Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gender reveal kills another
Quote | Reply
Couple and photographer started the El Dorado Fire with a gender reveal smoke device.

Now one firefighter dead.

Under California law "Manslaughter is the unlawful killing of a human being without malice. It is of three kinds: . . .
(b) Involuntary—in the commission of an unlawful act, not amounting to a felony; or in the commission of a lawful act which might produce death, in an unlawful manner, or without due caution and circumspection."

Charges? Lighting off an incendiary device during severe fire conditions?
Quote Reply
Re: Gender reveal kills another [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no doubt there will be charges. There is a long precedent in CA for charging people who did stupid stuff that led to firefighter deaths.

And as the person who created gender reveals said "can't we all just go back to dying cake batter?"
Quote Reply
Re: Gender reveal kills another [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
I have no doubt there will be charges. There is a long precedent in CA for charging people who did stupid stuff that led to firefighter deaths.

And as the person who created gender reveals said "can't we all just go back to dying cake batter?"

Or not caring?
Quote Reply
Re: Gender reveal kills another [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder how proximate to the death the act needs to be? I guess it probably just depends.

I haven't seen any talk of charging the couple or the owner of the facilities or the person who attended with Covid that have killed 7 people now from spreading Covid at their "illegal" wedding.

Seems like there would probably be the potential for any number of manslaughter charges for Covid spreaders who knew they had it or violated local rules.
Quote Reply
Re: Gender reveal kills another [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
torrey wrote:

Or not caring?

Because we have an entire generation in this country who were raised on the "look at me" platform.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Gender reveal kills another [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
I wonder how proximate to the death the act needs to be? I guess it probably just depends.

I haven't seen any talk of charging the couple or the owner of the facilities or the person who attended with Covid that have killed 7 people now from spreading Covid at their "illegal" wedding.

Seems like there would probably be the potential for any number of manslaughter charges for Covid spreaders who knew they had it or violated local rules.

Wagon Mound
Quote Reply
Re: Gender reveal kills another [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
windywave wrote:
torrey wrote:

Or not caring?

Because we have an entire generation in this country who were raised on the "look at me" platform.

And you're contributing by having the grandson wear a hideously yellow outfit and cheese on his head
Last edited by: windywave: Sep 18, 20 13:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
JSA wrote:
windywave wrote:
torrey wrote:

Or not caring?

And you're contributing by having the grandson wear a hideously yellow outfit and cheese on his head

My family has always been anti-cheesehead. Never quite understood it. But, my grandson was sporting this today:

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
torrey wrote:

Or not caring?

We had two gender reveals for our two respective kids. We held them in the hospital and called them "giving birth."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
windywave wrote:
JSA wrote:
windywave wrote:
torrey wrote:

Or not caring?

My family has always been anti-cheesehead. Never quite understood it. But, my grandson was sporting this today:

Poor kid. Will have an inferiority complex before he can crawl
Quote Reply
Re: Gender reveal kills another [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
windywave wrote:
torrey wrote:

Or not caring?

We had two gender reveals for our two respective kids. We held them in the hospital and called them "giving birth."

Chapeau

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
windywave wrote:
torrey wrote:

Or not caring?

proper !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
windywave wrote:
torrey wrote:

Or not caring?

Nicely done. We did that 2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
windywave wrote:
torrey wrote:

Or not caring?

Exactly. People need to have their children and be done. This fire is not the first set by a couple of look-at-me clowns and my hope is that the punishment fits the crimes.

Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
windywave wrote:
JSA wrote:
windywave wrote:
torrey wrote:

Or not caring?

quoted for awesomeness!

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

The good thing is that Bears fans aren't insulted by it unless you read the words to them.
Quote Reply