Re: ULTEGRA DI2 Locked and not working [jeikon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Expensive fix
Quote Reply
Re: ULTEGRA DI2 Locked and not working [jeikon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeikon wrote:
And FIXED!!![/font]

I bought a new rear derailleur and it works just fine. I changed (not easily) and it works now.[/font]

[/font]
So, bottom line: if your DI2 Ultegra Electronic Swift is locked you have several options:[/font]

[/font]
1- It is in crash mode and it won't go up until you press the junction button for 5 seconds[/font]
2- Something is broken in the derailleur, so you either change it or take it to the store.[/font]

[/font]
Thanks everyone, your help was amazing.[/font][/quote]
Hi everyone, sorry for being late to the party.
You rear mech could be fixed, but not everyone is willing to do it and Shimano doesn't make it easy to repair either.
In my experience 95% of Di2 rear derailleur are failing because human error during manufacturing. There are two small bolts which are used to attached motor to a bracket. They are coming lose and either getting wedged between gears or disengaging motor (usually when rear derailleur makes a noise but doesn't move. The only way to fix it is to take servo apart reattach bolts using locktite and seal it back again.
It is annoying as Shimano uses antitamper bolts and doesn't sell spares (such as servo).

I'm based in the UK and after a couple of trial & error attempts i can fix it within an hour, or less.

If you need any tips, give me a shout.
Quote Reply

Prev Next