Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Klobuchar Goes Gary Johnson
Quote | Reply
Actually this is arguably worse (flub at 2:30). Tough to watch.

Quote Reply
Re: Klobuchar Goes Gary Johnson [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, she should have been better prepared going into that interview. She wont make that mistake again.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Klobuchar Goes Gary Johnson [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steyer couldn’t name him either. Buttigieg said “Lopez Obrador” instantly, when asked.

My guess would be Biden would stumble on that question too. Sad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Yeah, she should have been better prepared going into that interview. She wont make that mistake again.

...so Johnson gets lambasted and Klobuchar (who’s gaffe was far worse) gets a pass?

...yeah, that seems fair and unbiased /sarc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

...so Johnson gets lambasted and Klobuchar (who’s gaffe was far worse) gets a pass?

Sorry don't follow the politic's that closely, and have no clue what Johnson got blasted for.. and for the record, I voted for him, last election cycle.

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
About the only thing the Senator seems to know about Mexico is that its on our border. She's going on a Spanish tv network. She didn't think Mexico would come up? How about brushing up on the basics. If this were a Republican you'd see it on a steady loop on the NBC, CBS etc. Klobuchar is the liberal archetype. She knows "her truths" and what she feels. What she doesn't know are actual facts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Actually this is arguably worse (flub at 2:30). Tough to watch.
I feel for her staff. How many of them are going to end up in the hospital because of her own stupidity?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ismael Zambada?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Sorry don't follow the politic's that closely, and have no clue what Johnson got blasted for.. and for the record, I voted for him, last election cycle.

You mean you don't go back in recorded history after reading any article to make sure every thing ever written is exactly the same for Republicans, Democrats and Independents?

What's wrong with you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bloomberg can now teach everyone to farm.

MB: “I can teach anyone how to be a farmer 1 dig a hole 2 put a seed in 3 put dirt on top 4 add water 5 up comes the corn”
Quote Reply
Re: Klobuchar Goes Gary Johnson [PrinceMax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PrinceMax wrote:
About the only thing the Senator seems to know about Mexico is that its on our border. She's going on a Spanish tv network. She didn't think Mexico would come up? How about brushing up on the basics. If this were a Republican you'd see it on a steady loop on the NBC, CBS etc. Klobuchar is the liberal archetype. She knows "her truths" and what she feels. What she doesn't know are actual facts.

Meanwhile your current President doesn’t know what States border Mexico.

You could say that he knows “his truths” and doesn’t know actual facts.

But yeah, she’s the real problem.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Klobuchar Goes Gary Johnson [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if Klobuchar knows where Kansas City is?
Quote Reply
Re: Klobuchar Goes Gary Johnson [shoff14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shoff14 wrote:

MB: “I can teach anyone how to be a farmer 1 dig a hole 2 put a seed in 3 put dirt on top 4 add water 5 up comes the corn”

Please tell me he didn’t say something so condescending and stupid...
Quote Reply
Re: Klobuchar Goes Gary Johnson [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
You mean you don't go back in recorded history after reading any article to make sure every thing ever written is exactly the same for Republicans, Democrats and Independents?
What's wrong with you?

So you’re opposed to objectivity and lack of bias in journalism?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

What's wrong with you?

You might help your cause, if you educated us about what the hell your talking about. What did Johnson do, when was this, and what stink was made about it. Shit any press for Johnson is good.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

What's wrong with you?

You might help your cause, if you educated us about what the hell your talking about. What did Johnson do, when was this, and what stink was made about it. Shit any press for Johnson is good.

I assume he is talking about the incident in 2016 when asked about Syrian refugees and a specific city he responded, "What's a leppo?"

If someone repeatedly shows a lack of knowledge on topics it is a big deal. I haven't seen the Klobuchar clip so not sure how bad it looks, she should know the president of Mexico.

But trying to make a scandal because someone gets tongue tied in the dozens of interviews they do is childish and stupid. I thought Johnson's response was funny. But it was very unfair to decide on that response alone that he was unqualified.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Klobuchar Goes Gary Johnson [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

What's wrong with you?

I assume he is talking about the incident in 2016 when asked about Syrian refugees and a specific city he responded, "What's a leppo?"

If someone repeatedly shows a lack of knowledge on topics it is a big deal. I haven't seen the Klobuchar clip so not sure how bad it looks, she should know the president of Mexico.

But trying to make a scandal because someone gets tongue tied in the dozens of interviews they do is childish and stupid. I thought Johnson's response was funny. But it was very unfair to decide on that response alone that he was unqualified.

This one is kind of sad, the reporter realized she didn't know the Pres. name and just kept asking more and more directly. Till she finally said, I don't know the Pres. of Mexico's name.

Yeah I recall the Johnson story now, Neither were a big deal to me.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
shoff14 wrote:

Please tell me he didn’t say something so condescending and stupid...

He was making a larger point. That most everyone could learn to be a farmer in days of yore. Then most everyone could learn to work on an assembly line. But not everyone has the ability to work in IT.

He has no idea what being a farmer entails, certainly not in today's environment. But I grew up in farm country and my family still farms. There are a lot of not so bright people who run small to medium farms. And being a farm laborer is hard but not technical work. It is the prototype for dads telling their sons to work smarter and not harder in order to move beyond the dad's economic level. But no, you couldn't run a big farm and be a dumby.

On the other hand, my wife and I make a lot of money without working exceptionally hard for a reason. Doing IT work is not for everyone. It is not realistic to say that the way to treat factory workers who lost their jobs is just train them in IT. There are an awful lot of people who cannot make that transition.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:

I don't know. I just did a quick check on who ran the story.

The Hill, Newsweek, Associated Press, Politico, New York Times, CNN, Rolling Stone, Fox News, NY Post.

Pretty well covered. I don't see it as much different than Trump apparently not knowing which states border Mexico, or having no idea who Soleimani was (as a candidate), which were also covered, but not as leading-story news.

I don't think there's any need to hyperventilate about bias. It exists. But fortunately in today's world no media organization can control what information is published (unlike just 30-40 years ago when a relatively small # of media magnates controlled most media sources).

I don't think there's really any conceivably "fair" way to determine which stories "trend" in just the right way to achieve perfect lack of bias. Also it never existed throughout history. It's a myth that journalists "used to be unbiased." Nirvana fallacy.

We're in the golden age of media. No one can control it, and there are so many sources. It's perfect. I'm not complaining. I don't need any one site to "curate" news to some perfect notion of fairness.

Another thing that wasn't really covered, not even in our own HOLY SHIT thread:

"You do know who's paying for the wall, don't you? Redemption from illegal aliens that are coming. The redemption money is paying for the wall."

I think he meant "remittance," not "redemption." But the President is claiming that illegal aliens are paying for the border wall. North Korean-grade propaganda. This is normal. No one even bats an eye anymore.
Last edited by: trail: Feb 17, 20 9:06
Quote Reply
Re: Klobuchar Goes Gary Johnson [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
PrinceMax wrote:

Meanwhile your current President doesn’t know what States border Mexico.

You could say that he knows “his truths” and doesn’t know actual facts.

But yeah, she’s the real problem.

Don't feed the Trumpies. Pointless exercise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If Kay or blep didn’t start a thread about it, it didn’t happen.
Quote Reply
Re: Klobuchar Goes Gary Johnson [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
If Kay or blep didn’t start a thread about it, it didn’t happen.

What the hell are you talking about? Not a single person has said it didn't happen.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply