Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Nearly a third of Florida kids under 18 that were tested were positive for COVID [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Covid is just getting started. Too many people are acting like it's over. Let's wait until we have some full statistics to compare.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Nearly a third of Florida kids under 18 tested positive for COVID [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Let’s see if this isn’t a reporting error first. There has been numerous mistakes made by the state in data reporting even though the various hospitals etc have sent correct data.

THIS, well because Florida has had some errors as of late. Areas reporting 100%, 88% positive when the actuals where 8-7% (still not great) but worlds different then 80-100%
Quote Reply
Re: Nearly a third of Florida kids under 18 tested positive for COVID [KKG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See my answer to BarryP in the who's lying CDC/Politicians thread...
Quote Reply
Re: Nearly a third of Florida kids under 18 tested positive for COVID [KKG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KKG wrote:
Francois wrote:
Let’s see if this isn’t a reporting error first. There has been numerous mistakes made by the state in data reporting even though the various hospitals etc have sent correct data.

THIS, well because Florida has had some errors as of late. Areas reporting 100%, 88% positive when the actuals where 8-7% (still not great) but worlds different then 80-100%

What I've found interesting about many of those "errors" is that quite frequently they have literally been off by a decimal place. As in "99%" instead "9.9%".
Quote Reply
Re: Nearly a third of Florida kids under 18 tested positive for COVID [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The state has also argued that the hospitals sent them wrong information only to then hear the hospitals say that they provided correct information that was then reported poorly by the state. In the case of Orlando Health for instance, they shared 9.4pct and the state reported 98pct. Lee Health hospital systems shared 14pct and the state reported 100pct.
Quote Reply
Re: Nearly a third of Florida kids under 18 tested positive for COVID [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
H- wrote:
And the positives are saying to each other, "crap now we have no excuse not to go back to school in the fall."

Will they teach each other?

They could study together with a hired tutor possibly one that has antibodies. I know parents that are discussing hiring their own teacher collectively. I guess there is less of a risk if your kid already had it.

I wouldn’t put a 100% faith in it, but it’s not my battle
Quote Reply
Re: Nearly a third of Florida kids under 18 tested positive for COVID [Razz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Razz wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
H- wrote:
And the positives are saying to each other, "crap now we have no excuse not to go back to school in the fall."

Will they teach each other?

They could study together with a hired tutor possibly one that has antibodies. I know parents that are discussing hiring their own teacher collectively. I guess there is less of a risk if your kid already had it.

I wouldn’t put a 100% faith in it, but it’s not my battle

Not necessarily a bad idea actually. It would allow parents to decide on the social bubble, limit unnecessary interactions, and facilitate tracing if someone got sick. The issue of course is that this is a solution that works for those who are financially in good shape, and leaves out a lot of folks who cannot afford this approach.
Quote Reply

Prev Next