Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The most unlikable pairing in the history of politics?? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what about kamala or corey?

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: The most unlikable pairing in the history of politics?? [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what about kamala or corey? //

Dont think either of them got the black vote this time around, so probably not? Like I said, it is a very hard calculation, one that has to take a lot of stuff into consideration. Often it is about winning a purple big state, and that's it. When you look back at the last election, carrying one or two of those was the difference, and it was just in the tens of thousands of votes, which is crazy when talking about 130 million total votes. Does Kasich give you Ohio, or someone else Florida, or even Texas?(probably not Texas yet, but they did almost elect someone over Cruz last time out)..
Quote Reply
Re: The most unlikable pairing in the history of politics?? [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Madduck wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
tigermilk wrote:
Nevermind the reports from the Bloomberg campaign that pretty much deny it. I am sure they realize it would be a bad move- candidates from the same state so what upshot is there, and more importantly, I am sure they know Hilary is a toxic commodity. The real question is who put this out there? The right? One of the candidates who are seeking a bump from a Bloomberg drop?

The source is Drudge, referencing unnamed sources with Bloomberg’s campaign. If he picked Hillary it would be the worst decision since McCain picked Palin. He can’t be that dumb.

bloomberg was a dem then a pub then an independent then a dem again. he's confused. is that much or any better?
imo, if he switched from 'pub back to 'dem that makes him stupid. ;-)

eta: i think either sanders or warren started this rumor.

Three terms as mayor of NYC tells you about his politics. He’s a centrist who’s tough on crime, a fiscal conservative, in favor of charter schools and improvements to education and socially more liberal. He ran as a Pub in NY as that was the free ticket without anyone strong on the ballot. He’s also shown he’s a strong leader who gets things done. He also doesn’t care about money, so we know he’s unlikely to abuse his office for financial gain.

What don’t you like about his policies?

Well, I know you didn't ask me, but I don't like a candidate worth $63B that is willing to spend $1B of his own money to implement policies that will save him $3B. That may not be abusing the office for his financial gain, but it's not a great look when his number one opponent is trying to do the opposite. These two are running against each other trying to represent the same party? Hahaha.
Quote Reply
Re: The most unlikable pairing in the history of politics?? [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bloomberg was a dem then a pub then an independent then a dem again. he's confused. is that much or any better?

It didn't hurt Trump. He was a Republican in 1987, an Independent in 1999, a Democrat in 2001, back to Republican in 2009, Independent in 2011 and in 2012 back to the GOP.

Of course the GOP would jump all over Bloomberg if he changed affiliation but the public sure doesn't seem to care. It might help, if they can con the public into believing the change was made over policy and not in fact, for their personal opportunism.
Quote Reply
Re: The most unlikable pairing in the history of politics?? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kasich was not well liked here in Ohio at the end of his 2 terms as Republican governor, so i don't think he would help carry Ohio, especially running with a Dem.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: The most unlikable pairing in the history of politics?? [Justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kasich was not well liked here in Ohio at the end of his 2 terms as Republican governor,//

Did he do something at the very end to sour folks, because getting elected twice usually means "most" folks like you...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Kasich was not well liked here in Ohio at the end of his 2 terms as Republican governor,//

Did he do something at the very end to sour folks, because getting elected twice usually means "most" folks like you...

He committed the unpardonable sin of being GOP never-Trumper who remained a never-Trumper. So he was a Republican who lost Republican support because he wouldn’t cave in to Trump.
Quote Reply

Prev Next