Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 200k a day the new floor?? [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bone Idol wrote:
Francois wrote:
We will hit 3,000 soon, and will probably be around 350,000 deaths by Christmas. Possibly close to 400k, depending on the true impact of thanksgiving travel.
We are a nation full of selfish morons, governed by greedy selfish morons. Murica!

Well, it didn't take long for you to be right.

According to John Hopkins, 3,157 new deaths on Wednesday, more than 100,000(!) in hospital, >200,000 new cases, total caseload now 14 million. Holy fuck. Stay safe, peeps, if you can.

An American died of COVID-19 on average every 27 seconds yesterday. Think about that as you brush your teeth this morning.
Quote Reply
Re: 200k a day the new floor?? [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t want to downplay this, but that was 3,157 new deaths added to the records yesterday. We aren’t at the rate of someone dyeing every 27 seconds yet. The numbers are skewed a little high because they were skewed a little low over the holiday weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: 200k a day the new floor?? [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't worry, we will get there. More Trump rallies FTW!!!

Quote Reply
Re: 200k a day the new floor?? [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
...and as further follow up on the rapid antigen tests, in the latest report from the White House COVID Task Force, as well as warning that hospitals across the states are at risk of being overwhelmed, they also encourage the more widespread use of rapid antigen tests.

"The report also calls for the expansion of rapid antigen tests and says it is important that asymptomatic people are tested as well, given that many people without symptoms still spread the virus."

Here's the strange thing though. For months many health experts have said this is likely to be the most effective way to control the virus and allow us to return to a relatively normal life, and yet no major efforts have been made to manufacture and distribute the millions of at-home test kits necessary to achieve this. And now here we are in December - months and months later - and the White House COVID task force is saying "rapid antigen tests should be expanded." WTF?! Who are they talking to? Who do they think should be responsible for actioning the things they are recommending?

The failures of this government continue to amaze me.

We are in between governments. This is expected, just the timing is shit.
Incidentally, that's why a lot of people on this planet support dictators - if anything, they provide continuity.

Welp, I'll grant you that... so does it get filed in the "Broken clock is still right twice a day" drawer?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:

Incidentally, that's why a lot of people on this planet support dictators - if anything, they provide continuity.

Yes, dictatorships are famous for the continuity of power.
Quote Reply
Re: 200k a day the new floor?? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
alex_korr wrote:

Yes, dictatorships are famous for the continuity of power.

Are you saying that there was no continuity in Russia for the last 21 years? Or even in Germany under Merkel for that matter? Newsflash - our allies bitch about the uncertainty Presidential transitions introduce.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:

Are you saying that there was no continuity in Russia for the last 21 years?

No. He's saying there *was* continuity in Russia for the last 21 years. Dictatorships really do have great continuity. That's not why the text was pink.

Also Germany isn't a dictatorship.

And the uncertainty other countries have about U.S. transition isn't supposed to be uncertainty about if we can actually believe in our own election system and follow our own Constitution. It's supposed to be about policy changes between outgoing and incoming administrations.
Last edited by: trail: Dec 3, 20 16:47
Quote Reply
Re: 200k a day the new floor?? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
alex_korr wrote:

No. He's saying there *was* continuity in Russia for the last 21 years. Dictatorships really do have great continuity. That's not why the text was pink.

And the uncertainty other countries have about U.S. transition isn't supposed to be uncertainty about if we can actually believe in our own election system and follow our own Constitution. It's supposed to be about policy changes between outgoing and incoming administrations.

It's also not supposed to mean the outgoing government sits on its hands for two months.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
alex_korr wrote:

The complaints about the uncertainty were raised even as far back as the Bush Jr administration. And def during the Obama's time.
Oh and thanks for the 411 about Germany :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

2918 people died yesterday from COVID
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So nearly 220K new cases yesterday(probably more today too) and about 3k+ deaths a day now. It did seem after that first 200k day that it may be a ceiling and not a floor, but the ceiling has done dropped now. Next up I suppose is 250k and 4k deaths. I dont blame Trump for not mentioning the word Covid one bit, he and Pence will do good to just hide out until they can disappear now...
Last edited by: monty: Dec 4, 20 16:02
Quote Reply
Re: 200k a day the new floor?? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
I dont blame Trump for not mentioning the word Covid one bit, he and Pence will do good to just hide out until they can disappear now...

Or start the 2024 campaign and be a non-stop Twitter peanut gallery to the Biden admin. It's the perfect situation for Trump. He loves campaigning, but isn't a big fan of the actual job, apparently.

Edit: Pence might step out, though. Probably mutually agreed.
Last edited by: trail: Dec 4, 20 16:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well looks like 235k+ today, how quickly 200k gets in the rear view mirror. This thing really has gone exponential, suppose we all should keep ourselves out of hospitals til after the New Years at least..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
trail wrote:
alex_korr wrote:

It's also not supposed to mean the outgoing government sits on its hands for two months.

It’s worse than that. He’s actively trying to fuck Biden’s transition. Firing pretty much everyone and replacing them all with Trumpers.

Good luck to the Biden team sorting out the mess that Trump is purposefully leaving.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: 200k a day the new floor?? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
trail wrote:
alex_korr wrote:

It’s worse than that. He’s actively trying to fuck Biden’s transition. Firing pretty much everyone and replacing them all with Trumpers.

Good luck to the Biden team sorting out the mess that Trump is purposefully leaving.

Men of moral courage like JSA are outraged by what’s going on. Shame they’re too busy to tell us.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
trail wrote:
alex_korr wrote:

Men of moral courage like JSA are outraged by what’s going on. Shame they’re too busy to tell us.

Don't worry JSA will definetly vote for Ron Johnson in 2022 for Senate, even though he is having hearings on hydroxychloroquine on November 20th! Somehow the fact we are not using hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 was within the purview of the Homeland Security committee, so he invited a couple nut jobs to testify and the Democrats invited an actual expert who presented scientific studies. Just insane that person has been elected to the Senate and may be reelected.
Quote Reply
Re: 200k a day the new floor?? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My dad posted this on Facebook, and it made me laugh. But it’s no laughing matter. I guess it’s pretty uncomfortable. It can damage your vocal chords and impair your ability to swallow.

Somewhat related, apparently Covid can cause erectile dysfunction. Hmm.
Last edited by: CallMeMaybe: Dec 5, 20 20:12
Quote Reply
Re: 200k a day the new floor?? [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CallMeMaybe wrote:
My dad posted this on Facebook, and it made me laugh. But it’s no laughing matter. I guess it’s pretty uncomfortable. It can damage your vocal chords and impair your ability to swallow.

Right. It is a binary choice faced by the 99% of the population.

As an aside, you are way more likely to get an erectile dysfunction from an office job.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
CallMeMaybe wrote:

As an aside, you are way more likely to get an erectile dysfunction from an office job.

Please explain your statement regarding the binary choice and how it relates to intubation. You and I have different thinking patterns and I struggle to understand your ideas.

Regarding ED, there is no chance whatsoever that I will get erectile dysfunction from an office job. You may be way more likely, though.
Quote Reply
Re: 200k a day the new floor?? [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CallMeMaybe wrote:
alex_korr wrote:
CallMeMaybe wrote:

Please explain your statement regarding the binary choice and how it relates to intubation. You and I have different thinking patterns and I struggle to understand your ideas.

Regarding ED, there is no chance whatsoever that I will get erectile dysfunction from an office job. You may be way more likely, though.

The agitprod piece you posted states: wear a mask or face a damaging intubation procedure. It presents it as a binary choice. Nuff said.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:

The agitprod piece you posted states: wear a mask or face a damaging intubation procedure. It presents it as a binary choice. Nuff said.

You changed what it actually states.
Quote Reply

Prev Next