Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Make America "Be Best" Again [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t need you to parse the thread. I e already said several times that you are being passive aggressive.

You open with “law abiding citizens like it” and “SJWs who don’t live there don’t.”

That’s a pretty clear position. But then when called out on it and having to own up to it, you later write, “hard to stomach....” with the caveat “from a civil liberties perspective.”

Kind of a wishy washy condemnation of stop and frisk after opening up with a statement that clearly offers a positive spin on it.

I want to be clear here, you can call me all the names you want. That’s not going to change what most people reading are going to think your statements mean.

Again, stop dancing g around with it. Just state clearly what your position is.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Make America "Be Best" Again [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
I don’t need you to parse the thread. I e already said several times that you are being passive aggressive.

You open with “law abiding citizens like it” and “SJWs who don’t live there don’t.”

That’s a pretty clear position. But then when called out on it and having to own up to it, you later write, “hard to stomach....” with the caveat “from a civil liberties perspective.”

Kind of a wishy washy condemnation of stop and frisk after opening up with a statement that clearly offers a positive spin on it.

I want to be clear here, you can call me all the names you want. That’s not going to change what most people reading are going to think your statements mean.

Again, stop dancing g around with it. Just state clearly what your position is.

My position is clear but I will reatate. I have a hard time accepting it from a civil liberties perspective but if it reduces crime in specific areas it may be worth it, as a temporary measure, especially if the residents of said areas want it. If you want to imply I'm a racist because that's my position that's on you not me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now Barry I'd like your position on ways to reduce crime in Englewood and Austin quickly (and cheaply since Chicago has no money).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Now Barry I'd like your position on ways to reduce crime in Englewood and Austin quickly (and cheaply since Chicago has no money).

The solution is easy. If the cops see a black person, full him over and frisk him. Throw him up against the car. Rough him up a little. A nice stomp on the toes, or perhaps jab them in the ribs with a club. Then force him into the back of the squad car, drive him a few blocks, and dump him on a corner in front of some of the locals and tell them that he's a snitch.

Its effective but its a double edged sword. That guy won't show his face in that neighborhood again, which means fewer black people, which means less crime. On the flip side, if that guy happens to be a working professional with a chemistry degree, he might sue you for $80,000.

At least that's what my friend did. Was SJW in your original comment just slang for "law abiding educated black people?" Because not too many of them like stop and frisk laws.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
[Was SJW in your original comment just slang for "law abiding educated black people?" Because not too many of them like stop and frisk laws.
Nope white folks not from the areas in question.

Also I see you don't have an answer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
My position is clear but I will reatate. I have a hard time accepting it from a civil liberties perspective but if it reduces crime in specific areas it may be worth it, as a temporary measure, especially if the residents of said areas want it. If you want to imply I'm a racist because that's my position that's on you not me.

So to be clear, we can ignore amendments to the constitution if it reduces crime and the people want it? Or does that only apply to the fourth amendment?
Quote Reply
Re: Make America "Be Best" Again [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
windywave wrote:

So to be clear, we can ignore amendments to the constitution if it reduces crime and the people want it? Or does that only apply to the fourth amendment?

Actually any Constitutional right can be infringed out of public necessity. Like I said I have a hard time with it because if you don't do it and crime is not abated you're screwing the people in those neighborhoods but if you do do do it you are by definition violating someone's Constitutional rights unless you have 100% success.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BarryP wrote:
[Was SJW in your original comment just slang for "law abiding educated black people?" Because not too many of them like stop and frisk laws.

I gave you an answer. You didn't like it?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Actually any Constitutional right can be infringed out of public necessity.

Awesome! Lets go get those guns!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
Quote:
Actually any Constitutional right can be infringed out of public necessity.

Awesome! Lets go get those guns!

I mean windy would approve.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
windywave wrote:
BarryP wrote:

I gave you an answer. You didn't like it?

If you want to stand on that you're welcome to do so
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Francois wrote:
I think it's time for you to not be a coward anymore and admit that you do support Trump.

Ironic the Frenchman is calling me a coward (you saw that coming)

I don't like Trump but I also don't like mindless vilification. There are plenty of things to attack him on intelligently but that seems to be lacking on here consistently.

quoted, does it make any difference?
Quote Reply
Re: Make America "Be Best" Again [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:
windywave wrote:
Francois wrote:
I think it's time for you to not be a coward anymore and admit that you do support Trump.

Ironic the Frenchman is calling me a coward (you saw that coming)

I don't like Trump but I also don't like mindless vilification. There are plenty of things to attack him on intelligently but that seems to be lacking on here consistently.

quoted, does it make any difference?

The parenthetical indicates it was a joke. Thanks for playing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do you need help?
Quote Reply
Re: Make America "Be Best" Again [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:
do you need help?

Sure. Need an oil change and more windshield wiper fluid.
Quote Reply
Re: Make America "Be Best" Again [trois_pample] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where the fuck did this troll come from?
Quote Reply

Prev Next