter wrote:

Sure you can.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: China Uses Microwave Weapon On Indian Soldiers [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
snoots wrote:
Tri-Banter wrote:

Sure you can.

Well, yeah, but you shouldn't...
Quote Reply
Re: China Uses Microwave Weapon On Indian Soldiers [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I was in grade school we put a Mylar potato chip bag in the microwave. It was one of the most spectacular light shows I’ve ever seen, lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Biden will fix it.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
When I was in grade school we put a Mylar potato chip bag in the microwave. It was one of the most spectacular light shows I’ve ever seen, lol.

I put a foil wrapped burger in once. It was paper/foil. Lit on fire.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess we should be happy they haven't used small arms just yet?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: China Uses Microwave Weapon On Indian Soldiers [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Biden will fix it.

China will fix Biden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/china-turns-ladakh-battleground-with-india-into-a-microwave-oven-6tlwtrtzz

Quote:
China’s military used microwave weapons to force Indian troops to retreat during a months-long border standoff in the Himalayas, according to an account that has emerged in Beijing. While essentially non-lethal, the microwaves were aimed at the Indian Army to make them violently ill and force their retreat. Within fifteen minutes of the deployment of microwaves the Indian troops began to flee, which reportedly allowed the Chinese forces to regain the ground. This could cause intense pain to those up to or even more than a half a mile away.

Anyone who thinks China is content to stay peacefully within their borders is dead wrong. They will have to be confronted with force eventually.

From China's PoV they are staying within their borders. I think we'll see increasing assertiveness over China's marginal territorial claims. I think that is a different thing t being an expansionist power. From what I can see they are cribbing from the US imperialism playbook. These places that China is moving on are like the northern parts of Mexico or the Hawaiian Islands were for the US. However China's real imperialistic ambitions will be realised through economics, soft power and maybe proxy wars.
Last edited by: Hispid: Nov 26, 20 20:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/china-turns-ladakh-battleground-with-india-into-a-microwave-oven-6tlwtrtzz

Quote:

Realistically who's going to confront China with force? Japan? Vietnam? India? Russia? Taiwan? There's a better chance of Jared and Xi sitting down to work things out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's... not good.

One of my customers is a vet from the Vietnam era. Tells me constantly that even back then, theyir plan for a war with the US is to surrender a million men a day, just to take our forward combatents out of the game and force them to take care of POW's.

Dunno how true it actually is, nor how or if that would even work in today's automated warfare, but holy shit smart back then, if nothing else!
Quote Reply