Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Intelligence Community IG Michael Atkinson fired [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
LCtriguy1 wrote:
Pedalsaurus wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Atkinson was the IG who alerted congress about the complaint regarding Trump's demand that Ukraine investigate Joe Biden and his son.

More gutting of the independence of the IC, more retaliation, less chance of independent oversight in the future.

Have the courage to speak up and do the right thing...get fired.

Oh, and I wonder why this was done late on a Friday night?

Well there is a concept of “take a shot at the king you better hit him”. He took his shot and missed. Don’t let the door hit him in the ass on the way out.

Are you guys serious? Are you actual human beings with functioning brains?

This type of response is so hard to fathom coming from a real, rational person.

Think about what country you are living in. Then think about what you just wrote.

Please.

I don't think he is serious. He is a troll just playing a character. No one can be this stupid in real life.

He thinks he is clever being the devil's advocate. (and as I typed that I thought, "wow, that has taken on a whole new meaning lately.")

But the scary thing is he probably IS serious. There is so much reinforcement of his views from his friends and “news” sources, that by now he is steeped in his opinions. There is no longer any independent thought and unemotional analysis of the situation. It’s purely an “us vs them” mentality. The IC IG notifies Congress about the whistleblower complaint about Trump. Therefore, man bad. (Trump good). Facts be damned.

Many studies have shown very few people will change their opinion on a subject, even when facts are laid out to the person that prove they were wrong in the first place. So sadly, yes, I think Pedal is being serious in most of his posts. And that’s a sad indictment of the mentality of much of our country.
Quote Reply
Re: Intelligence Community IG Michael Atkinson fired [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
j p o wrote:
LCtriguy1 wrote:
Pedalsaurus wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Atkinson was the IG who alerted congress about the complaint regarding Trump's demand that Ukraine investigate Joe Biden and his son.

More gutting of the independence of the IC, more retaliation, less chance of independent oversight in the future.

Well there is a concept of “take a shot at the king you better hit him”. He took his shot and missed. Don’t let the door hit him in the ass on the way out.

Think about what country you are living in. Then think about what you just wrote.

Please.

I don't think he is serious. He is a troll just playing a character. No one can be this stupid in real life.

He thinks he is clever being the devil's advocate. (and as I typed that I thought, "wow, that has taken on a whole new meaning lately.")

But the scary thing is he probably IS serious. There is so much reinforcement of his views from his friends and “news” sources, that by now he is steeped in his opinions. There is no longer any independent thought and unemotional analysis of the situation. It’s purely an “us vs them” mentality. The IC IG notifies Congress about the whistleblower complaint about Trump. Therefore, man bad. (Trump good). Facts be damned.

Many studies have shown very few people will change their opinion on a subject, even when facts are laid out to the person that prove they were wrong in the first place. So sadly, yes, I think Pedal is being serious in most of his posts. And that’s a sad indictment of the mentality of much of our country.

Kay, bold point above.... are you suggesting this is only an issue for one side of the aisle?
Quote Reply
Re: Intelligence Community IG Michael Atkinson fired [Pedalsaurus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pedalsaurus wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
j p o wrote:
LCtriguy1 wrote:
Pedalsaurus wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Please.

Kay, bold point above.... are you suggesting this is only an issue for one side of the aisle?

Pedal, you have just prooved Kays point: "one side of the aisle" IS "us vs them". There is no aisle on this topic. There are checks & balances... for good reasons. A leader with almost unlimited (and uncontrolled!) power is nothing a functioning democracy should strive for.
Quote Reply
Re: Intelligence Community IG Michael Atkinson fired [Pedalsaurus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pedalsaurus wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
j p o wrote:
LCtriguy1 wrote:
Pedalsaurus wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Please.

Did you watch the impeachment hearings?

That was a perfect insight into one side relying on the presentation of corroborated facts and evidence, and the other side twisting in knots to find the latest defense because the previous one had blown up in their face. It was sad to watch intelligent people throw away rational thought and arguments for a defense of their flawed leader.

And you see the same on TV. Right wing opinion hosts literally making shit up and lying. Yes, CNN et al are biased in the stories they cover, but they don’t intentionally and knowingly lie.
Quote Reply
Re: Intelligence Community IG Michael Atkinson fired [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ohhh I get it now Kay. It’s just a Republican and Fox thing. Come on girl, you would gain a shred of credibility if you could just admit both sides are equally screwed up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ohhh I get it now Kay. It’s just a Republican and Fox thing. Come on girl, you would gain a shred of credibility if you could just admit both sides are equally screwed up.

You would gain credibility if you would just admit there is no equivalent to Trump and the GOP support of him. I think that before Trump it would be fair to see both sides were equally screwed up but not right now. This is on Trump and the GOP that continue to be willing to ignore everything they used to stand for (ie. not giving the President too much power, keeping the debt down, having a President with good character and good family values).

No one on the other side is remotely equal to Trump.
Quote Reply
Re: Intelligence Community IG Michael Atkinson fired [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And trump just admitted that he fired Atkinson because he did his job:
“I thought he did a terrible job...He took a fake report and took it to Congress.”

Republicans are a disgrace for not removing trump. He will continue to damage the country. trump is making it so that no whistleblower will ever come forward. The intelligence community is granted huge power and huge bugets. We have learned lessons from that past that they require oversight and the ability for whilstleblowers to report. We know that without that terrible things can happen, because they have happened in the past. trump wants those terrible things to happen. That is why he is making oversight impossible and making sure no whistleblower ever comes forward. He wants the intelligence community to be used to violate the rights of the American people like they have in the past. Republicans 100% support that, well except Romney.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pedalsaurus wrote:

This has become the sad and lonely refrain of a Trumpster:

“Both sides are as bad as each other.”

Intellectual dishonesty at its finest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pedalsaurus wrote:

You may have just stopped digging pedal. Step into the middle aisle more often or maybe just step into the middle aisle sooner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Pedalsaurus wrote:

This has become the sad and lonely refrain of a Trumpster:

“Both sides are as bad as each other.”

Intellectual dishonesty at its finest.

I think he is just trying to say, yeah it was kind of childish peevish and immature of the president to fire his intel IG because his only grounds to do so were childish. Weren't you pedal?
Quote Reply
Re: Intelligence Community IG Michael Atkinson fired [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just pointing out that from my perspective, Michael Atkinson helped *protect* the President

Per the impeachment proceeding, the primary defense was that illegal activities were only discussed/alluded to, without actually having been definitively carried out. If Atkinson and others hadn't sounded the alarm when they did, they might have been carried out, putting the President at greater risk.
Quote Reply
Re: Intelligence Community IG Michael Atkinson fired [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Just pointing out that from my perspective, Michael Atkinson helped *protect* the President

Per the impeachment proceeding, the primary defense was that illegal activities were only discussed/alluded to, without actually having been definitively carried out. If Atkinson and others hadn't sounded the alarm when they did, they might have been carried out, putting the President at greater risk.

Kinda, one of his defenses was that Ukraine got the money anyway, so who cares about the extortion, which was a bad defense. But Atkinson reporting Congress caused the trump administration to finally release the funds. Due to the late date, they were not able to release all the money. They were days away from not being able to release any of the money.

On the other hand, even if Ukraine did not get the money, I doubt it would have made any difference. I think you overestimate how much the facts actually matter here.
Quote Reply
Re: Intelligence Community IG Michael Atkinson fired [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
He is a troll just playing a character. No one can be this stupid in real life.

a troll, or someone broken beyond repair. guys like these do have one talent: they're good teachers. they've taught me not to engage with them, and i've learned my lessons.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Intelligence Community IG Michael Atkinson fired [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
j p o wrote:
He is a troll just playing a character. No one can be this stupid in real life.

a troll, or someone broken beyond repair. guys like these do have one talent: they're good teachers. they've taught me not to engage with them, and i've learned my lessons.

Some of us haven't learned the not engage lesson. I think this man and the others to be not stupid. They just have so little to work with and their imagination to paint goodness, check that greatness, in the man is too strong. He is our king after all. Maybe he can find a pro Trump topic on which those of us with TDS can go, "gee that's great and I can applaud." I guess he missed the other day when Kay actually said Trump of late was a positive surprise of sorts. He almost went half way here admitting both sides make mistakes. How compromising is that? Hang in there pedalsaurus.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

He backdated info on official documents. He works at the discretion of the president. He can be fired . Get over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pedalsaurus wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

His weak sauce was not good enough and now crying babies are looking for a safe space. Good bye mr. security risk.
Quote Reply
Re: Intelligence Community IG Michael Atkinson fired [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Pedalsaurus wrote:
Are you guys delusional? In any employment setting you go accuse your boss publicly of something very serious - one of you will be on your ass when the dust settles. Either the boss gets fired or the accuser. You can’t co exist after. Why is this hard for you guys to understand?

Are you not familiar with the entire purpose of an Inspector General? This isn't some random employee of the President.

does he or does he not work at the discretion of POTUS? Yes he does and yes he is gone. You are a lost random nut.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pedalsaurus wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Just wanted to point out that you used the word "king."

My how things have changed since the revolution.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Intelligence Community IG Michael Atkinson fired [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

You would gain credibility if you would just admit there is no equivalent to Trump and the GOP support of him. I think that before Trump it would be fair to see both sides were equally screwed up but not right now. This is on Trump and the GOP that continue to be willing to ignore everything they used to stand for (ie. not giving the President too much power, keeping the debt down, having a President with good character and good family values).

I beg to differ Denture girl and shitty schiff.
Quote Reply
Re: Intelligence Community IG Michael Atkinson fired [GoFasters] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GoFasters wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

I beg to differ Denture girl and shitty schiff.

Another well presented argument from our resident ex-Marine. Oorah!
Quote Reply
Re: Intelligence Community IG Michael Atkinson fired [GoFasters] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GoFasters wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Pedalsaurus wrote:
Are you guys delusional? In any employment setting you go accuse your boss publicly of something very serious - one of you will be on your ass when the dust settles. Either the boss gets fired or the accuser. You can’t co exist after. Why is this hard for you guys to understand?

Are you not familiar with the entire purpose of an Inspector General? This isn't some random employee of the President.

does he or does he not work at the discretion of POTUS? Yes he does and yes he is gone. You are a lost random nut.

There are actual rules for removing IG, do you not know that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GoFasters wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

He backdated info on official documents. He works at the discretion of the president. He can be fired . Get over it.

No he did not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like him or not the POTUS is usually considered the most powerful person in the world.

Last edited by: Sanuk: Apr 8, 20 7:23
Quote Reply

Prev Next