Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Biden ad in Texas [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
are you worried about the employees of facebook? what about the employees of cartier? instead of cartier employees losing their jobs, cartier just stopped buying conflict gemstones. or the fishermen who're overfishing bluefin tuna into extinction? should we keep eating bluefin tuna in order to save fishermen's jobs?

I'm not boycotting Facebook or Cartier. And I'm not boycotting any specific seafood brands. That aside, those are different cases from boycotting a company based on the CEO or owner's political opinions.

I'm not criticizing your choice to boycott Goya foods. I'm just curious about the thought process behind boycotts, since it's not something I've ever really felt the need to engage in.

Quote:
john shnatter of papa johns was forced to resign. nike's ceo, mark parker, was forced to resign because of his proximity to the nike project. most recently it was adam neumann of wework. the employees of these brands are not in peril. only the management. a change of management is what will happen at goya foods. probably a change of ownership. probably a rethink about the sale to the carlyle group it chose not to pursue less than a year ago.

Understood. Just curious.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Biden ad in Texas [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with this. This is what I see here in WI as well. There are a few loud mouth Trumpies, but most just keep to themselves. If Biden gives our state the attention that Clinton did, it’s his to lose
Quote Reply
Re: Biden ad in Texas [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:

Cultural appropriation!

I know you're just kidding, but Enrique Gonzalez Sr., the founder of Vallarta Supermarkets, immigrated to the U.S. in the 60's and worked the fields. His son is now President and CEO.

That's not appropriation.
Quote Reply

Prev Next