Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? July 6 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 6 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
this week's goal is to get in a bunch of bike miles - I am flying to Maine on Saturday (as long as my COVID test tomorrow comes back negative) and I have better riding here (in terms of the fact that it's car-free). Oh, and keep up the healthy coping ;-)

I only rode once because I just didn't feel like a Thursday ride. My COVID test came back negative so I flew to Maine and today was the first day of summer camp (with fewer kids and other stuff following the CDC guidelines). 5/7 on coping

goals for this week: 7/7 healthy coping

M: 7.1 mi run + 1200m swim
T: 6.9 mi run + 2500m swim
W: 7.1 mi run + 1500m swim
T: off
F: 10.3 mi run + 700m swim
S: 53 mi bike
S: 4.5 mi run + 2675 yd swim

totals
9000 yd swim (5x)
53 mi bike (1x)
35.9 mi run

It's SO good to be back in Maine at my parents'. I'm here for about 5 weeks.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 6 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have fun with family and at camp Dr TC!

Just quickly sticking my head in. The heat and humidity continue to kick my butt so any exercise is a bonus. Still waiting for my new helmet to arrive but because of the recent weather I haven't really wanted to ride outside. On the bright side our pools open next week so we have reserved ourselves a 45 minute session at an outdoor pool. From what I can tell, it's a 6 lane pool and it's limited to 12 people so it should be okay distancing wise.

Hope the other women are well and being kind to themselves!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey hey hey folks! Sorry I've been away lately. I'm just busy between training, a garden, and some deadlines.

TC-I'm so glad that you made it to Maine this year! And that the camp is still on. I know that's a real happy place for you.

Scher-good luck with the new helmet, and may you get back to big adventures soon soon soon!!!!

I had a good week last week. My coach and I are trying a 5 days per week plan instead of a six days per week plan, and it's a night-and-day situation. My legs just feel so much better with the extra day of rest. I've gone on two long, intense rides since I made the switch--rides that rival my most challenging rides from last summer and they just feel well within my wheelhouse.I'm also still falling a part a little when I run in heat, but it's getting better, and I don't have any distance/endurance running things on the horizon, so it's a good time to just work on it.

And in other news, our weekly OWS is back on and Holy Geez does it feel good to swim again! I can't wait for pools to open too.

This week:

Mon: Long ride (done and dusted!)
Tu: Long run (close enough for jazz!!!)
W: rest!
Th: bike and brick run
F: run and leg strength
Sat: rest!
Sun: strength and short bike

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy, uh, Panda? No, that's not the day. Threeeve? No, not it either. Uh.....

HI

It's felt exceptionally weird to try to post something when life and other's lives are not normal, and try to tra la la through that. I'm crappy at make believe these days but I've missed all of you. We're still doing happy hours on Thursdays starting at 7pm EDT so join on in!

Let's see...things that are going on...

I was furloughed from my job at the end of March and made the decision this week to not return. It's not the greatest environment, and there were ZERO new systems put in place to keep us safe. So I said bye. Zero regrets.

My coaching has seriously ramped up now that some restrictions have lifted, and I'm coaching 2 kids sessions a week, as well as my individual athletes. It has been SO rewarding. It's a totally bizarre time to be thinking about personal goals, but I'm inspired by my athletes every day.

That said...I pulled the plug on IMMD a while ago. I had one 80 mile ride on the books, made it through an hour, and stopped. It's not worth putting my body in the hole for a race that will probably (at least should DEFINITELY) be cancelled. I've been much happier, outside of a couple of body system hiccups, and am just chugging along at the TDS "slow boil" pace.

I got back to the pool this week. I cried giant tears when I jumped in. It was a step towards feeling kind of normal. Kind of because I hadn't been in water to swim in FOUR MONTHS and good lord I was like a frog in a blender. It'll come back, I know, but patience is being employed in other areas right now and I'm tapped out when it's coming to my workouts.

This week's goal- goal? Goal.

M- 2250yd swim. Check. It was uuuuuglyyyy
Tu- 8mi run. Check. Also ugly due to the horrid weather and air quality
W- 75min Zwift ride. Check. Rode on a new Yorkshire course that coach said "looked fun". 16% grade is NOT FUN.
Th- 2200yd swim. Check. Kids triathlon clinics. Check.
F- 40min pyramid run
Sa- 35ish mile ride
Su- REST

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 6 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Happy, uh, Panda? No, that's not the day. Threeeve? No, not it either. Uh.....
I think they all end in "day". Not sure? It's gotten confusing

hi! Nice to "see" you. I didn't know you coached! Very cool - especially the kid stuff.
I'm glad you feel okay about the job decision.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's good to see you too! I'm glad you were able to make it home to Maine. I bet the change of scenery is fabulous.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 6 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
It's good to see you too! I'm glad you were able to make it home to Maine. I bet the change of scenery is fabulous.

It is - as is the change in the temperature!

Quote Reply