Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any issue with a guy using Mimic saddle?
Quote | Reply
I need a 168 Romin saddle. I use 155 Romin now just need wider for my big butt. LBS only has the Mimic, which is geared toward female cash and prizes. LBS says if it works for a woman it most certainly will work for a man. I have no idea. I know we have a lot of experience on this forum so I thought I’d ask.

Thanks.

Quote | Reply
I've been using one on my new road bike for about 600 miles, so far so good. Some Specialized shops in my area have sold quite a few to men - just happened to have an extra one around from my daughters' setup so I figured I'd give it a shot. I believe the shape is the same as the power saddle but with the soft area instead of cut out. Padding might be slightly different.

I didn't like the Romin, relatively happy with the Power saddle on the road but not quite as good for me as the Sella Italia SLR Superflow.
Quote Reply
Re: Any issue with a guy using Mimic saddle? [gbtrinride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What did you like about Power over Romin. I heard power is more flat.

Quote | Reply
The romin was probably 8 years ago, so don't recall the specifics - think it just didn't work for me. Have plenty of teammates that liked it. I had been on the non gel version of the Toupe before that. After the romin moved to the Superflow.
Quote Reply
Re: Any issue with a guy using Mimic saddle? [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am male, and I have a Mimic Power.

I was in a similar boat looking for the regular Power, but my LBS only had a Mimic in stock for my size. About 1000mi in and so far so good. One of the sales folks at my LBS, also male, said he was using a Mimic and said it's been working for him too.

Obviously, saddles are very individual and personal. What helped me go for it is my LBS offered a full money back if it didn't work for me. It'd be worth asking if yours offers something similar.
Quote Reply