Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FUCK YOU COVID-19
Quote | Reply
From races cancelled to actually getting covid and now you can even find somewhere secluded to get the fuck away from people. Fall fishing trip will probably be screwed up with people who are taking there freaking kids to the beach in November because there home schooling....... I have to find something secluded before I lose my shit! Go back to your video games!
Quote Reply
Re: FUCK YOU COVID-19 [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just self-quarantine. You won't see anyone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are camping this week. We went the same week last year and it was completely empty. As in we could not see another camper from our site. This year there is barely an empty site in the park.

But the fishing has been great. Wife is frying up the Cajun catfish as I sit here drinking by the fire.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are going to Tofino this week. It supposed to rain 1-2inches PER DAY the entire time we are there. Perfect to scare off the tourist crowd. I can't wait to just, get away from people.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
From races cancelled to actually getting covid and now you can even find somewhere secluded to get the fuck away from people. Fall fishing trip will probably be screwed up with people who are taking there freaking kids to the beach in November because there home schooling....... I have to find something secluded before I lose my shit! Go back to your video games!

Things could be worse for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Come up here to Alaska. It’s been a great summer! Fishing, hiking, lots of outdoor activities with no one around.
Quote Reply
Re: FUCK YOU COVID-19 [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm planning on heading up next Summer/Fall to hunt Caribou and/or Moose. I have had enough of 2020 and am ready to just have a wild adventure someplace far away from home.

-------------
"Life is fragile - we are all just a slip or a car crash away from being a very different person."
Quote Reply
Re: FUCK YOU COVID-19 [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
907Tri wrote:
Come up here to Alaska. It’s been a great summer! Fishing, hiking, lots of outdoor activities with no one around.

Is there ever anyone around though?
Quote Reply
Re: FUCK YOU COVID-19 [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes but I'm venting so humor me. But you are right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's the Covid effect. People want to control their outdoor activities while staying safe since they can't do the packed activities safely. I live on a lake. Covid has caused a shortage of boats, jet skis, lake houses and lake lots. Prices has jumped dramatically. Normally there is a significant fall off in pleasure boat activity after Labor Day. Not this year. By now, it has usually switched to more fishing boats than pleasure boats on the weekends. That hasn't happened this year. I'm sure the fishermen are complaining about it on fishing forums like you are complaining here.
Quote Reply
Re: FUCK YOU COVID-19 [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought it was gonna be about the loss of a friend or family member, not a whine about not being able to fish.
Quote Reply
Re: FUCK YOU COVID-19 [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
I thought it was gonna be about the loss of a friend or family member, not a whine about not being able to fish.

x2.
Quote Reply
Re: FUCK YOU COVID-19 [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:
It's the Covid effect. People want to control their outdoor activities while staying safe since they can't do the packed activities safely. I live on a lake. Covid has caused a shortage of boats, jet skis, lake houses and lake lots. Prices has jumped dramatically. Normally there is a significant fall off in pleasure boat activity after Labor Day. Not this year. By now, it has usually switched to more fishing boats than pleasure boats on the weekends. That hasn't happened this year. I'm sure the fishermen are complaining about it on fishing forums like you are complaining here.

This is truth. Experiencing the same thing and it’s pissing me off. Usually after Labor Day things calm down significantly and the lake is infinitely more enjoyable. Not this year so far. Every weekend all summer was like a normal holiday weekend and it hasn’t seemed to taper off yet. These assholes need to get off of my lake. /p. Sort of.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like most places outdoors are pretty safe re COVID-19.
Quote Reply
Re: FUCK YOU COVID-19 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
ChrisM wrote:

x2.

Nope just me being a bitch
Quote Reply
Re: FUCK YOU COVID-19 [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anchorage is 45 minutes south and about 300K. I live in the valley which is about 100K spread out over a big distance. However, Central Valley that has both towns of Palmer and Wasilla has about 60k.

It's rural but still has a decent population. The outdoors really spreads everyone around the state during the summer. In the winter the biggest gatherings we have here are public schools and churches.

It's relatively safe here versus the lower 48. That is in terms of the virus and riots.
Quote Reply
Re: FUCK YOU COVID-19 [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

This is truth. Experiencing the same thing and it’s pissing me off. Usually after Labor Day things calm down significantly and the lake is infinitely more enjoyable. Not this year so far. Every weekend all summer was like a normal holiday weekend and it hasn’t seemed to taper off yet. These assholes need to get off of my lake. /p. Sort of.

That’s why my nephew and my brother went west of KC. They bought a cabin at Kahola Lake which is private. Lots of Kansas City people have bought there.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: FUCK YOU COVID-19 [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:

Yeah, but I think that's 'bum's problem. People. People suck. They should get back isolated indoors so he can have his pristine people-free outdoors back.
Quote Reply
Re: FUCK YOU COVID-19 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:

Yeah, but I think that's 'bum's problem. People. People suck. They should get back isolated indoors so he can have his pristine people-free outdoors back.

Exactly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got back from Moab. I've been there 5 times and this was the busiest I've seen it.
Fortunately we were there for just a day so we went into Grand Staircase-Escalante for 5 days of gravel biking and scarcely saw any other people.
Quote Reply