Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Florida now has state at home orders [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:
You're in my county. We have a lot of cases that have been tested, but we don't have results on. Some tests are 10-14 days out. Please be safe out there.

I'd say let's have a beer, but there is no place to go.

ETA: cause I'm an idiot and didn't wish your father the best.

Thank you. I'm grateful for your kind wishes. (Maybe cup of coffee, outside somewhere, six feet apart, next week--depending on how things are going.)

Surgery went well yesterday. Was supposed to be there till tomorrow, but they are sending him out today. (My WAG is that early dismissal is to reduce corona infection risk.)

Meanwhile, this from Florida:

Martin County Woman Arrested after walking through Stuart with pending covid-19 test.

G-Man, you up that way?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Florida now has state at home orders [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m in between St. Augustine and Jacksonville.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Florida now has state at home orders [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So far things not so bad up there per the dashboard map.

Meanwhile Palm Beach County hospitalizations up to 100. Seem to be a few cities in South of county though.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Florida now has state at home orders [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder why the Jax area hasn’t been hit real hard so far. I can’t get over the thought it’s coming though. We had our fair share of spring breakers and vacationers. The beaches were also unnecessarily crowded because nobody could make a decision to close them or not.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Florida now has state at home orders [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
I wonder why the Jax area hasn’t been hit real hard so far. I can’t get over the thought it’s coming though. We had our fair share of spring breakers and vacationers. The beaches were also unnecessarily crowded because nobody could make a decision to close them or not.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things stay tame here. I have a theory about Jacksonville though: it's not an "international" or "cosmopolitan" city by any stretch. It's not dense. It's basically a gigantic suburb. I would also argue that way more people as a % of resident population travel between Orlando and Tampa or Miami and Orlando than Jacksonville and Orlando or Jacksonville and Miami... basically I'm saying it's not as interconnected as larger cities farther south.
Quote Reply

Prev Next