Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pulisic
Quote | Reply
This guy has more quality than Donovan and Dempsey combined. Barring injury or loss of focus he's going to be the best U.S. outfield player in history.
Quote Reply
Re: Pulisic [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
This guy has more quality than Donovan and Dempsey combined. Barring injury or loss of focus he's going to be the best U.S. outfield player in history.

From your lips to god's ears. I recall the story when Tab Ramos was walking passed a random field at a showcase and he spotted a pipsqueak dominating in center mid and tearing up kids twice his size. Turns out it Pulisic playing up a few years back in his youth days before heading to Germany. Talent shines through.

However, I might tap the brakes when discussing Clint. There is only one Deuce, never to be replaced. Pulisic may have more skill but Clint could drop and throw fists after he scored on you if needed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm really looking forward to watching him continue to grow/progress. Been fun up to this point!
Quote Reply
Re: Pulisic [SDG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
...Clint could drop and throw fists after he scored on you if needed.
You are joking, right???
Quote Reply
Re: Pulisic [sonofdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sonofdad wrote:
Quote:

You are joking, right???

Not at all. We talking about the same Clint Dempsey? Guy played with a chip on his shoulder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How many times did this occur? Not just in Dempsey's career, but in that sport in general. A friend of mine calls it "kissball".
Hopefully you know I'm just giving you a hard time, as any rugby player would/should.
Quote Reply
Re: Pulisic [sonofdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sonofdad wrote:
How many times did this occur? Not just in Dempsey's career, but in that sport in general. A friend of mine calls it "kissball".
Hopefully you know I'm just giving you a hard time, as any rugby player would/should.

I misread your post. I agree it happens very rarely. But as soccer players go, Dempsey had a mean streak and it made him great for the USA.

I have no doubt Rugby players would laugh at a footballer trying to fight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:
sonofdad wrote:
Quote:

You are joking, right???

Not at all. We talking about the same Clint Dempsey? Guy played with a chip on his shoulder.

I agree, he always had a chip on his shoulder. My mind is still not made up on Dempsey, though. Depends on my mood when you ask me.

As far a Pulisic, he is definitely the real deal. I hope we don't squander him. I'm excited to see a few guys get healthy and get us as close to full force as possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:

Agreed with everything except the section emphasized above. A few years ago, I'd even have agreed with that portion, simply because there didn't seem to be anyone else challenging him as the best USMNT player ever.

Now he's got competition in the form of Giovanni Reyna. The latter, while still young, is quite promising. And yes, for those curious, he's the son of Claudio Reyna, the previous Captain America.

That said, I've been pleasantly surprised with how well Pulisic has coped with the physicality of the Premier League. To boot, his tangible production numbers (goals + assists + penalties drawn) have actually gone up this year, whereas he appeared to have been treading water the last two years at BvB.

If only they rid the MNT of nepotism and hire a competent coach...
Last edited by: echappist: Jul 14, 20 20:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He has been quite impressive since the restart, hard to believe he is still just 21.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply