Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bemer - Is it snake oil?
Quote | Reply
A family friend (not an athlete) recently told me about something called bemer that she swears by and apparently has a decent following in the ultra endurance community, especially in RAAM. Does anyone know anything about this? It looks like snake oil to me, but I'm wondering if someone here knows more about the science than I do. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZUvZ-3wO1A
Quote Reply
Re: Bemer - Is it snake oil? [jhammond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't even watch the entire video. But calling any of that stuff "disruptive technology" sounds dumb as hell and seems to be appealing to people who want flash in their science and are not so concerned about the science.

But like I said, I didn't watch the rest, but I doubt it's reliable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Needs holograms.

This basically looks like the some non-science that is behind magnetic bracelets, socks, headbands, etc....with the exception that they are pulsing the EM field vs. it being static. Snake oil in a shaker bottle.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
as far as I can tell, this is not new technology and Bemer is just trying to market it as something magical. also, google Bemer and NASA and see how they tried to weasel a connection to NASA making it seem that NASA is using Bemer. seems like a scam to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personal opinion is snake oil. I'm an electrician and we just finished a facility that does recovery services geared towards athletes. Saunas, cryo therapy, float tanks, nomatec, and IV fluids. They also have beamer thing. I got to try it and found no benefit. The rep said you have to believe it will work for it to work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never heard of it, but isn't that one of those questions where if it has to be asked, the answer is "yes"?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just curious if there is any updated information/research on Bemer. I have a friend that swears by it, but I doubt the effectiveness.

Thanks,

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Bemer - Is it snake oil? [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MLM - ponzi scheme. They make you buy 5 to resell. Can't believe the people who get suckered into it. I know 3 people including a retired pro triathlete (then again what retired pro isn't selling snake oil / "in the hustle"- heh)
Quote Reply
Re: Bemer - Is it snake oil? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MLM is the worst.

Everyone who does it swears it is the best ever.

How else do you ever get your money back out of it?

The only disruptive about it is credibility
Quote Reply