Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Vaccination incentivization idea [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MOP_Mike wrote:
I predict we'll see something akin to a "vaccine passport".

Want to travel outside the US? You'll need a stamp...

For better or worse, the idea could be carried much further if the powers that be deem it so:

Interstate Travel
Access to crowd(ed) events -- sporting events, concerts, etc.
Restaurant pass
School attendance
Health care access
Government jobs

I know of a company already working on an app for this very purpose.
Quote Reply
Re: Vaccination incentivization idea [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be very leery of this. I think the public is getting increasingly skeptical of anything heavy handed from the gov't. Why don't we see what the uptake is in the first six months of vaccination during which time we likely won't be even able to meet demand.

https://www.convivium.ca/...tagion-of-disbelief/

I thought this was a good article to understand why the resistance.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Vaccination incentivization idea [HomerJSimpson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HomerJSimpson wrote:
Still wouldn't do it with no long term safety data available. Also if they try, I am sure there will be strings attached that waive liability for future problems. I anticipate the vaccine injury compensation program to be in big trouble down the line as a result of this rush.

he current covid 'vaccines' are being developed to use mRNA (pfizer version). long term side effect is possibly cancer?

https://www.mskcc.org/news/scientists-find-cancer-drivers-hiding-rna-not-dna
Quote Reply
Re: Vaccination incentivization idea [spockwaslen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spockwaslen wrote:
I'd be very leery of this. I think the public is getting increasingly skeptical of anything heavy handed from the gov't. Why don't we see what the uptake is in the first six months of vaccination during which time we likely won't be even able to meet demand.

https://www.convivium.ca/...tagion-of-disbelief/

I thought this was a good article to understand why the resistance.

How is this heavy handed? If you decide to get the vaccine you can get paid.

If you decide to get the vaccine you can also not get paid. It’s your choice to submit the claim or not.

You can also just not get the vaccine. And not get paid.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spending a large amount of money on a vaccine that was developed very quickly. If something goes wrong the big hand of gov't is going to be blamed and alot of trust will be lost. I think the downside although not of high probability is not worth it. At this point it is a vaccine we have not used before for the mass of population. Better to be cautious. Apparently this vaccine often has side effects like a transient somewhat high fever and sore arms. The way a certain subset of the population will interpret that could be problematic. Then there is the, "If the vaccine is so great why do they have to pay it argument that I can see coming already"

Quote Reply
Re: Vaccination incentivization idea [Adrenock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adrenock wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Not my idea, just sharing it to see what people think.

Pay people $1500 to get vaccinated. You send vaccination proof to the gubment and they send you a cheque.

That simple.

It's not a terrible idea. For the good of the nation, people need to be able to hold over until the economy recovers, and the economy can't recover if people aren't vaccinated.

The only people who think it's not a good idea are the people who either insist the nation can't tell them what to do, or people who immediately assume bad hombres are going to cheat the system, therefore it shouldn't be done for the other 99.9% of the population.

Money is on the line here. These will be the first people to line up.
Quote Reply
Re: Vaccination incentivization idea [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are already vaccine certificates for travel. I had to get one for yellow fever to enter Costa Rica from Peru. So it's definitely not something new.
Quote Reply
Re: Vaccination incentivization idea [spockwaslen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spockwaslen wrote:
Spending a large amount of money on a vaccine that was developed very quickly. If something goes wrong the big hand of gov't is going to be blamed and alot of trust will be lost. I think the downside although not of high probability is not worth it. At this point it is a vaccine we have not used before for the mass of population. Better to be cautious. Apparently this vaccine often has side effects like a transient somewhat high fever and sore arms. The way a certain subset of the population will interpret that could be problematic. Then there is the, "If the vaccine is so great why do they have to pay it argument that I can see coming already"

That’s fine but you said it would be heavy handed. Heavy handed is forcing people to get it.

Incentivizing it is not heavy handed.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I can get 10, I promise I'll drop the $15k on a new TT bike to help the economy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please just tell me this won't be like student loans. A bunch of us get vaccinated for the good of society and then the government bribes the rest of the losers and those that do the right thing get nothing...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are right heavy handed was the wrong word.

Quote Reply
Re: Vaccination incentivization idea [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
HomerJSimpson wrote:
Still wouldn't do it with no long term safety data available. Also if they try, I am sure there will be strings attached that waive liability for future problems. I anticipate the vaccine injury compensation program to be in big trouble down the line as a result of this rush.

he current covid 'vaccines' are being developed to use mRNA (pfizer version). long term side effect is possibly cancer?

https://www.mskcc.org/news/scientists-find-cancer-drivers-hiding-rna-not-dna

No. Thats not what this article says at all. This article states that some of the mutations found in cancer are found at mRNA instead of DNA level. The Pfizer vaccine mRNA codes for a covid 19 protein that your body can recognize as foreign. It does not code for cancer.

This article is from 2018 and has nothing to do with vaccines. What made you put these two together???
Quote Reply
Re: Vaccination incentivization idea [slink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/qantas-coronavirus-vaccination-intl-hnk-scli/index.html

Quantas to require vaccination for itnernational travel. Guess more Airlines will pile on as the vaccines become available and widely distributed

A
Quote Reply

Prev Next