Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who will win the swing states (Update week of 9/27) [Erin C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope the senate race goes the same direction too. Looks pretty good right now.
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win the swing states (***UPDATED*** week of 10/4) [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you need to add texas to your list of states up in the air

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win the swing states (***UPDATED*** week of 10/4) [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would require over an 800k voter swing. I just can't see that happening. I would need to see more states much more blue now than they currently are. If Texas goes blue or is even close, this race isn't even a question.
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win the swing states (Update week of 9/27) [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in Michigan and live in an area that leans heavily Trump. Following the NY Times report on his taxes, I noted that many of my neighbors have quietly removed their Trump 2020 flags and/or yard signs. I'm not rabidly focused on politics, so it would take a lot of the signs/flags to come down to get my attention, but my wife noticed the same thing. This is totally anecdotal, and I don't have enough information to make any conclusions based on these observations, other than to share and say, "huh, I wonder what is going on"?
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win the swing states (Update week of 9/27) [Kentcart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kentcart wrote:
I am in Michigan and live in an area that leans heavily Trump. Following the NY Times report on his taxes, I noted that many of my neighbors have quietly removed their Trump 2020 flags and/or yard signs. I'm not rabidly focused on politics, so it would take a lot of the signs/flags to come down to get my attention, but my wife noticed the same thing. This is totally anecdotal, and I don't have enough information to make any conclusions based on these observations, other than to share and say, "huh, I wonder what is going on"?

Embarrassment. That won't change their vote though.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win the swing states [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
You probably should include Minnesota in the list. My take:

Michigan: Biden
North Carolina: Trump
All others: toss-ups

Biden wins the national vote by 3%, but the EC could be very close.

Personal viewpoint, barring a gigantic gaffe by Biden, I think that weariness with 4 years of Trumpy-ness (along with a large list of failures and history of division) will lead to a very high turnout, a small tailwind for Biden on election day, and a decent-sized win for Biden.

Okay, updating. New poll numbers are out and it looks like Trump's "Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week" has created an unmistakable stench of failure that more people can smell. Still close, but early voting is locking in a strong advantage. Barring a major shift, I predict that Biden sweeps "must win" battleground states (MN, WI, MI, PA) and challenges in a lot of long shot states.
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win the swing states [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All the evidence would suggest this.

Looking at the polling, the direction the numbers are going, and how small of a voter margin Trump won in 16 by I cannot see him winning this election.

But it is Trump and he always finds a way. I just hope this is the end for him.

I would like to be able to identify with the Republican Party again sometime.
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win the swing states [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
907Tri wrote:
All the evidence would suggest this.

Looking at the polling, the direction the numbers are going, and how small of a voter margin Trump won in 16 by I cannot see him winning this election.

But it is Trump and he always finds a way. I just hope this is the end for him.

I would like to be able to identify with the Republican Party again sometime.

You can't declare bankruptcy during an election.

Besides choosing his parents wisely he found a way once. And that took a confluence of a lot of things that were beyond his control.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win the swing states [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Updated for this week.

Mail-in ballots have officially started coming in. This means if the polls change at all towards Trump it will have less of an impact each day going forward.

With the COVID fallout, debate cancellation, more GOP falling off the bandwagon, and his little paid rally yesterday I think he is in freewill at this point.

Almost at the point anything that BIG happens in Trumps favor won't swing the needle enough for him anymore...but we still have 23 days of uneasiness to get through.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bigger issue will be if he can actually pull of something underhanded. He's already said many times that if he loses he plans to challenge the election results, and the courts are stacked in his favor.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win the swing states [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Secret Service will happily show his ass the door if he has clearly lost. If it's a close election I would very much expect both sides to challenge the results.
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win the swing states [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hasn’t trump said he would contest any result that he isn’t the winner?
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win the swing states [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wouldn’t it be contested by state courts first?

GOP controls Wisconsin, but I believe Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Florida all have dems controlling their state courts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My bigger concern is the angle where the swing states’ legislators determine that the vote is “unfair” [insert reason why here] and appoint electors regardless of the popular vote, and cast the EC votes for Trump

I think courts are a dead end
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win the swing states [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Updated for the week.

The more states Biden flips the harder it becomes for Trump. Also time will be a bigger factor.

Still not looking goof for Trump, but it some states the gap is closing just as it did for Clinton in 16.

We have one more debate for Trump to really gain ground, then it's just campaigning to mud-slinging his opponent.

If this relief bill passes before the election that might give Trump one last edge of hope, but I think something BIG needs to happen in this favor this week otherwise he might be DOA. The early vote is taking more minds away from any last change in mind decision.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I read 27 million early votes as of this morning. That’s 20 percent or so of 2016 totals
Quote Reply

Prev Next