Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help with pricing a speed concept
Quote | Reply
I'm curious what you guys would suggest asking for a 2019 trek speed concept in a size large. It's the triathlon version non-uci black on black color. Never been on the road or completely assembled. I could sell it as a frame set or a complete bike with Shimano di2.Front and rear derailleurs are the latest generation of ultegra shifters and brake levers are previous generation DA. I've been batting it around and someone has approached me with a pretty much bogus offer but I'm not sure what I would even ask to begin with.
Quote Reply
Re: Help with pricing a speed concept [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just spitballing

You can buy an ultegra di2 SC for ~$6k and a Frameset/module for $3300 from Trek directly. You don't mention wheels, that can matter of course. I'm also assuming the groupset is used since it's mixed?

Pro's closet has a few used SC's for sale... nothing direct comparison, but some that are in the same realm. Somewhere in the $4-4500 would get someone a modern SC with electronic shifting. (they all seemed to have some middling aero'ish wheelset as well fwiw)

The frame, I'm just absolutely just going off the cuff, but $2500 for a module sounds about right to me.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Last edited by: Morelock: Nov 20, 20 9:15
Quote Reply
Re: Help with pricing a speed concept [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ty. I could potentially do something with wheels either bontragers or a set of Flo. The bontragers would be obviously the higher quality full carbon clinchers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone else have any thoughts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I purchased a new 2018 Trek Speed Concept 9 series black on black from my Trek shop and want to say retail was $4,200. Came with R8000 Mechanical Ultegra and Aeolus 50mm wheels. That was new, I’m the original owner, and the warranty is in my name in Treks system. If I sold that bike, I don’t believe the warranty would transfer.

EBay’s recently sold Speed Concepts range from $1,500 - $5k depending on what’s on the bike. I would start there to get an understanding of what you might expect depending on how you build it up etc.

If you’re overpriced, the market will tell you over time. If you’re giving it away, you’ll know pretty quickly 😉.

"Heart Rate, Watts, I have no idea, I race, I don't pace." Andrew Starykowicz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sold series 9 for 6k without wheels. Di2, SRM power meter, sittero saddle, and SLF OSP. Black and Red frame is like new condition.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Help with pricing a speed concept [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a great price. On what platform did you sell it?
Quote Reply
Re: Help with pricing a speed concept [iamAERO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iamAERO wrote:
That's a great price. On what platform did you sell it?

FB.... I moved all my bike sales and bike equipment to FB. Higher prices easier communication with buyers, less nickel and dimming than ST.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
just spitballing

You can buy an ultegra di2 SC for ~$6k and a Frameset/module for $3300 from Trek directly. You don't mention wheels, that can matter of course. I'm also assuming the groupset is used since it's mixed?

Pro's closet has a few used SC's for sale... nothing direct comparison, but some that are in the same realm. Somewhere in the $4-4500 would get someone a modern SC with electronic shifting. (they all seemed to have some middling aero'ish wheelset as well fwiw)

The frame, I'm just absolutely just going off the cuff, but $2500 for a module sounds about right to me.

Those are not series 9 frames...... I think OP. said he has series 9 frame. Series 9 frame should get more.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To quote the dude...

That's just, like, your opinion...man. ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
To quote the dude...

That's just, like, your opinion...man. ;)

100% but I have owned 5 speed concepts now since 2015 so been watching prices for 6 years now.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I mean, you would know then. I was just giving my opinion... based on what someone can buy a 2021 SC or Frameset for, and also what someone can buy used ones with mixed components for... Comparable bikes.
I don't see anywhere it says Series 9... and it doesn't matter, mixed groupset, no wheels... etc. (at least from the OP)

I'm not claiming to be the authority, just gave my opinion. It's like I tell people wanting prices on their used cars... it's worth what someone will offer you for it at the moment. That could change from one moment to the next...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed your correct RE read no series 9 here.... but might also explain why I got 6k for mine. Series 9 frames go for a little more in what I have seen paid for and sold for then a series 7.

Quote Reply