Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

LeBron is such a whiny bitch
Quote | Reply
moaning about the MVP voting? Seriously dude you're? If you ever wonder why Jordan is revered and people call you a whiny bitch who wouldn't even start on the Dream Team remember this episode of whiny bitchiness
Quote Reply
Re: LeBron is such a whiny bitch [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YEP!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lebron doesn't even make my top 10 Lakers list.. he's a fool.
Quote Reply
Re: LeBron is such a whiny bitch [KKG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KKG wrote:
Lebron doesn't even make my top 10 Lakers list.. he's a fool.

Careful Dan gets all bitchy when you point out LeBron is not even fit to be a ball boy on the dream team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As much as I hate to agree withy windy on anything but food and booze:

Yeah

Edit:

Jordan was and is a lot of things. Asshole.? Undoubtably. Prima Donna ala Lebron? I think not.
Last edited by: chriskal: Sep 19, 20 21:18
Quote Reply
Re: LeBron is such a whiny bitch [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
As much as I hate to agree withy windy on anything but food and booze:

Yeah

Edit:

Jordan was and is a lot of things. Asshole.? Undoubtably. Prima Donna ala Lebron? I think not.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't Jordan do a considerable amount of whining during his Hall of Fame speech?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree he’s a fool. The whole Miami reveal thing was an unforgivable act of narcissism.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Colby Covington called out bitchy boy James after his victory.
https://sports.yahoo.com/...c-win-040026936.html
Quote Reply
Re: LeBron is such a whiny bitch [Constantine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Constantine wrote:

Deduct three points for bringing politics into the thread. This thread should solely be about what a whiny bitch LBJ is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Constantine wrote:

Deduct three points for bringing politics into the thread. This thread should solely be about what a whiny bitch LBJ is.

Damn it , I want to appeal that ruling the others were simple collateral damage.
Last edited by: Constantine: Sep 20, 20 13:15
Quote Reply
Re: LeBron is such a whiny bitch [Constantine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Constantine wrote:
windywave wrote:
Constantine wrote:

Damn it , I want to appeal that ruling the others were simple collateral damage.

No appeal required. Windy is only the judge of these things in his own head.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: LeBron is such a whiny bitch [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Agree he’s a fool. The whole Miami reveal thing was an unforgivable act of narcissism.

Exactly. AND - he had to join a with stars on it to win. Jordan made others into stars. Absolutely no comparison between the 2. One is the GOAT. The other is a donkey.
Quote Reply
Re: LeBron is such a whiny bitch [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

Exactly. AND - he had to join a with stars on it to win. Jordan made others into stars. Absolutely no comparison between the 2. One is the GOAT. The other is a donkey.

No team wins a title without a few stars. The Bulls included.

LeBron won a title with Cleveland. Repeat: CLEVELAND. In the “carrying guys to a title” category, Jordan can’t touch that.

And...

The league never had to secretly suspend LeBron for gambling on the sport.
Quote Reply
Re: LeBron is such a whiny bitch [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
LeBron won a title with Cleveland. Repeat: CLEVELAND. In the “carrying guys to a title” category, Jordan can’t touch that.

And...

The league never had to secretly suspend LeBron for gambling on the sport.

Let's not even discuss the Cleveland team he took to the finals in 2007. I defy anyone to explain what kind of greatness was required just to get that team into the finals.

I'm a big fan of the guy. Love what he has done with his career and his community. A family man who has fulfilled every expectation that was put on him as a teenager.

I also love how he triggers people. I absolutely love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can complain about how he carries himself, but if you say his on-court performance over the course of his career doesn't rank him as an all-time great you're just not being honest.
Quote Reply
Re: LeBron is such a whiny bitch [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An interesting addendum to this thread is... the video of his comments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZitmKUStjI&feature=youtu.be&t=84&ab_channel=ESPN

It's 5 minutes of questions and answers if you click on the link I attached (the full one is 7 minutes, but the first 2 minutes aren't about the MVP voting), but you can watch it at faster speed and not miss much at all.

I definitely appreciated his sense of proportion and scope. One of the most evident things is his recognition of the way the MVP has evolved (
Tim Duncan's MVP award didn't say the same thing as Russell Westbrook's and neither of them carry the same type of implications as Steve Nash's.) and the way expanding consensus around a narrative can affect the way awards are passed out (obviously, even at the time, Gasol's DPOY award was recognized as problematic, so that felt like a particularly good way to highlight his more general point)... It's probably something he's dug into a bit, since he's concerned with his legacy, and awards and narratives affect legacies in such a huge ways...

For that matter, I think there are some posts in the group above this one that are great examples of the way that a narrative has influenced the general reception of all sorts of things a player might express. To provide some context, I also felt like creating a big 3 in Miami cheapened the experience of winning NBA championships, and it wouldn't surprise me if the bad taste that was left in lots of people's mouths from those years has contributed to people's receptions of...whatever Lebron James says... but I think it might be good to try to take a peek at his message he's sending as objectively as we can in this case, since it seems to have implications that are a bit broader than the current MVP voting...

I guess my question for you basketball folks is: If the voters from 1999 or 2003 or 2015 were picking an NBA MVP this year... who would've won? I think there's a pretty strong argument that it still would've been Giannis, but... I think I can make a case for other folks pretty easily too.

I think this is another interview people are really going to appreciate in 3 decades.
Last edited by: trois_pample: Sep 21, 20 17:08
Quote Reply