Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Is there any real discussion about whether there should be a national mask mandate? [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fantastic, at least you are using a real life example.

Let's look at another real life example, The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally a month ago. This was supposed to be a super spreader event with ~400,000 people attending this with almost no masks or social distancing.

Let's look at the infection rate in the the US over the last month. Well I'll be, the infection rate in the US is down almost 30% over this same time, very interesting, how does this happen?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
Quote Reply
Re: Is there any real discussion about whether there should be a national mask mandate? [Big Endian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big Endian wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:
We never needed a mandate. What we needed was clear leadership. Instead we got the opposite. A President that refused to be seen with a mask. Someone would rip up social distancing stickers on seats to make his rally seem more crowded.
This. If the orange one had made mask wearing a matter of national pride and advanced the idea that the more masks get worn, the sooner you could all have been back to some semblance of normal interaction, then people would have taken care of things themselves.

This x1000. It’s so f’ing simple.
Quote Reply
Re: Is there any real discussion about whether there should be a national mask mandate? [TomkR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TomkR wrote:
Big Endian wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:
We never needed a mandate. What we needed was clear leadership. Instead we got the opposite. A President that refused to be seen with a mask. Someone would rip up social distancing stickers on seats to make his rally seem more crowded.

This. If the orange one had made mask wearing a matter of national pride and advanced the idea that the more masks get worn, the sooner you could all have been back to some semblance of normal interaction, then people would have taken care of things themselves.

I was saying this like a fucking broken record in March and April.

No leadership and the politicizing of a pandemic response. Despicable.
Quote Reply
Re: Is there any real discussion about whether there should be a national mask mandate? [TomkR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually it is not simple, look at how many states have had infection rates go up after they had mask mandates. Spend some time and look at all 50 states and see if you can see a trend that lines up with mask mandates, you will not see a trend. Also, do not do any cherry picking with the data to prove your case. I have shared this data a month ago and received all kinds of hate from it.

This is not a Trump or a Biden issue, it is called a natural progression of a virus working through the population. We now have over six months of data and the data shows masks are not biggest factor in controlling the infection rates, but you can keep drinking the kool aid if you like.
Quote Reply
Re: Is there any real discussion about whether there should be a national mask mandate? [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
TomkR wrote:
Big Endian wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:

I was saying this like a fucking broken record in March and April.

No leadership and the politicizing of a pandemic response. Despicable.

It was thanks to this forum back in early 2020 that I bought respirators on Amazon. We were out to dinner that night and Amazon came up so I told my wife and our friends. They all laughed at me. Well that ridicule ended quickly.

I also cant believe others DONT see it as that simple.
Quote Reply
Re: Is there any real discussion about whether there should be a national mask mandate? [gralden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gralden wrote:
Actually it is not simple, look at how many states have had infection rates go up after they had mask mandates. Spend some time and look at all 50 states and see if you can see a trend that lines up with mask mandates, you will not see a trend. Also, do not do any cherry picking with the data to prove your case. I have shared this data a month ago and received all kinds of hate from it.

This is not a Trump or a Biden issue, it is called a natural progression of a virus working through the population. We now have over six months of data and the data shows masks are not biggest factor in controlling the infection rates, but you can keep drinking the kool aid if you like.

Of course you won't see a correlation because mask mandate != mask compliance.

Mainly thanks to the anti-mask sentiment of the administration.
Quote Reply
Re: Is there any real discussion about whether there should be a national mask mandate? [gralden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gralden wrote:
Fantastic, at least you are using a real life example.

Let's look at another real life example, The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally a month ago. This was supposed to be a super spreader event with ~400,000 people attending this with almost no masks or social distancing.

Let's look at the infection rate in the the US over the last month. Well I'll be, the infection rate in the US is down almost 30% over this same time, very interesting, how does this happen?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

I've not followed the thread, only responding to this one point. The Sturgis rally is believed to have produced 250,000 additional cases.

Yes, there was a national drop after the rally, but if you look at the data, there is actually a bump in the downward trend, which to be honest doesn't really tell us much, but neither does the fact that the national trend went down when a specific event caused a spike relatively to those connected to the event.

Thoughts?

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Is there any real discussion about whether there should be a national mask mandate? [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to hear this woman's opinion on the subject.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply

Prev Next