Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How many times have you thought you have had covid? [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never. I'm very cautious (masks, distancing, isolation) and healthy. I haven't had a even a cold or the flu in a decade or more.
Quote Reply
Re: How many times have you thought you have had covid? [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
drew_235 wrote:
Once, and I'll let you know if I was right when I get my test results back next weekend. I don't have a fever, but I have pretty much every other symptom on the list.

Me too. Waiting for my test results. It’s been 10 days and they still didn’t give me the results!

If you're still symptomatic I'd go get another test. I had the results of my own test within 8 hours. Friends or friends of friends that have been tested have all had their results within 24 hours.
Quote Reply
Re: How many times have you thought you have had covid? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
jharris wrote:
drew_235 wrote:
Once, and I'll let you know if I was right when I get my test results back next weekend. I don't have a fever, but I have pretty much every other symptom on the list.

Me too. Waiting for my test results. It’s been 10 days and they still didn’t give me the results!

If you're still symptomatic I'd go get another test. I had the results of my own test within 8 hours. Friends or friends of friends that have been tested have all had their results within 24 hours.

What state/area do you live in with this kind of turn around? I'm in MN, home of the Mayo clinic, and I was told that I should expect my results to be on the long side of the estimated range, but it may take a solid week. Mine was an oral PCR test kit and I just kind of assumed that the nucleic acid replication took a couple days, regardless.

-------------
"Life is fragile - we are all just a slip or a car crash away from being a very different person."
Quote Reply
Re: How many times have you thought you have had covid? [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A few weeks ago my wife lost her sense of smell and got tested and it came back as positive. Her only other symptom was some fatigue which started a couple days earlier (which could also have been due to the our 9 month old not sleeping great). Though she said looking back she thinks maybe she got short of breath more easily than usual. But none of the other 8 symptoms on the CDC’s list. She got her smell back about 7 days into her 14 day mask wearing quarantine in our guest bedroom.

So I’ve been paranoid about each little thing going on in my body thinking in could be covid. Haven’t had any symptoms until yesterday (17 days since my wife’s test) I started getting a sore throat and some congestion. The baby is a bit congested as well. Thinking (hoping?) it‘s a common cold (my daughter picks these up on a monthly basis) since we don’t have any other symptoms. But it does illustrate how this could get tricky in the fall since so many of the COVID symptoms are non-specific and similar to allergies or a common cold.

We’re on vacation isolated in a cabin on the lake in the woods for another week. But if things persist until Monday might have to get tested to make sure I’m not carrying and spreading anything.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: How many times have you thought you have had covid? [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i was convinced i had it in late Jan/early Feb after a trip through 4 airports to North Carolina and back. Similar symptoms to your husband - a horrible, uncontrollable dry cough that would not go away, and kept me awake half the night - then felt weak and unable to exercise for a few weeks afterwards. Wife went to the docs with breathing problems and was given an albuterol inhaler. No covid in the area at the time and not tested.

Had an antibody test last weekend and it was negative. No idea how the LOD on the commercial test compares to anticipated antibody levels at least 5 months after the infection - but the most likely explanation is i probably had something else.
Quote Reply
Re: How many times have you thought you have had covid? [Adelaide67] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wanted to thank you for your dedication! I have 2 nieces that are ICU nurses working in C19 units. Tough job right now-Thank you.

I, myself, work in health care/ direct patient care in a hospital setting-I daily think " is today the day I bring the bitch home to my husband and myself?"
The fear is real. There are days I sit on the edge of the bed and have to talk myself into getting ready to head to the hospital. I have never been fearful at work, ever. But I am now!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least once. I'm self employed and have had an employee test positive. Haven't shown any symptoms but went last Friday for the nasal swab test. Results came back this past Monday as negative.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
None - I check the Pulse Ox on my watch just to make sure and it has always been solid in the 90s.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Once, both the wife and I. 3 different doctors are convinced we had it but it would have been exceptionally early so I am not near as convinced.

Cough that would not go away with thick gooey flem. Fever. I lost smell and taste completely. Felt like death warmed over for a couple/few weeks.

If it wasn't the 'rona it was some other unknown bug as we tested negative for flu at the time and it was different from anything else I have ever had.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: How many times have you thought you have had covid? [cayenne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you to you too! I agree with you, I was never really afraid to go to work before covid. I have experienced anxiety with tough patients or Code situations but nothing like this. I also get worried I could get it and give it to my husband and that seems to bother me more than the thought of getting it myself. But we just plow on, I try to be careful with the PPE and not stress. Many days this is easier said than done.
We are spiking here in my town, Reno NV with no end in sight right no . We also lost one of our own, an RN who I worked with for many years she left my hospital and went to work at the VA. She died in April as did many other VA employees.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
long time lurker posting here...

i constantly thought i had covid from april through june. i am a hypochondriac, and even though my wife and i were essentially completely isolated beginning at the lockdown in march through may, it was still very scary. however, i really had no true symptoms. i once lost my taste because i ate some of my wife's amazing matzo ball soup that was too hot and burned my tongue. obviously that was covid to me. i did some outdoor solo rides which would irritate my nose for a day. also thought that was covid. and the general anxiety of working from home with a pregnant wife during a pandemic led to many nights of general anxiety while i was trying to sleep. definitely thought that was covid. however, within a day of those symptoms appearing and disappearing, i realized i was fine. but...

i am a numbers guy, and track the data in my state pretty thoroughly. looking at deaths and hospitalizations relative to cases, particularly recently led me to believe that covid was likely already raging here in february and march pre lockdown. and i was actually sick late february and early march. at the time, i had assumed it was allergies and a down immune system - i was finishing up a pretty intense training block prepping for race season, so that made sense to me. but it didn't go away as allergies normal do. it lasted a little over a week - headache, runny nose, sore throat, fatigue, and i believe fever but not sure. i kept training and going to work because i am kind of a caveman about illness. but, i looked back to my normal allergy bouts in the past in my training log, and those took place in may and june, not march. hmmmm... my wife was sick at that time too, we had assumed due to pregnancy. she had nausea, extreme fatigue, and felt bad generally. that got me thinking.

i ended up going in for an antibody test two weeks ago. it was a (relatively) legit setup at the hospital with a full blood draw - not one of the finger prick take home tests. results came back positive. from what i gather, i think there is a 90-95% change that i had covid based on this. it was either the first sickness in late february/march or i had it later and was almost completely asymptomatic, or the test popped a false positive.

so for my n=1 case, it wasn't very bad assuming that I truly had it. i am 36, in pretty physical good health, and don't have any risk factors that i know of. i have continued to ride long z2 and some some sprinkled z3 stuff, but nothing too intense. i would like to do an ekg once things settle down before i start race training again. i love to bike, but want to see my kid born more than i want to win races. :)

tl;dr version: i thought i had it multiple times, but the time when i most likely had it, i didn't think it was covid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its not so much that I ever thought I had it but more so to "I can't believe that I didn't contracted it"

Depending on when it was that thought to be first in the States, from November to end of February I was in Las Vegas twice for large conferences, attended an NFL game (outdoors), several NCAA basketball games, flew at least 6 times, stayed in several hotels, holiday gatherings, going to the gym, yoga, etc
Last edited by: SayHey Kid: Jul 25, 20 6:46
Quote Reply

Prev Next