Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How many stages in vaccine testing? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Let's not forget that they are already producing some of these vaccines, hoping they make it through their last trial. I heard Fauci say that there would be 100's of millions of doses already in the hopper once it gets final approval. If not, then I guess they shit can the whole bunch. I guess that is what the couple billion the govt just gave one company is for, so that we get the first round of doses before the world needs billions of them. Now that apparently will take awhile..

And I heard on one of them advancing to #3, that they are going to 30k folks now? It seems the 45 in the first trial were mostly younger and healthier folks, seems like they need to add older, obese, and pre condition folks to capture how it will really work in the US..

Or at a minimum scaling up to be able to produce them right away. Lonza, contracted to manufacture the Moderna vaccine, will be ready to produce it in December, and able to ramp up to potentially 1B doses per year.
Quote Reply
Re: How many stages in vaccine testing? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
And I heard on one of them advancing to #3, that they are going to 30k folks now? It seems the 45 in the first trial were mostly younger and healthier folks, seems like they need to add older, obese, and pre condition folks to capture how it will really work in the US..

Inclusion Criteria:

Participants who are at high risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection, defined as adults whose locations or circumstances put them at appreciable risk of exposure to SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19.

Understands and agrees to comply with the study procedures and provides written informed consent.

0Able to comply with study procedures based on the assessment of the Investigator.

Female participants of non-childbearing potential may be enrolled in the study. Non-childbearing potential is defined as surgically sterile (history of bilateral tubal ligation, bilateral oophorectomy, hysterectomy) or postmenopausal (defined as amenorrhea for ≥12 consecutive months prior to Screening without an alternative medical cause). A follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) level may be measured at the discretion of the Investigator to confirm postmenopausal status.

Female participants of childbearing potential may be enrolled in the study if the participant fulfills all the following criteria:
Has a negative pregnancy test at Screening and on the day of the first dose (Day 1).
Has practiced adequate contraception or has abstained from all activities that could result in pregnancy for at least 28 days prior to the first dose (Day 1).
Has agreed to continue adequate contraception through 3 months following the second dose on Day 29.
Is not currently breastfeeding.

Male participants engaging in activity that could result in pregnancy of sexual partners must agree to practice adequate contraception and refrain from sperm donation from the time of the first dose and through 3 months after the second dose.

Healthy adults or adults with pre-existing medical conditions who are in stable condition. A stable medical condition is defined as disease not requiring significant change in therapy or hospitalization for worsening disease during the 3 months before enrollment.

Sexes Eligible for Study: All
Ages 18 Years and older (Adult, Older Adult)

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How many stages in vaccine testing? [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The idea that these vaccines might have some long term serious consequence is bonkers given the short term serious consequences

In my county and the one beside me, there hasn't been one death with the virus and for the last 3 months, there isn't a single active case.

I'm not convinced that there are short term serious consequences which is why I have serious doubts in taking a vaccine that is rushed through production so a drug company can make billons of dollars. Maybe I'm skeptical but when there is that kind of money involved, I don't trust the drug companies to do the right thing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next