I took Founders out of the rotation about a year ago

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Best CHEAP beer [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
AndysStrongAle wrote:
I also think its crazy someone would pay $10 for a six pack.

$15 for 4-packs of canned local craft brew tall boys around here, with catchy graphics on the label - stickers that look like they're done on a home printer

I pass

$15 is middle of the road. Not uncommon to see $20-22. I love craft beer but it's getting pretty crazy.
Quote Reply
Re: Best CHEAP beer [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
I think its crazy what some people think is 'cheap' beer here. But I also think its crazy someone would pay $10 for a six pack. I drink maybe 3-4 beers a week, so my price range is $12-15 for a 12 pack. I won't pay more.

That said, I think Coors and Miller Highlife is good. I have tried the Costco brand...don't do it. Keystone was the go to in college, that stuff is terrible.

As a fellow Minnesotan I am beyond disappointed that you did not say Michelob Golden Light.

Kirkland's light tastes like the corn is still on the bottom of the can, it is horrific.

Cheap beer is a beer that is dressed up with olives, makes a good bloody beer in a fish house etc. Mich golden and Busch light are my go to cheapo's, but I would never pass on the King of Beer!

Our standard daily drinker here is Summit EPA, not cheep cheep, but on sale for about a buck a beer.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: Best CHEAP beer [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like so many things your lack of imagination and your over confidence has caused you to fumble.

You didn't frame this discussion well at all.

Let me fix this for you: We've all been to the neighborhood pool party. We know cheap beer is on the agenda and your wife has already given you the stink eye when you suggested you are going BYOB. What beer do you hope to find in the cooler that will leave you least disappointed?

Bud Light. I don't hate it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Corona on a hot day.
Quote Reply
Re: Best CHEAP beer [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do keep Bud Light on hand, goes down nice and easy after a hot day of doing yard work or after playing hockey.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Best CHEAP beer [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did beer only come in wooden barrels at that time?

Trieatalot

It's a C minus world.
Quote Reply
Re: Best CHEAP beer [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trieatalot wrote:
Did beer only come in wooden barrels at that time?

It came out in 1985. Guessing a lot of people on here had MGD free proms
Quote Reply
Re: Best CHEAP beer [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bone, you need to bone up on kegerators. They make college boy size refrigs that can pour one store one Pepsi size kegs or one 16 er. I would have one except I live 2 blocks from a micro brewery that with a "Golden Growler" you can get a growler fill for $5 and a pint while you wait. That is $1 a pint for craft beer. Even a poor pensioner drunk like me can afford that. Life is too short to drink crap beer.
Quote Reply
Re: Best CHEAP beer [fat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fat wrote:
High life, the champagne of beers.

Correct.

------------------------------
The first time man split the atom was when the atom tried to hold Jens Voigt's wheel, but cracked.
Quote Reply
Re: Best CHEAP beer [Sulliesbrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sulliesbrew wrote:
AndysStrongAle wrote:
I think its crazy what some people think is 'cheap' beer here. But I also think its crazy someone would pay $10 for a six pack. I drink maybe 3-4 beers a week, so my price range is $12-15 for a 12 pack. I won't pay more.

That said, I think Coors and Miller Highlife is good. I have tried the Costco brand...don't do it. Keystone was the go to in college, that stuff is terrible.

As a fellow Minnesotan I am beyond disappointed that you did not say Michelob Golden Light.

Kirkland's light tastes like the corn is still on the bottom of the can, it is horrific.

Cheap beer is a beer that is dressed up with olives, makes a good bloody beer in a fish house etc. Mich golden and Busch light are my go to cheapo's, but I would never pass on the King of Beer!

Our standard daily drinker here is Summit EPA, not cheep cheep, but on sale for about a buck a beer.

Grain Belt Nordeast is my typical go to beer. But yes I forgot about Mich Golden.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sulliesbrew wrote:
Busch light.

End thread.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Best CHEAP beer [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Sulliesbrew wrote:
Busch light.

End thread.

My buddy gave me a case of "Lattes" (the special edition can) for helping get his bear out of the woods. Damn they are tasty after manual labor or during said labor.

Wish the Buschel pack was more widely distributed.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: Best CHEAP beer [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G-man wrote:
Bone, you need to bone up on kegerators. They make college boy size refrigs that can pour one store one Pepsi size kegs or one 16 er. I would have one except I live 2 blocks from a micro brewery that with a "Golden Growler" you can get a growler fill for $5 and a pint while you wait. That is $1 a pint for craft beer. Even a poor pensioner drunk like me can afford that. Life is too short to drink crap beer.

We have a 2-tap kegerator in the garage, although it doesn't seem like it saves much $ over bottles/cans.
My wife recently discovered that you can get Truly hard seltzer in 1/6 kegs, which ended badly for her and her friends on a couple of nights.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sulliesbrew wrote:

Wish the Buschel pack was more widely distributed.

This.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brewer’s Best Kölsch brewing kit. 5 gallons good to drink in about 3-4 weeks for $35.
Quote Reply
Re: Best CHEAP beer [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
Coors light.

Or

PBR.

How did it take 3 pages for PBR to be mentioned?

Love PBR while rafting/ camping or even just a cold one in a hot shower after a stressful day (mostly cause it reminds me of rafting/ camping).

Is there a better shower beer than PBR?
Quote Reply
Re: Best CHEAP beer [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next