Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How do I say this... Kanye West is running for President [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
satanellus wrote:

Having those "decent" qualities shouldn't be dependent on having "the right people advising her". For a position like first lady/dude, (or indeed president), those qualities should be integral to who you are.

We're talking the spouse of the president here. Even as an unofficial office, it's not a " Meh.... a pass mark will do" situation as you appear to afford her.

Or at least it shouldn't be. Setting a low bar for all things presidential is a massive reason for the US being in the mess it's in now.

Regardless of who she is married to, do you really believe Kim K as a "meh...decent enough (shrug)" option, is an embodiment of what the US should be aspiring toward to get itself out of this mess?

we're approaching this from two different standpoints and mine is apparently not clear. My argument is *if it came to that* Kim could make a decent First Lady.

to put it even more bluntly, she would not fail as badly as her predecessor.

this is completely different from what I think *should* be the case. We're in complete agreement on that. Kim ought not to be First Lady, in any universe, under any circumstances.

WooHoo! We've reached a consensus! :-)

OK, Kiki. Peace in the Middle East! We're on it! ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: How do I say this... Kanye West is running for President [satanellus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
You hold up the vacuous accumulation of wealth, vanity, self-absorbed narcissism, the hollow pursuit of fame

Sounds exactly like Melania Trump. You might also add sitting around reading fashion magazines, f'ing rich dudes for a marriage proposal and "modeling" naked. Sounds like a real classy First Lady.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How do I say this... Kanye West is running for President [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
Quote:
You hold up the vacuous accumulation of wealth, vanity, self-absorbed narcissism, the hollow pursuit of fame

Sounds exactly like Melania Trump. You might also add sitting around reading fashion magazines, f'ing rich dudes for a marriage proposal and "modeling" naked. Sounds like a real classy First Lady.

Has anyone been holding Melania Trump up as the example of a first class First Lady? I don't think they have.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: How do I say this... Kanye West is running for President [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
Quote:

Honestly, I feel like there's no shortage of parallels you can draw between a Kanye presidency and a Trump presidency... From the narcissism, to the lies, to the delusions of grandeur, to the obvious unfitness, to the vacuous disdain for things they don't understand (and the staggering breadth of what that encompasses), to the endless, manufactured provocations they generate that seem to nourish them, to the inevitable catastrophe that's bound to occur the first time they have to deal with a real problem, etc...

Despite all the similarities, I fairly certain nobody is confused about the fact that only one could be a viable candidate in the US... At this point, I'm pretty positive that there's only one political party who'd nominate a candidate with the characteristics I listed, and that party couldn't pick Kanye without enraging >50% of their base.
Quote Reply
Re: How do I say this... Kanye West is running for President [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard someone talking about this today, all I could think was, "Is Kanye admitting that Trump needs help to win the next election?" Hmmm, interesting...lol
Quote Reply
Re: How do I say this... Kanye West is running for President [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So Kanye has stated that he would not try to run as a Republican if Pres Trump is the GOP nominee. Instead, he’ll run as an independent, under a new party,....the Birthday Party.

In the interests of our country, we need serious election reform, in part, to prevent this kind of dumbassery in the future.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: How do I say this... Kanye West is running for President [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm more and more convinced Idiocracy was a prophecy.
Quote Reply
Re: How do I say this... Kanye West is running for President [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:

In the interests of our country, we need serious election reform, in part, to prevent this kind of dumbassery in the future.

I disagree. There is a long and wonderful history of truly bizarre candidates in the U.S. (at all levels).

If they actually win, we fully deserve it. (like we deserved Trump).

The dude from the Rent is Too Damn High Party was awesome.

My favorite is Vermin Supreme, though.

Quote Reply
Re: How do I say this... Kanye West is running for President [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my favorite was the guy in Chicago who ran on a platform of gladiator fights for Cook County prisoners. The winner of the tournament got a pardon and the ticket sales proceeds would have been used for community development.
Quote Reply
Re: How do I say this... Kanye West is running for President [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember that guy! Can't remember his name though... Truth be told some sort of MMA for Cook County prisoners would be quite the spectacle and would probably be safer than a day in gen pop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
I remember that guy! Can't remember his name though... Truth be told some sort of MMA for Cook County prisoners would be quite the spectacle and would probably be safer than a day in gen pop.

Junebug something or other IIRC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
he needs to be on the debate stage...
Quote Reply
Re: How do I say this... Kanye West is running for President [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was quick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
That was quick.
He's back in
Quote Reply
Re: How do I say this... Kanye West is running for President [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
That was quick.

He's back in

I very much enjoyed the footage from his campaign "event" on the weekend. It all makes better sense now.

It's like how fast food joints try to convince you that a bucket of Coke is a sensible dietary choice, by also offering you a tub of Coke big enough to drown a bison.

Compared to Kanye, Trump seems not so crazy.
If you still can't bring yourself to vote for the communist who is going to ban your bible, Trump is the reasonable choice.
Quote Reply
Re: How do I say this... Kanye West is running for President [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bone Idol wrote:
windywave wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
That was quick.

He's back in

I very much enjoyed the footage from his campaign "event" on the weekend. It all makes better sense now.

Hence me wanting him in the debates.
Quote Reply

Prev Next