Trek Emonda Thru Axle
Quote | Reply
Looking to buy an axle that will let me ride my bike on the trainer
Robert Axle Project Trainer Thru Axle - Trek Bicycle Superstore
Not sure which one works on a Trek Emonda 54
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Emonda Thru Axle [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you pull out your current thru axle it might have the diameter, length and thread pitch written on it. Also if you go to the Robert Axle Project page they have an axle finder If you buy from the website you can use the coupon code AXLEFRIEND and get 10% off (maybe check to see if they have any BF deals too).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also check out the kurt kinetic thru axle. I got one from them (amazon as I wanted 2 day shipping). Haven't tried to fit it yet-still using the bike outside. I'm riding a specialized bike though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WARNING:

2021 carbon Emonda IS NOT compatible with the Wahoo KICKR trainer. The adaptor isn't deep enough and could cut/damage the carbon dropout.

Solution coming soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Emonda Thru Axle [msaad7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh boy. i just ordered 2021 Emonda. I suppose the fact it will take 90 days to arrive buys me time...but what does "solution arriving soon" suggest? like, in 90 days?

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Emonda Thru Axle [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure about timeframe yet. That’s just what I was told this week by the local Trek shop
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Emonda Thru Axle [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told there will be a solution by the new year.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Emonda Thru Axle [msaad7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
msaad7 wrote:
WARNING:

2021 carbon Emonda IS NOT compatible with the Wahoo KICKR trainer. The adaptor isn't deep enough and could cut/damage the carbon dropout.

Solution coming soon.

^^^^^ This! If you know a mechanic shop, you can machine the inserts a bit, but be careful. I seriously doubt Wahoo will have a solution soon.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply