Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: RBG Replacement Bets [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Realistically the WH and Senate are lost. This gets a conservative on the Court for 30 years. How's that shortsighted?

It is politically short-sighted. Pushing this through will probably lead to worse result for the GOP in the election. It will probably not have any measurable result for SCOTUS, as it will not stand without a response, regardless of any manufactured and selective outrage that people may try to generate.

Question is, what is the very best path for the GOP to take to improve their chances in the November election?
Quote Reply
Re: RBG Replacement Bets [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
Quote:
Realistically the WH and Senate are lost. This gets a conservative on the Court for 30 years. How's that shortsighted?

It is politically short-sighted. Pushing this through will probably lead to worse result for the GOP in the election. It will probably not have any measurable result for SCOTUS, as it will not stand without a response, regardless of any manufactured and selective outrage that people may try to generate.

Question is, what is the very best path for the GOP to take to improve their chances in the November election?

Having a candidate nominated and going through the confirmation process However far that reaches Between now and Election Day is in my opinion the very best path for the President and the Senate to follow.

I believe it is also the best way for the GOP to improve their chances of winning.
Quote Reply
Re: RBG Replacement Bets [Tylertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aha

This is the LR, you must be prepared to throw down on a misplaced comma, so I apologise.
Quote Reply
Re: RBG Replacement Bets [Tylertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's assume there are 5? 10? States where voting actually matters. Which way do they tip to ensure / oppose a trump win. Of more importance arguably is what if you win the SC battle and lose the election. ........

How many more people can trump realistically bring out saying this candidate for the SC is essential versus Biden saying we just need to wait........

I may be wrong, but if trump wins, he gets the pick, the thought of this being rail roaded through may incense more than it enthuses and even if it doesn't but he loses the balls in Biden court and any advantage can be removed through expanding the SC
Quote Reply
Re: RBG Replacement Bets [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Aha

This is the LR, you must be prepared to throw down on a misplaced comma, so I apologise.

All good.
Quote Reply
Re: RBG Replacement Bets [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Let's assume there are 5? 10? States where voting actually matters. Which way do they tip to ensure / oppose a trump win. Of more importance arguably is what if you win the SC battle and lose the election. ........

How many more people can trump realistically bring out saying this candidate for the SC is essential versus Biden saying we just need to wait........

I may be wrong, but if trump wins, he gets the pick, the thought of this being rail roaded through may incense more than it enthuses and even if it doesn't but he loses the balls in Biden court and any advantage can be removed through expanding the SC

I think the right thing to do is to start the process.

I don’t know what happens next

If the nominee will be opposed based on reasons like the reasons the last one was opposed. I think that should come out now. And senators should take positions.

I think the President should make his call now for who he nominates. I think people should vote with that knowledge on the table.

If the confirmation is so smooth and both sides agree so much in the nominee that they are confirmed pre election. Ok. If not and voters make decisions with this on the table. I think it shows how voters feel about whether the process should continue after the election, or be suspended to wait for the new people to take office in presidency and/or senate.
Quote Reply

Prev Next