Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trump /Biden & Joe Rogan 4hr cage match [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump outweighs Biden by 100+ or so and is a carny by trade.....louder and bigger (except next to Pooty). If that is criteria, Chris Farley (rip) would have made it to Prez.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
Why do people feel the need to have a fact checker and a moderator. Have a clock and when it hits zero mic is cut. Candidates fact check each other. Simplicity and purity

Asked and answered. With two normal human beings, go for it.

With one normal human being and Trump? It's pointless.

Can you expand on what can only be interpreted as Trump is a superhuman debater? I feel he'd drown in his own lies personally

It's not that I think Trump is a superhuman debater I just think that it won't change anyone opinions.

Trump lies. Biden shows how Trump is lying. Big deal? Biden is part of the deep state, of course he's going to say that Trump is lying. Everything he just told us about how Trump is Lying is obviously fake news.

So at the end everyone who loves Trump will go on about what a great debate he had and everyone else will shake their heads and wonder what the hell happened to those other people.

No different than today.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Sep 14, 20 11:43
Quote Reply
Re: Trump /Biden & Joe Rogan 4hr cage match [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
Why do people feel the need to have a fact checker and a moderator. Have a clock and when it hits zero mic is cut. Candidates fact check each other. Simplicity and purity

Asked and answered. With two normal human beings, go for it.

With one normal human being and Trump? It's pointless.

Can you expand on what can only be interpreted as Trump is a superhuman debater? I feel he'd drown in his own lies personally

It's not that I think Trump is a superhuman debater I just think that it won't change anyone opinions.

Trump lies. Biden shows how Trump is lying. Big deal? Biden is part of the deep state, of course he's going to say that Trump is lying. Everything he just told us about how Trump is Lying is obviously fake news.

So at the end everyone who loves Trump will go on about what a great debate he had and everyone else will shake their heads and wonder what the hell happened to those other people.

No different than today.

So why the need for a moderator and a fact checker?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A perceive independent fact checker, in theory, might possibly make a difference. Unlikely but possibly. Mostly unlikely.

I just wish the election was tomorrow because people aren't going to change their minds at this point.

I mean Trump just admitted on tape that he lied about Covid to the country and it made no difference.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Trump /Biden & Joe Rogan 4hr cage match [Constantine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two moderators: Rogan and Carolla. Rogan to keep the conversation rolling, Carolla to call out the bullshit and pin them to the mat when the spin starts.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Constantine wrote:
Unfortunately it won’t happen but I would pay money to see that.

President Trump on Monday jumped on an offer from mixed martial arts commentator and Spotify podcast host Joe Rogan to moderate a four-hour debate with former Vice President Joe Biden.
“I do,” Trump responded on Twitter to a post from Tim Kennedy, a retired MMA fighter.
“On my podcast with @joerogan he offered to moderate a debate between @JoeBiden and @realDonaldTrump It would be four hours with no live audience. Just the two candidates, cameras, and their vision of how to move this country forward.
Rogan said that to avoid the bias in the media, he’d be happy to moderate a debate between Biden and Trump.
“First of all, I want no one else in the room, just the three of us, and you’d have to stream it live so no one can edit it, and I would want them in there for hours,” Rogan said.
“If they wanted to do that – they both wanted to come here in Austin, sit down and have a debate – I would 100% do it,” he continued.

The real question is could Rogan get through 4 hours without bringing up DMT?
Quote Reply
Re: Trump /Biden & Joe Rogan 4hr cage match [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
Constantine wrote:

President Trump on Monday jumped on an offer from mixed martial arts commentator and Spotify podcast host Joe Rogan to moderate a four-hour debate with former Vice President Joe Biden.
“I do,” Trump responded on Twitter to a post from Tim Kennedy, a retired MMA fighter.
“On my podcast with @joerogan he offered to moderate a debate between @JoeBiden and @realDonaldTrump It would be four hours with no live audience. Just the two candidates, cameras, and their vision of how to move this country forward.
Rogan said that to avoid the bias in the media, he’d be happy to moderate a debate between Biden and Trump.
“First of all, I want no one else in the room, just the three of us, and you’d have to stream it live so no one can edit it, and I would want them in there for hours,” Rogan said.
“If they wanted to do that – they both wanted to come here in Austin, sit down and have a debate – I would 100% do it,” he continued.

Oh 100% 😉
Maybe a micro dose for Joe B might be helpful to make his speech be more fluid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

Who fact checks the fact checkers?
Quote Reply
Re: Trump /Biden & Joe Rogan 4hr cage match [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Doesn't Joe Rogan believe the moon landings were fake?

No

When did he discover reality?

I don't know, it was years ago though.

What I love about Rogan is he's a truth seeker; he'll have on a wide range of guests with so many different areas of expertise and beliefs and let them say their truth, some of which he ascribes to some of which he doesn't. His opinions on so many subjects has changed over time, because he's talking to many experts with different opinions, and he shapes his own beliefs from that information. He knows he's just a dumb MMA host and says it all the time, but he wants to learn and grow and has on a ton of really interesting guests, some of whom may be full of shit but he gives them a chance to tell their story and the listeners can make up their mind.

He's hosted a few debate-type discussions n the past, I found this one to be fascinating:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0zgNY_kqlI

In a previous interview he had Chris Kresser on and he pretty well tore apart Game Changers. But it was clear when James Wilks was on that Kresser was totally out of his depth.

Rogan isn't going to push back a ton, he's just interested in talking about what his guest is an expert in, or famous for. Let the listeners decide.

I don't agree with this at all. It seems like every time when a guest could be pressed, he backs off. The interview that tipped it for me was Ted Nugent. Nugent came on and talked about the military and how he's this huge supporter and works with wounded vets, etc. That is very admirable and I'm glad he does it but Rogan never once asked about his past and how to reconcile the two. All Rogan wanted to do was talk about hunting.

Rogan may voice an opinion but I haven't heard him press anyone to their face. If I'm incorrect, please steer me to where he has pressed a guest and I'll listen and potentially change my opinion but so far, I haven't heard it.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah sure why not. I want to see what both of them are made of.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Constantine wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Constantine wrote:

Oh 100% 😉
Maybe a micro dose for Joe B might be helpful to make his speech be more fluid.

This is where I start to wonder about you. You talk of Biden's speech being more fluid, have you listened to Trump speak for only a minute on any topic and finish with that same topic. He is all over the place and your cognitive dissonance about it is stunning.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maybe they can all smoke a J, hug it out, and talk through a complete paragraph, with fully formed sentences.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump /Biden & Joe Rogan 4hr cage match [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
Thanks, I will listen to some of his jock interviews and the occasional other. I got drift he was more conservative than that. If he interviewed Yang I’ll check out. Trump has more stamina from lectern. But Joe more decent human, probably not as quick on recall plus Trump doesn’t need facts, he is excellent at unchecked bs. I’d like Joe describe his criteria for cabinet types. Trump of late only requires loyalty. Still waiting on tax returns.

He also supported Ron Paul and said he would vote Trump over Biden. IOW, he is all over the map. Kind of like you would expect a comedian/MMA commentator to be.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd pay to watch a 3-4 hr debate as Rogan described.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump /Biden & Joe Rogan 4hr cage match [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weird coincidence, but yesterday AM I rode my mountain bike (or any bike) for the first time since February. I used to listen to JRE on my solo rides and also hadn't listened to him since Feb. I rarely listen to episodes with comedians as I prefer the academics and field experts because of the insightful research. Fired up #1519 with former CIA Mike Baker, who is a regular guest, and it only took a couple of minutes before JR went all hydroxycholoroquine is awesome and the only reason it isn't used is because Trump said it was awesome. He went on to spew more conspiracies while offering no evidence, all while railing against a biased media for not investigating enough leads to come up with concrete evidence. I finally had to turn it off. It wasn't why I listen to him. Hope he hasn't completely devolved into that type of person on all his casts.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump /Biden & Joe Rogan 4hr cage match [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Weird coincidence, but yesterday AM I rode my mountain bike (or any bike) for the first time since February. I used to listen to JRE on my solo rides and also hadn't listened to him since Feb. I rarely listen to episodes with comedians as I prefer the academics and field experts because of the insightful research. Fired up #1519 with former CIA Mike Baker, who is a regular guest, and it only took a couple of minutes before JR went all hydroxycholoroquine is awesome and the only reason it isn't used is because Trump said it was awesome. He went on to spew more conspiracies while offering no evidence, all while railing against a biased media for not investigating enough leads to come up with concrete evidence. I finally had to turn it off. It wasn't why I listen to him. Hope he hasn't completely devolved into that type of person on all his casts.

I don't listen to him regularly but my impression over the last couple of years is he has veered in the direction of being a conspiracy whacko.
Quote Reply

Prev Next