Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? May 25
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 25 [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals this week are to keep the run mileage stable and ride more, and have 7/7 days. Today is day 5 in a row of healthy coping!

I did a pretty good job on my goals. I've got 10 days in a row of healthy coping minus a small-ish slip up on day 7. Overall I'm very proud of myself.

M: 7.5 mi run + 1300m swim
T: 6.6 mi run + 1000m swim
W: 2.7 mi run + 4500m swim
T: 9.5 mi run + 2 mi bike
F: 6.7 mi run + 1200 m swim
S: 7.8 mi run + 1500m swim
S: 55 mi bike

totals 9500m swim, 57 mi bike, 40.8 mi run

goals for this week: keep adding good days of healthy coping; keep riding more

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy crap, it's Monday? Whoops.

Thanks for getting us started Dr. TC. And big kudos for your streak! Here's to more streaking!

Last week's goal was recovery. Well that was going all swell until my coach decided it was time to start packing on the volume, and threw a 70-mile ride on the schedule for Saturday. I haven't ridden 70 miles since last September? And of course it sucked. And I'm tired and stressed out and irritated at hoards of people being so selfishly irresponsible out there when we're still spiking 2000ish cases a day here in the state, plus allergy season is bearing down on me here so it's miserable just being outside, and of course my half marathon sucked this morning. Everything sucks right now. Not really but dammit it feels like it :P Onward and upward I guess.

This week's goals: Get through training. Get more sleep. Not have a meltdown.

M- 13.1mi run (done, half outside and half inside away from the pollen that made me hyperventilate)
Tu- tri team dry land workout and 15mi bike ride
W- tri team Zwift ride and 30min run brick, also leading the kiddo team workout on Zoom
Th- tri team dry land workout and 6mi run
F- REST
Sa- 80 mile ride and a mile run brick
Su- yoga

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello!

Congrats TC! That's quite a streak you're on. I'm so happy for you!

Cupcake: Gah! 70 mile bike ride?! Who's doing that these days? No one needs to ride 70 miles for anything right now. Stop it. Drink more martinis and chill the heck out. (but seriously, nice job, that's quite a load and I'm in awe of it.)

I'm in the momentary euphoria I always feel when the school year is put to bed and I have the whole summer in front of me, and I can ignore how much has to get done this summer lest I get fired. I was outside all weekend, gardening, hiking, and training. It should have made me exhausted, especially as it's somehow in the 80s up here in the usually-wintery north, but I'm so damned happy we all made it to the end of May. Training was good. I wound up having to change my rest day, but it all happened by hook or by crook.

This week:
M: fun ride, whatever I want to do (martini in my water bottle? Too much?).
Tu: REST. I'll probably go on a long walk to make up some miles for my Race Across New York thing I'm doing. I'm not behind, but I'm scared about the mileage goal so I want to frontload.
W: Run speedwork and leg strength
Th: Bike hills plus brick run
F: Swim Strength and short bike
Sa: Long ride
Su: Long run plus leg strength

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 25 [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BingTri wrote:
70 mile bike ride?! Who's doing that these days? No one needs to ride 70 miles for anything right now.

We did a 75 mile ride at the weekend. Just for funsies and to explore some more. Then we got home and Dan broke his toe.

Goals for this week: survive the extreme heat event that is due to stick around the next few days. My survival plan includes gin & tonics :-)
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 25 [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gah! Yer amazing for doing that ride. Sorry Dan broke his toe! Is it important, or is it one of the more disposable ones?

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's pretty disposable lol. Poor guy started a thread on the main forum asking for anecdotes about being able to run within days of breaking a toe. The main forum did not deliver his desired response so he's now taken to claiming that it's not broken, just badly bruised.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 25 [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
It's pretty disposable lol. Poor guy started a thread on the main forum asking for anecdotes about being able to run within days of breaking a toe. The main forum did not deliver his desired response so he's now taken to claiming that it's not broken, just badly bruised.

This made me laugh.

If you don't get the answer you want - change the question!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I'm in the momentary euphoria I always feel when the school year is put to bed and I have the whole summer in front of me, and I can ignore how much has to get done this summer lest I get fired.

Do you know what your institution's plan is for fall? We're going back in August and after Thanksgiving will be online (one week of classes, then finals week). We're prioritizing in-person freshman classes, so I'll be teaching 30 students in a giant auditorium where we can space out. Anything above freshman level will be a mix of online and in person.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:
I'm in the momentary euphoria I always feel when the school year is put to bed and I have the whole summer in front of me, and I can ignore how much has to get done this summer lest I get fired.

Do you know what your institution's plan is for fall? We're going back in August and after Thanksgiving will be online (one week of classes, then finals week). We're prioritizing in-person freshman classes, so I'll be teaching 30 students in a giant auditorium where we can space out. Anything above freshman level will be a mix of online and in person.

The university in my city (~40,000 students) is going fully online for the fall. The exception being clinicals for some students. It's going to be really weird for them. My niece is already taking all her classes online and she doesn't love it. She is taking poly sci, so I don't know what they are going to do about labs for students in science.
Quote Reply