Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Whats your crazy (actually possible) 2020 election prediction? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
velocomp wrote:
Dems immediately impeach along partisan lines, thereby ignoring the EC. Then do the same to the VP.

Once again, impeaching is not ignoring the EC.

If they impeach right after the election because they don't like the results of the EC (Regardless of reason they give for impeachment) then it is ignoring the EC. Trump could kill someone, but if they impeach after the election because they don't like the results and use him committing murder as the reason, they have a valid reason to impeach but they are doing so because they don't like the results of the EC. Thus they are ignoring the EC. Symantics I guess. I didn't say they can't do it, just their motivation is misplaced and wrong. And rightfully will upset 40% + of the country and many states.
Quote Reply
Re: Whats your crazy (actually possible) 2020 election prediction? [trois_pample] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trois_pample wrote:

President of Antifa here with some logistics help... We're actually planning to restock the places we've looted and then rob them again!

Commandant of the Anarchists here. Also while looting in an an anarchist jurisdiction, don't forget we're honoring alternate-side parking rules so looter vans can easily come and go in an orderly manner.

Quote Reply
Re: Whats your crazy (actually possible) 2020 election prediction? [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like Biden will win the popular vote, and electoral vote is very close. With mail in votes still arriving in large numbers no one can make the call.

With a 8 member SCOTUS, McConnel puts the Senate in recess. This allows Trump to appoint a 9th justice.

November drags with still no winner. Over Thanksgiving with large protests and Rona, Trumps makes a fateful decision. He states that even though he thinks he would win, for the good of the country he's stepping aside to allow Biden to form a government. Trained on naturally disagreeing and protesting everything Trump recommends. Large liberal protests begin demanding Trump remain president. In hopes of quickly ending this, a hastily press conference is held. Biden's plans to accept Trumps concession, but the teleprompter breaks and he concedes himself.

With a 50/50 tie in the Senate, Newly reelected Trump with his mandate nominates Ivanka for SCOTUS and she is confirmed.
Quote Reply
Re: Whats your crazy (actually possible) 2020 election prediction? [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
chaparral wrote:
velocomp wrote:
Dems immediately impeach along partisan lines, thereby ignoring the EC. Then do the same to the VP.

If they impeach right after the election because they don't like the results of the EC (Regardless of reason they give for impeachment) then it is ignoring the EC. Trump could kill someone, but if they impeach after the election because they don't like the results and use him committing murder as the reason, they have a valid reason to impeach but they are doing so because they don't like the results of the EC. Thus they are ignoring the EC. Symantics I guess. I didn't say they can't do it, just their motivation is misplaced and wrong. And rightfully will upset 40% + of the country and many states.

But by your thinking, every impeachment of the president is ignoring the EC.

Impeachment expressly does not ignore the EC. It is impossible to ignore the EC, because you are only going to impeach trump if he wins the EC. Impeachment expressly acknowledges the EC winner.

Impeachment will always be political, since it is being done by political bodies. That does not mean it is illegitimate.

Plus, even if they take a majority in the Senate, there is no way they will get 67 seats. What Republicans do you think are going to "ignore the EC"?
Quote Reply
Re: Whats your crazy (actually possible) 2020 election prediction? [Cavechild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cavechild wrote:
It looks like Biden will win the popular vote, and electoral vote is very close. With mail in votes still arriving in large numbers no one can make the call.

With a 8 member SCOTUS, McConnel puts the Senate in recess. This allows Trump to appoint a 9th justice.

November drags with still no winner. Over Thanksgiving with large protests and Rona, Trumps makes a fateful decision. He states that even though he thinks he would win, for the good of the country he's stepping aside to allow Biden to form a government. Trained on naturally disagreeing and protesting everything Trump recommends. Large liberal protests begin demanding Trump remain president. In hopes of quickly ending this, a hastily press conference is held. Biden's plans to accept Trumps concession, but the teleprompter breaks and he concedes himself.

With a 50/50 tie in the Senate, Newly reelected Trump with his mandate nominates Ivanka for SCOTUS and she is confirmed.

Well done, that is excellent.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: Whats your crazy (actually possible) 2020 election prediction? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
velocomp wrote:
chaparral wrote:
velocomp wrote:

But by your thinking, every impeachment of the president is ignoring the EC.

Impeachment expressly does not ignore the EC. It is impossible to ignore the EC, because you are only going to impeach trump if he wins the EC. Impeachment expressly acknowledges the EC winner.

Impeachment will always be political, since it is being done by political bodies. That does not mean it is illegitimate.

Plus, even if they take a majority in the Senate, there is no way they will get 67 seats. What Republicans do you think are going to "ignore the EC"?

No. I think every impeachment is political. And if the reason for the impeachment is for legitimate reason, then they should impeach. If they choose not to and hold it until after the election as retribution then they are going against the wishes of the EC.

That is my opinion.

If Trump won the popular vote (yeah right) and the Dems impeach they would be going against the will of the people. Not saying that they don't have a right to do so, just that they should expect backlash.
Quote Reply
Re: Whats your crazy (actually possible) 2020 election prediction? [Cavechild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cavechild wrote:

This allows Trump to appoint a 9th justice.

Only temporarily. Per the Constitution, until the end of the next Senate session.

The Constitution is very clear about the role of the Senate in confirming nominations, and in the President's recess appointment power.

Though if McConnell hangs on, I wouldn't put it past him to put the Senate into recess for one day after every session so the recess appointment could be re-appointed in perpetuity. Trump could just make the 9th sort of a rolling celebrity honor, for nice donations to his campaign. Justice Arpaio. Justice Kanye. Justice Putin.

It'd be the will of the people if McConnell were to win his seat again.
Last edited by: trail: Sep 21, 20 10:08
Quote Reply
Re: Whats your crazy (actually possible) 2020 election prediction? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bringing this back up to the top as the past couple weeks has been chaotic to say the least.

I'm at the point where I believe Biden will win popular vote and EC vote, but I don't know who will sit in office January 21. Cannot believe I am saying that.

I do believe our country can get Biden in office, but it has become absolutely clear there will be zero peaceful transfer of power and Trump will fight this to the absolute very end. What goes on in the fight, how it falls out, and the process it takes is anyones guess at this point.
Quote Reply
Re: Whats your crazy (actually possible) 2020 election prediction? [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump wins with a Democratic super majority in Congress. It would be epic and the only hope of executive powers being curtailed.
Quote Reply
Re: Whats your crazy (actually possible) 2020 election prediction? [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trump dies the day of the election from COVID and wins the EC.
Quote Reply
Re: Whats your crazy (actually possible) 2020 election prediction? [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sosayusall wrote:
Trump wins election. Dems win senate 50-50. I don’t know how the math would work out.

Democrats don’t approve any justice trump appoints.

Pence would be tie breaker, trump would continue to get his judges.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m not sure this is crazy at all. I think it’s very likely that Biden wins, doesn’t finish his first term, Harris becomes POTUS and Pelosi moves up to VP by constitutional mandate.

We will have a female President and Vice President heading into the 2024 election.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Trump loses but claims its rigged and refuses to leave the WH. As a diversion he quickly declares war on China and lobs a few nukes at them. That doesn't go well, but once the dust clears and all is said and done the biggest winner is Putin.
Quote Reply
Re: Whats your crazy (actually possible) 2020 election prediction? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
I’m not sure this is crazy at all. I think it’s very likely that Biden wins, doesn’t finish his first term, Harris becomes POTUS and Pelosi moves up to VP by constitutional mandate.

We will have a female President and Vice President heading into the 2024 election.

I can't see that being a bad thing, especially compared to the two current males.
Quote Reply
Re: Whats your crazy (actually possible) 2020 election prediction? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump loses the election by the biggest margin in modern era - even with white supremicists shooting up polling places and intimidating voters. Trump takes his case to the courts, to 'get rid of ballots'. The US becomes an ungovernable hellhole - just what foreign oligarchs wished for from Trump.
Quote Reply
Re: Whats your crazy (actually possible) 2020 election prediction? [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump gets covid and is incapacitated and forced to leave the ticket. His replacement, Nikki Haley, wins a narrow EC victory.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
trump dies the day of the election from COVID and wins the EC.

Am I a wizard?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trump gets the covid and passed it on to Biden at the previous debate.

Biden dies before election day.

Boom!
Quote Reply
Re: Whats your crazy (actually possible) 2020 election prediction? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So let’s say one of the presidential nominees dies at this point. What happens? Is there a cut off or are there specific requirements to run? Is it too late for someone new to enter the race?

I have been wondering about a pence/pelosi pairing for a while. So my crazy prediction is that Trump dies after winning to set it up.

To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave.

Reach high, think big, work hard, have fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Whats your crazy (actually possible) 2020 election prediction? [Number2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Number2 wrote:
So let’s say one of the presidential nominees dies at this point. What happens? Is there a cut off or are there specific requirements to run? Is it too late for someone new to enter the race?

I have been wondering about a pence/pelosi pairing for a while. So my crazy prediction is that Trump dies after winning to set it up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/05/16/what-happens-if-us-presidential-candidate-withdraws-or-dies-before-election-is-over-part-1/

In the next month, I think it's up to the parties.
After November 6th, it's a legal mess
After December 10th, a bigger legal mess
After January 6th, when Congress counts the vote, straight forward the VP-elect becomes the President per 20A
Quote Reply
Re: Whats your crazy (actually possible) 2020 election prediction? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

Pelosi wouldn't become VP by that mechanism. 25th Amendment states that when there is a vacancy in the VP, the President selects a new one, and that person must be approved by both chambers of congress
Quote Reply

Prev Next