Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What Will Biden do First [SDG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bidens policy game will be near identical to Hillary, Obama, Bush...

If you're hoping for dramatic change, Biden ain't the guy. At least you'll end up with a somewhat respectable and professional appearing CIC.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: What Will Biden do First [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
I'd like to see several people stay on such as Fauci, Lighthizer, Navarro and (nomination) Powell. Navarro I suspect will get axed because he's towed the political line in favor of Trump too many times. Lighthizer seems to have been well received by both parties in his House and Senate testimonies.

yes, biden may want to keep certain people on who're already employed. i'm sure he will. but as to fauci, first he'll have to rehire him.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: What Will Biden do First [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
I'd like to see several people stay on such as Fauci, Lighthizer, Navarro and (nomination) Powell. Navarro I suspect will get axed because he's towed the political line in favor of Trump too many times. Lighthizer seems to have been well received by both parties in his House and Senate testimonies.

yes, biden may want to keep certain people on who're already employed. i'm sure he will. but as to fauci, first he'll have to rehire him.

Thought to bring this one forward as it may just be prophetic. Fauci may do us all the better if he just flips the bird and up and quits while still calling out the wrongness of our current leader's madness.
Quote Reply
Re: What Will Biden do First [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
Slowman wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

Thought to bring this one forward as it may just be prophetic. Fauci may do us all the better if he just flips the bird and up and quits while still calling out the wrongness of our current leader's madness.

I am not sure where the love or excuse making for Fauci is coming from. He has been THE GUY with regard to all advice and recommendations on what is the worst response to COVID in the entire world ( except Brazil, those guys suck).

Fauci has never once come out and said Trump refused to listen to him, Trump told him to shut up, or Trump stopped him from implementing policy. The response to this pandemic lies just as much with Fauci as it does with Trump, abysmall. Not seeing how so many can give this guy a pass. Get him out and put in a truly strong, top level scientist and go from there. Clean house Biden. Nothing to lose.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We disagree if you place Fauci the equal to Trump in our debacle.
Quote Reply
Re: What Will Biden do First [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
We disagree if you place Fauci the equal to Trump in our debacle.

Fair enough but isn't he the lead guy on medicine and the science in the most backwards, screwed up, ineffective response to COVID on the planet? ( again, we see you Brazil).

There is plenty O blame to go around and he is #2 if Trump is #1. Don't need Fauci anywhere near a Biden medical team of experts. He had his chance and sucked royally.
Quote Reply
Re: What Will Biden do First [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Amstel wrote:
He will do whatever his handlers tell him to do.

Sure. But at least he won't do what Putin and Xi tell him to do- you know like a traitor.

You sound like a libtard commie /s
Quote Reply
Re: What Will Biden do First [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
jmh wrote:
Amstel wrote:
He will do whatever his handlers tell him to do.

Sure. But at least he won't do what Putin and Xi tell him to do- you know like a traitor.

You sound like a libtard commie /s

I can't even remember which ballwasher called me a commie for my opposition to Trump- in all seriousness on his part. I appreciate you reminding me of that fact... it brings a chuckle every time.

There is an unusual alliance of those conservative minded folks- those who used to identify as Republicans prior to Trump co-opting the party and became known as Never Trumpers- and the "libtard commies" of the left. The two groups are unified in wanting to oust an incompetent, divisive, racist, self serving, traitorous, criminal threat to our Constitution and that common objective gets confused at times by those loyal servants of Trump. It is weird to have the left as the ones who are making sense in their attacks on him on the basis of rule of law, decency, strong alliances, opposing Russia, the Constitution, etc. Basic things.

But here we are.

I'm not sure were this ends up in November, but I think I have firmed up my position as an independent without a party for the foreseeable future. At least until the orange stain on the GOP- or what ever replaces it- is removed.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:
gofigure wrote:
Slowman wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

I am not sure where the love or excuse making for Fauci is coming from. He has been THE GUY with regard to all advice and recommendations on what is the worst response to COVID in the entire world ( except Brazil, those guys suck).

Fauci has never once come out and said Trump refused to listen to him, Trump told him to shut up, or Trump stopped him from implementing policy. The response to this pandemic lies just as much with Fauci as it does with Trump, abysmall. Not seeing how so many can give this guy a pass. Get him out and put in a truly strong, top level scientist and go from there. Clean house Biden. Nothing to lose.

our biggest problem in this country right now is that too many people not only are flat ignorant, they see nothing wrong with opinions born out of ignorance. they not only don't know, they don't know where to look for answers for what they don't know.

fauci's predictions for this pandemic have been eerily prescient. he is our foremost epidemiologist; he's served 6 presidents; and is the recipient of the presidential medal of freedom. it's okay to be ignorant. i have a degree in life sciences, but that doesn't make me knowledgeable. what it makes me is just barely smart enough to know how valuable anthony fauci is.

fauci and trump have reportedly not spoken in over a month.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: What Will Biden do First [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
SDG wrote:
gofigure wrote:
Slowman wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

our biggest problem in this country right now is that too many people not only are flat ignorant, they see nothing wrong with opinions born out of ignorance. they not only don't know, they don't know where to look for answers for what they don't know.

fauci's predictions for this pandemic have been eerily prescient. he is our foremost epidemiologist; he's served 6 presidents; and is the recipient of the presidential medal of freedom. it's okay to be ignorant. i have a degree in life sciences, but that doesn't make me knowledgeable. what it makes me is just barely smart enough to know how valuable anthony fauci is.

I have a friend who is a lawyer. He had a litigation case against a lawyer from the esteemed institution of Harvard Law School. He was fearful this lawyer would be way beyond his skill and competence because she came from such an institution. Turns out he schooled her throughout the course of the litigation and determine by the end said lawyer was the worst lawyer he has ever faced in his 30 year career as a litigator. It matter what you do more than were you came from.

For context of my argument, there can be ZERO debate our country handled COVID poorly, badly, catastrophically. There can be no debate Fauci was the scientific leader or our countries response.

I don't care what Fauci's credentials are. I care what he did. I care what our response has been. I care that it has sucked and he is the HEAD of TRUMP's infections disease response team, his COVID management team and his COVID task force. Fauci could be Jesus Christ or the Dali Lama himself and he screwed this one up.

The above statements in no way lesson the impact or the import of scientific consensus. In this case, he simply screwed up and I suggest we could do much better when Biden is in office.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:
Slowman wrote:
SDG wrote:
gofigure wrote:
Slowman wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

I have a friend who is a lawyer. He had a litigation case against a lawyer from the esteemed institution of Harvard Law School. He was fearful this lawyer would be way beyond his skill and competence because she came from such an institution. Turns out he schooled her throughout the course of the litigation and determine by the end said lawyer was the worst lawyer he has ever faced in his 30 year career as a litigator. It matter what you do more than were you came from.

For context of my argument, there can be ZERO debate our country handled COVID poorly, badly, catastrophically. There can be no debate Fauci was the scientific leader or our countries response.

I don't care what Fauci's credentials are. I care what he did. I care what our response has been. I care that it has sucked and he is the HEAD of TRUMP's infections disease response team, his COVID management team and his COVID task force. Fauci could be Jesus Christ or the Dali Lama himself and he screwed this one up.

The above statements in no way lesson the impact or the import of scientific consensus. In this case, he simply screwed up and I suggest we could do much better when Biden is in office.

fauci did nothing. he set no policy. he warned us what would happen if we continued on a course. we did what he told us absolutely not to do, and we're bearing the brunt of our own behavior. if you want to blame someone, blame the policymakers, both locally and nationally.

abraham lincoln formed the national academies during his term. his idea was to bring together the country's best scientists, architects and engineers, to educate him so that he could form good policy.

not one of those in the national academies set policy. not from that day, in the 1860s, until now. not one has ever set one policy. they give advice. policymakers set the policy. trump and fauci have been at odds since this thing began, because fauci gives advice and trump fails to take it. if you're going to blame fauci for what he "did", then you have this hurdle to overcome: he didn't do anything.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:
Fauci could be Jesus Christ or the Dali Lama himself and he screwed this one up.

You've been watching waaay too much FoxNews. How the hell is Fauci supposed to help guide policy when the advice he gives is ignored, contradicted (even when the ink is still wet), and now, he's being actively undermined.

He has been speaking the truth since the beginning, and as Trump's policy of re-open asap and damn the health costs - hoping that the economy wouldn't be hurt too much and the virus would miraculously disappear - began to fall apart at the seams, Fauci had a choice: either kowtow to Trump's idiocy or keep speaking the truth and give his best guidance. Well while some policy advisers have done the former, he's done the latter, and your view that it's Fauci that's screwed things up tells me all I need to know about your biases.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dust off all his old name plates and put masking tape over the word Vice?
Quote Reply
Re: What Will Biden do First [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:

No way on god’s earth Navarro is kept around. He’s been one of the key architects of the plot to undermine Fauci. He also has been pedaling a conspiracy theory that China deliberately seeded the virus in the US. Fuck that guy.
Quote Reply
Re: What Will Biden do First [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
SDG wrote:
Fauci could be Jesus Christ or the Dali Lama himself and he screwed this one up.

Y. How the hell is Fauci supposed to help guide policy when the advice he gives is ignored, contradicted (even when the ink is still wet), and now, he's being actively undermined.

Has Fauci ever once come out and said Trump is ignoring his advice? I have seen the exact opposite. Fauci says Trumps listens, asks questions and follows his advice.

Trump is #1 at fault, no doubt about it. But there is ZERO reason to give Fauci a free pass. So it's your position all Fauci does is sit around and suggest things and has no responsibility at all for how our response has gone? ZERO? He is the head of the entire countries scientific and medical response. That is a mind boggling position.

If there was evidence from Fauci that he has suggested measures different than what were done, or that Trump was ignoring his advice, or he was being silenced, perhaps you have a point. But there is isn't. He spoke everyday at the the news conferences and not once did he say Trump was ignoring his advice or wouldn't do what was asked.

Fauci is the ideas guy and his ideas on this sucked. Frankly, all I heard from him was numbers are growing, we need to test, and don't wear a mask. Not very helpful and nothing definite about how to beat it or further seeing results.

Frankly, it doesn't matter, Fauci has delivered zero results. It's his time to go. He is too close to Trump, was on the Trump task force and is stained with the failure of the US response to the greatest pandemic of the century.
Quote Reply

Prev Next