Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
Your line, “I am not as outraged...” is bullshit. You’ve commented over and over in this thread. You’re position is that this person whose primary job functions include communicating with the public chose to lead with “these people hate america,” because he wants to have an honest debate about opening schools.

And you are confused about why WW was banned. Your misuse of the word “crude,” aside, it wasnt because Dan doesn’t appreciate his sense of humor. It is because letting shit like that slide is exactly why you don’t blink when a senator insinuates that people who don’t want schools open hate America. That has become so easy for you that it goes right past you.

letting shit like this slide? are you kidding? everyone on this forum whose not as deranged as blep and kay are "ballwashers" you think for one second dan would have let that stand if every thread had obama ballwasher from 2008 on?
Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Windy and I PMed today. He said sorry. I’m sure he read my apologies. I said sorry too. He also said I can tell him to go fuck off anytime and that he’s thick skinned and I told him well I’m hot headed.
So it may happen again. But I’ll still try to double check my biases.

And I hope this fucking year improves. Especially with my daughter arriving in the world in just two months.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You don’t have to make that weird you know.
Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [tritimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tritimmy wrote:
Francois wrote:
I talked with a good friend of mine and fairly regular contributor to the LR this morning. And his assessment was that: my title misrepresented the statements made by Sen. Kennedy and that you and others were correct to call me for it. I went back to reading the thread and I do agree. I was wrong and I apologize for this.
Maybe I get Trump fatigue, and just saw his comments and took them as more gaslighting Trump style. Maybe I get just covid fatigue for looking at the damn data all the time at work. Either way, even though my intent was not to misrepresent what he said, I realize that I saw this with a very thick anti-conservative bias. In the future, I will try to be maybe less quick to type, and try to not post when I'm pissed at the situation we are in.
So, I do apologize, and thank the couple of you (you, yeeper for instance) who took the time to call me out on it, albeit in a fair manner, and helped me see my errors.

That took some testicular fortitude Francois. Not many have the ability to apologize here. +10 man points for you.....much respect.

Amen to that. So many people on here will plant their sword in the ground and die on it to defend what they said/their argument. I don't read every posts on here but I'm not sure I've ever seen someone directly come out and apologize like this. I have huge respect for your move sir!!!

And Slowman, thank you for bringing WW back. I'm very glad our Canadian friends don't mind the jabs because the banter back and forth is some of the most entertaining in the LR
Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Windy and I PMed today. He said sorry. I’m sure he read my apologies. I said sorry too. He also said I can tell him to go fuck off anytime and that he’s thick skinned and I told him well I’m hot headed.
So it may happen again. But I’ll still try to double check my biases.

And I hope this fucking year improves. Especially with my daughter arriving in the world in just two months.

My man, thats amazing, congrats!! Your year will automatically be better because of her. Keep her away from the lavender room for the love of god.
Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With a two year old a new born, work and some training in between it’s safe to say I’ll be gone for a little while.
Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
Your line, “I am not as outraged...” is bullshit. You’ve commented over and over in this thread. You’re position is that this person whose primary job functions include communicating with the public chose to lead with “these people hate america,” because he wants to have an honest debate about opening schools.

And you are confused about why WW was banned. Your misuse of the word “crude,” aside, it wasnt because Dan doesn’t appreciate his sense of humor. It is because letting shit like that slide is exactly why you don’t blink when a senator insinuates that people who don’t want schools open hate America. That has become so easy for you that it goes right past you.

Oh my god, let this go, man. Seriously, is reading comprehension evaporating into thin air? I was not as outraged at his quote. I dont get outraged by things, especially not things on this forum. I kept commenting to argue against a position that was outraged by it, which by the way the OP has basically recanted. Holy crap I feel like Im in the twilight zone.

My position was that he wasnt giving the middle finger to the teachers. Which, again, has been recanted. Nowhere did I give a position on why he chose to lead with anything. I was defending the lack of a “fuck you” claim all thread long. Now in the tangent that I decided to entertain, I mentioned something that Slowguy introduced early on in the the thread, which is that the senator did say he would entertain honest rationale for closure. Now whether you fucking believe him or not is not my problem. He said it. You have to disprove it. Its your issue, not mine. I wasnt holding a position that he chose any words for a reason, other than to identify a group that may or may not exist. You guys are impossible on this.

And what the hell are you talking about with my thoughts on Windy’s ban? Youre getting too wrapped up in this. I apparently struck a nerve somehow, Im sorry man. But you just said yourself “letting shit like that slide...” aaand thats my point. Dan lets all kinda of shit slide, including all of the Canada talk. So this one made me scratch my head. Me politely asking Dan what that was all aboot is between me and Dan. So take a chill pill. Buy me a thesaurus if you dont like how I used the word crude. I forgot we are graded on grammar here.

Seriously, let this go. Im tired of going in circles. And Francois just announced he’s having a baby (well I just found out anyway). So let this thread go, please.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeeper wrote:
Now in the tangent that I decided to entertain, I mentioned something that Slowguy introduced early on in the the thread, which is that the senator did say he would entertain honest rationale for closure. Now whether you fucking believe him or not is not my problem. He said it. You have to disprove it. Its your issue, not mine. I wasnt holding a position that he chose any words for a reason, other than to identify a group that may or may not exist. You guys are impossible on this.rgot we are graded on grammar here.

Just to be clear, this is what aj and I are saying. You defended Kennedy’s desire for rational discourse. You believe that he was being an honest broker. We are saying that his opening that “these people hate America,” shows he’s not being an honest broker, just as he’s not when he’s accusing many of those concerned about the health of kids and staff as only doing so for political gain. Also not being an honest broker. So yes, there’s your evidence that disproves he was being honest. And that’s the point. You should demand better of our elected officials. And again, you weren’t just being ambivalent to this issue (as you suggest above), you were defending him.

Your quotes:

“...its pretty clear to see he supports decisions made in good faith, while at the same time telling people to kiss his ass if the decisions are made unethically.“

“What is wrong with [Kennedy] wanting people to be grounded and use sound logic?”

“Yes, I believe he genuinely thinks those people should kiss his ass and instead he wants to have legitimate discussions on legitimate pros and cons.”

At this time in our country we all need to be holding our elected officials, of both parties, to a higher standard. That’s the bottom line.
Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh my god guys, let this gooo. If anyone is keeping record here, I would like to see this thread fall off the front page. Cmon, we could have ended with the baby thing.

Kay, the senator said “I think some are liking the chaos because they thing it gives them a political advantage.”

My entire argument has been that those people actually do exist and thats who he was referring to.

And are you saying that because he called some people out that hes not living up to the higher standard? Because you dont think they exist?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, you’re right. They’re everywhere and they hate America.

McCarthyism at its best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

McCarthyism at its best.

FFs, now you sound like Francois’s OP. Nobody in this thread ever said anything like that.

WTF is wrong with people in this thread?

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

McCarthyism at its best.

https://m.youtube.com/...amp;feature=youtu.be

Im leaving this here and then Im done with this thread. You guys tried calling me out because I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.

“I think some are liking the chaos because they think it gives them a political advantage.”

That ad is from a leading “democratic think tank” and literally (literally!) ends with “chaos has a price” after a woman recounts her story of losing her job. I found this in the Washington Post, Kay. Yet you take issue with what I said about giving him the benefit of the doubt?!

You guys should take a lesson from Francois. Youre the only ones still grasping at straws here in this thread. I give you ad add campaign with almost 90k followers, from a large left-leaning publication, which ends with “chaos has a price.”

But you’re right, no democrats are using the pandemic for political gain. Noone is using Trump’s chaos for political gain. And even if they did they wouldnt use those words publicly hahaha...oh wait...

I dont even want to stick around and see how you can ignore this ad or find more straws to grasp at. Although maybe ajthomas will take issue with the fact that I just ended a sentence with a preposition. How crude of me.

Seriously, Im done with this.
Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

McCarthyism at its best.

FFs, now you sound like Francois’s OP. Nobody in this thread ever said anything like that.

Well Yeeper just did in the post below yours. But mainly I was referring to Kennedy’s comment that “these people hate America.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeeper wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

McCarthyism at its best.

https://m.youtube.com/...amp;feature=youtu.be

Im leaving this here and then Im done with this thread. You guys tried calling me out because I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.

“I think some are liking the chaos because they think it gives them a political advantage.”

That ad is from a leading “democratic think tank” and literally (literally!) ends with “chaos has a price” after a woman recounts her story of losing her job. I found this in the Washington Post, Kay. Yet you take issue with what I said about giving him the benefit of the doubt?!

You guys should take a lesson from Francois. Youre the only ones still grasping at straws here in this thread. I give you ad add campaign with almost 90k followers, from a large left-leaning publication, which ends with “chaos has a price.”

But you’re right, no democrats are using the pandemic for political gain. Noone is using Trump’s chaos for political gain. And even if they did they wouldnt use those words publicly hahaha...oh wait...

I dont even want to stick around and see how you can ignore this ad or find more straws to grasp at. Although maybe ajthomas will take issue with the fact that I just ended a sentence with a preposition. How crude of me.

Seriously, Im done with this.

I don’t see how those people are trying to perpetuate the situation intentionally for political gain. I think they’re saying that the chaos this country is in is bad and we need new leadership. Pretty sure that doesn’t mean they hate America. Try again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

McCarthyism at its best.

Well Yeeper just did in the post below yours. But mainly I was referring to Kennedy’s comment that “these people hate America.”

No, Yeeper did not say that people who hate America are everywhere. Do you not know the meanings of the words you type, or do you just n to care if you're telling the truth?

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: LA Senator to Teachers: they can kiss my ass [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

McCarthyism at its best.

No, Yeeper did not say that people who hate America are everywhere. Do you not know the meanings of the words you type, or do you just n to care if you're telling the truth?

First, I was being obviously hyperbolic in my sarcasm, which is obvious. So don’t get all preachy about truth. Second, Yeeper refers to 90k followers of that ad campaign as evidence of all the people who, according to him, want to intentionally create chaos in our society for political gain, so that’s quite a lot.

Look, my point has always been that Kennedy was not being an honest broker in the debate. And my point to Yeeper was that we should all hold our politicians to a higher standard, especially in this incredibly difficult time for our country. But he didn’t want to call out Kennedy, by instead kept saying we should give him the benefit of the doubt, and also he kept challenging me in my assertion that, if anything, there is only a tiny fringe minority who might want schools closed (when they could otherwise be open) for the sole purpose of political gain. Personally I’ve not seen any evidence of that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the party of honest brokers...

https://www.cnn.com/...y-schools/index.html
Quote Reply

Prev Next